Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

You should be able to use the same code for the other device. Can you try that ? Let me know if that works.
never got a code like ##### on iphone just when true on ipad nop and test fligth wants to redeem a new code

Got it my I pad was sign in in my wife itunes acc will try it this weekend thanks great customer service

Last edited:
never got a code like ##### on iphone just when true on ipad nop and test fligth wants to redeem a new code

Got it my I pad was sign in in my wife itunes acc will try it this weekend thanks great customer service

Ok sure. I'll need a new email address for the new device. Cann you give me another email address for your new code ?

Finally found the app. It was hidden in a email and I never saw it. DL it and click on the app when the I1 is on and all I get is "connect your drone"
nothing..I am on iOS with an ipad air. My bird has the x5 attached, i guess its not compatible with the x5? anyone?

X5..not supported..X3 is..working good now...Any way to show the volts on the app as well. I know the % at times can be off and the volts is the real measurement.

X5..not supported..X3 is..working good now...Any way to show the volts on the app as well. I know the % at times can be off and the volts is the real measurement.

Thats a good point thanks! The current app supports X3 but because of some issue with the DJI SDK it supports X5 only on some devices - strange. DJI has recently released a new SDK version so we'll be able to update it and make the X5 work in the next couple updates :)

Thats a good point thanks! The current app supports X3 but because of some issue with the DJI SDK it supports X5 only on some devices - strange. DJI has recently released a new SDK version so we'll be able to update it and make the X5 work in the next couple updates :)
My device was a Ipad air, and a ipad mini 2.

I think you have mislead your beta testers then. Your original statement indicates that when it's public it will be free to beta testers. THIS is your public release, where the 'pro' appendage looks like a ploy to charge us all, and you are saying it's not free 'forever' to beta testers. Ah well, how to make public beta testers lose confidence in your company! I feel more than a little hoodwinked...don't know about anyone else.

Not sure what happened. I had Vertical Studio show up in Test Flight and then this morning it is gone.

Have I been removed from the beta?

Hi guys,

Some of you, including @IrishSights have expressed a concern about our policy regarding early beta testers as we transition from beta testing to a production ready version of Vertical Studio. Let me clarify those issues here.

Firstly, I want to say that we do appreciate the amount of effort some of you have put into giving us valuable feedback and the risk you have taken with flying VS at an early stage in our development. We'd like to thank you all for that.

Here's how we plan to move forward. When Vertical Studio launches out of beta, we will be launching two parallel apps - Vertical Studio (the public version) and Vertical Studio Beta (the private beta version).

The current beta app you have installed will convert to the public version of Vertical Studio. However, we will privately send out install instructions to our current beta testers for the new Vertical Studio Beta - which will be a completely free version with all the features in Vertical Studio Professional. The idea is that this version will always be at the bleeding edge of our product development and you guys will have the opportunity to try all our new features earlier than release for as long as you choose to stay in the beta program.

Our initial beta program got over 2000 signups and we allowed a large number of users to try VS without a many expectations on feedback and testing. Still, we're really humbled that so many of you took the time to give us such incredible feedback. The next Beta program is going to be a little more selective. We're going to send out the next batch of permanent beta invites to our current beta users that have given us any sort of feedback on Vertical Studio, either here, on our forum, on youtube or via email. We will also be sending out guidelines for membership in the permanent beta program. We appreciate all your efforts and we'd like you guys to be a part of the Vertical Community for years to come.

I hope this clarifies your issues and we're really excited to work with you all as we grow. If you have any questions - please let me know at [email protected].

Announcing the Vertical Film Festival

yTTlcV0.png
Hi guys! You've all been wonderful as beta testers for the past two months, and together, we've made a lot of progress building Vertical Studio. But this has been a pretty serious process and we wanted to switch gears a little bit.

We thought we would try something fun with you guys. So we decided to start our very own Vertical Film Festival - to showcase some of the amazing aerial videos you've all filmed with Vertical Studio ... and mostly so we can hand out some awesome prizes ;)

Check out the festival page here: Vertical Film Festival 2016

Submit your best work filmed mostly with Vertical Studio. To submit, upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo and send us a link to the video through the submission form. It could be a narrative film, a demo reel, complex shots or just beautiful dronies. Submissions are open until February 22nd, 2016.

We will pick 3 winners by Feb 24th. The 3 winners will received a receive a surprise gift package and be featured on the Vertical Studio Professional Homepage. Additionally, some of our favorite submissions will be highlighted in the Vertical Studio Launch Video at the NYC Drone Film Festival on March 5th, 2016 to an audience of some of the best aerial cinematographers in the world.

Happy Filming!!

Cheers,
Neil
Vertical Team

Hi all you Android flyers!

Today, we’re excited to announce our latest Android release. Version 1.0.0.

The main update in this release? Our newest feature – Walls.

Walls let you do just as the name suggests – Build walls anywhere on your map, to fly safely and prevent your drone from crossing the wall. That means you can fly with the peace of mind knowing that you’ll be flying a little safer. Please try it out and let us know what you think! Here’s a quick screen record showing off the feature.

What else is new in this release?
  1. A new tutorial at the start to introduce people to tracking, without connecting to the drone.
  2. Offline mode – You can now open the app and explore the interface without connecting to the drone.

As always, to make sure you have the latest release, go through these steps:
Do I have the latest release?

Thanks,
Neil
Vertical Studio

@Neil Mathew - Just curious that now the Phantom 4 is 'live' and announced and has full optical tracking built in via the Go App (as well as obstacle avoidance) how is this going to affect your app?
This must be a bit of a blow for you guys?

@Neil Mathew - Just curious that now the Phantom 4 is 'live' and announced and has full optical tracking built in via the Go App (as well as obstacle avoidance) how is this going to affect your app?
This must be a bit of a blow for you guys?
It does seem like that doesn't it. Well we have a lot more tricks up our sleeves :) For now, think of VS as everything you can get in $1400 Phantom 4 for $20.

How long does it take to get the beta invite? I submitted my email a few days ago and have not recieved the invite yet. Really looking forward to trying this app out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu