Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

UAVSA-UAV Systems Association

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by DustyVisor, Nov 22, 2014.

1. DustyVisor

Does anyone have any familiarity with UAVSA? They are advertising this on their website:

"The UAVSA is planning to file a petition on behalf of studios, companies and individuals in the film industry who want to apply for an exemption. "

But you have to join for $7, $9, or $30 a month! Seems semi-legit, but I want to know if anyone else has come across this association. Thanks!

http://www.uavsa.org/faa-exemption-assistance/

lrwskyfilms likes this.
  2. thumpinhard

have not heard of it yet. needs to be researched more i guess.
    thanks for bringing this to our attention.

lrwskyfilms likes this.
  3. DustyVisor

No problem.

Side note: The Drone Expo they are putting on in LA next month looks amazing! But alas I live in south FL and just spent all my money on an Inspire1...:rolleyes:

4. Adam

Seems like a step in the right direction. I'd be wary to think any individual would have a chance of getting an exemption at this point. The companies that got exemptions were established players in the field. There's a chance that the FAA will release some guidelines next month, but I'm not holing my breath.

5. thumpinhard

I asked fscebook amd Romeo responded that they were ligit..but was not aware of this info.
    I do like the idea of the benefit for prostate research as my dad died of prostate cancer and i have issues as well..seems like he is doing good work in a couple of areas.