Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Would you like to see Tripod mode on the Inspire

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@apsussex - I don't use Litchi I use AutoFlight Logic for autopilot stuff however; if you're using something like Litchi or Autopilot what would be the purpose of tripod mode since you're already setting up the movements when you create your flight plan? In Autopilot, you're already setting your altitude, camera position, focus points, flight speed, etc before you even leave the ground (if you chose too). Just asking because it seems redundant.

@apsussex - I don't use Litchi I use AutoFlight Logic for autopilot stuff however; if you're using something like Litchi or Autopilot what would be the purpose of tripod mode since you're already setting up the movements when you create your flight plan? In Autopilot, you're already setting your altitude, camera position, focus points, flight speed, etc before you even leave the ground (if you chose too). Just asking because it seems redundant.

Just to clarify, I dont want it for an automated flight plan, I like to have full control over what I am doing. For example, yesterday morning I flew a Mavic through a very tight spot between trees, having the absolute precision control to do this was amazing and keeping to a constant slow 2mph speed worked brilliantly. To do this with the inspire is incredibly hard to do, and I dont want to mess about with control settings so was hoping that something like Litchi could incorporate their own version of Tripod mode to allow this. Obviously when I need to get back to full speed its just a matter of changing the mode quickly with the tap of a button.

Just to clarify, I dont want it for an automated flight plan, I like to have full control over what I am doing. For example, yesterday morning I flew a Mavic through a very tight spot between trees, having the absolute precision control to do this was amazing and keeping to a constant slow 2mph speed worked brilliantly. To do this with the inspire is incredibly hard to do, and I dont want to mess about with control settings so was hoping that something like Litchi could incorporate their own version of Tripod mode to allow this. Obviously when I need to get back to full speed its just a matter of changing the mode quickly with the tap of a button.

It's great to know that you have full control of what you're doing. Your horn toot was loud and clear. Why would Litchi or any autopilot software platform incorporate a "manual" control feature in their "autopilot" platform? Tripod Mode is essentially a flight characteristic control for dummies (no pun intended), that can be achieved with an Inspire if you have full control over what you're doing, given enough clearance between the trees. I'm done here. Good luck!

It's great to know that you have full control of what you're doing. Your horn toot was loud and clear. Why would Litchi or any autopilot software platform incorporate a "manual" control feature in their "autopilot" platform? Tripod Mode is essentially a flight characteristic control for dummies (no pun intended), that can be achieved with an Inspire if you have full control over what you're doing, given enough clearance between the trees. I'm done here. Good luck!

That wasn't a dig, it was a preference, I am sorry you took that out of context. I am guessing you have never actually tried using Tripod mode on a Mavic. It has nothing to do with how much skill you have, its an aid to get certain types of shots, and something I don`t want automation for. If you can keep a perfect 2mph constant flight, whilst doing certain manoeuvres like lifting and panning without using any automated software, then fantastic. Unfortunately for me I am not good enough to do that perfectly so Tripod mode will be a great aid to use. In the end I am concentrating on getting the best footage I can, and if this can aid me in doing so, then I will make full use of it.

That wasn't a dig, it was a preference, I am sorry you took that out of context. I am guessing you have never actually tried using Tripod mode on a Mavic. It has nothing to do with how much skill you have, its an aid to get certain types of shots, and something I don`t want automation for. If you can keep a perfect 2mph constant flight, whilst doing certain manoeuvres like lifting and panning without using any automated software, then fantastic. Unfortunately for me I am not good enough to do that perfectly so Tripod mode will be a great aid to use. In the end I am concentrating on getting the best footage I can, and if this can aid me in doing so, then I will make full use of it.

I don't think anyone is... tripod mode is useful for all operatives - however skilled they think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: William Gaddy
I don't think anyone is... tripod mode is useful for all operatives - however skilled they think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter how skilled one is, having more tools in your bag is always a good thing. Just use the right tool for the right job. There have been times when I wish I had a feature like this for our Inspire 1 V2's and our Naza2 Octo for close-in, twitchy shots.

Cheers

Reactions: andrew259

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu