Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Update attempted, unresponsive RC

Nik

Reaction score
Hi all, some wisdom please...?

I've been working away so tonight was my first chance to update the I1 from 1.2.6 to hopefully 1.4. Reading DJI's notes I downloaded 1.3 first and updated the AC to that. then tried to update the RC. Then... Nothing...
RC just stays with a solid red light and after about 10 mins starts to beep, I assume to warn me I've left it on. It does nothing else now, just a solid red light.

Any ideas please? At present I have an AC with 1.3 and a RC with well I'm not sure but I assume 1.2.6!

Apologies if this has been answered but I've looked for the past hour and can't find one. In the past I've had no problems updating.

I have downloaded the GO app but obviously it won't work with the RC yet as it's still on 1.2.6. The notes are a little confusing.

Any help greatly appreciated...
Many thanks
Nik

Did you connect your RC to the back of the camera or tried using a jump drive? I would recommend connecting to the back of the camera. Definitely do it in this order. The I1 first, battery will follow since it's already in the bird and then update the RC. Once that's done update to the DJI Go app on your tablet. ** Remember, only have the *.bin file in the root directory of the memory card when you initially start. Good Luck!!

thanks for your advice. I managed to update to 1.3 from a USB drive, it simply wouldn't work via the AC. However, getting the RC to update to 1.4 is now proving impossible. I've tried resetting the RC to factory as advised, but when I launch the 2.2 version of DJI GO there's no option to upgrade, unless I'm missing something?

So I'm now stuck with an RC that's from what I can gather stuck in it's basic factory mode and I can't update it at all! AC is now at 1.4!

Any other options or advice please?

thanks in advance
Nik

I've tried resetting and when I restart the app I don't get any kind of "update required" message - where would/should that be?

thanks

FW 1.3 is the latest upgrade for the RC!
FW 1.4 does not update the RC

Look at the "About" section of the App and see what is being reported for the RC, AC and App versions.
Let us know what you find..

Well about 2 hours ago I was unknowingly all good then!!! :)
Now I have an AC at 1.4, an app at 2.2 and a RC that says "version unavailable" since I tried the resetting process suggested above. I'm at a loss to know what to do now as no matter what I try I can't get the RC to recognise any updates...
Thanks
Nik

Delete the App and re-install it, then see if it wants to download the RC FW upgrade..
I say this because.....
I think from what you said previously "I've tried resetting the RC to factory as advised" that you may have already done step 1. of the process (again) but not carried out the other required steps..

If that fails, try updating the RC from a pen drive with the 1.3 upgrade file

Reactions: turbodronepilot
yup, actually tried that 5 monuntes ago and it seems to have worked! Strange, it just didn't wanna do that before!

Nothing's easy with DJI...
Thanks for your help, much appreciated, at least I can try flying it now. Just draining my batteries in preparation.

thanks again
Nik

yup, actually tried that 5 monuntes ago and it seems to have worked! Strange, it just didn't wanna do that before!

Nothing's easy with DJI...
Thanks for your help, much appreciated, at least I can try flying it now. Just draining my batteries in preparation.

thanks again
Nik
Happy Days!
Enjoy..

PS.. Don't forget to do a sticks calibration with the AC turned off and do the calibration SLOWLY several times in each directions.
Then with the AC turned on do a Advanced IMU calibration on a flat, level and vibration free surface..

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes