Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

VR Glasses + Smartphone for camera operator?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Ferdi, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Ferdi

Hey guys

Anyone have experience using VR Glasses with a Smartphone so that the camera op can properly see what he's filming in bright sunlight? All the camera controls can be adjusted from the controller, so the fact that he can't use the touch screen won't be an issue. What do you guys reckon?
    Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 6.11.58 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 6.12.22 pm.png

2. gray52

If Dji do the app so it goes into split screen then it will work, until then no.

3. Ferdi

So it won't work even if I remove the partition separating the view between the eyes?

4. gray52

No, as you need 2 images. If dji do the option to split the image then normal vr head set will work, and how cheap will that be!

5. Ferdi

Thanks Gray. That would've been a great and affordable way to get my cam op to see what he's filming... Oh well, Headplay it is!

6. gray52

There must be away to do it but it has to be software based to do it. If anyone knows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Kilrah

Someone has stated they were working on an app to do that somewhere on this forum, but haven't seen any news/expected release date in months.