Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

I've got the HeadPlay with Phanton 3 and Inspire 1 Radio and Ipad Air 2. I can use the HeadPlay with Phantom 3 but I have pixelisation on the screen. I used the same app than Inspire but don't have the option to turn off hdmi and osd.

I don't know how to fix this pixelisation.

I've got the HeadPlay with Phanton 3 and Inspire 1 Radio and Ipad Air 2. I can use the HeadPlay with Phantom 3 but I have pixelisation on the screen. I used the same app than Inspire but don't have the option to turn off hdmi and osd.

I don't know how to fix this pixelisation.
I have the same issue too..
Not sure why but when I plug into the hdmi port the screen on my tablet and headplays both pixalate. .
might be a bad hdmi port ???

with my Inspire ...I activate the HDMI to screen and tablet etc ...turn on the osd to screen...tab and HP screens pixelate...so I turn off the APP only on the Inspire tablet...HeadPlays with osd display is all good now...all the info you get from the tablet is clear through the HP's now.
It works for me.
...Pete

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Tried turning off the on screen osd and I got a clear picture on the headplays and the shield ..
I had a blast cruising around while using the headplays. .
it's way more fun then just using a tablet. .
just wish I understood Aussie Pete's directions on how to get a good picture on the headplays with the osd ..

Hi ....turbodronepilot.
Glad to hear you are using the HP HD goggles on your Inspire...what a view.
My HP HD goggles are plugged directly into the Inspire HDMI port on the tx.
If I want the full osd on the goggles without any pixilation....I just turn off the app on my tablet.
This gives you a perfect screen " with osd " through the goggles.
My tablet is still plugged into the Inspire usb port and the tablet and turned on...but the DJI " app only " is turned off.
Your Inspire still works/fly's ...without the app running and you have all that you would see in the app screen..displayed through the goggles...but no touch screen / audio functions.
Most of what you want to do...video/photo....flight modes...rth...etc are available directly on the transmitter buttons
Of course..this is not a fix for the pixilation problem...its a way of working around it.
Hope this works for you.
Happy days
...Pete

Hi ....turbodronepilot.
Glad to hear you are using the HP HD goggles on your Inspire...what a view.
My HP HD goggles are plugged directly into the Inspire HDMI port on the tx.
If I want the full osd on the goggles without any pixilation....I just turn off the app on my tablet.
This gives you a perfect screen " with osd " through the goggles.
My tablet is still plugged into the Inspire usb port and the tablet and turned on...but the DJI " app only " is turned off.
Your Inspire still works/fly's ...without the app running and you have all that you would see in the app screen..displayed through the goggles...but no touch screen / audio functions.
Most of what you want to do...video/photo....flight modes...rth...etc are available directly on the transmitter buttons
Of course..this is not a fix for the pixilation problem...its a way of working around it.
Hope this works for you.
Happy days
...Pete
Thank you very much Pete. ..
The part I didn't get Is how to turn off the app ,but I know what to do now...
I had a ton of fun flying fpv today thanks to the info I got from pete. ..super cool man...
what an amazing experience flying with the headplays!!
I can't wait until i fly again..lol..

Are you running the video on auto channel assignment? Try picking channel 20 manually and see if the pixilation dissappears.
I had that problem before I went with the iPad air 2.

Last edited:
Hi mate.
I use a cable that requires a HDMI to mini HDMI adaptor one end...could not get a mini to mini in OZ after several days on line .
My new mini to mini cable is coming from my fpv supplier in USA....Range Video .... same place I bought the HP HD goggles from.
The tripod sounds like it will work for some people....be sure it wont fall over when you push your face into the foam seat....Good luck.
I did try a micro camera and vtx on top of my mini Radian last week...what a hoot...had the goggles on for the full flight buzzing around close.
Also fitted the same micro camera and vtx onto a mini quad for indoor flying..y

Ordered last week from aircraft-Japan and they arrived yesterday. They might be out of stock now but worth checking out. I canceled my order at getfpv once I received my Headplays from Japan (aircraft-world.com).

Just a update on the Head Play pixelating with DJI Inspire with HDMI osd output turned on.
I've just updated to DJI GO on tablet.....Inspire firmware to latest 1.4.0 etc.
Installed Litchi waypoint software with dual HDMI output turned on...same as DJI Go app setting.
Both programs now run perfectly through the Head Play HD goggles...with the HDMI cable "with ..osd " turned on.
Looks like to new software upgrade has solved our problem...Yahoo...back to normal now.
Happy days.
...Pete

Just got my headplays today.. I see what all the HYPE is about. I feel like I'm watching an Imax screen. It's the most immersive fpv experience to date. Just in time for my Puerto Vallarta vacation tomorrow. Thanks Allen at Range video!

Well after a lot of ummming and aarghing. I order my head play googles last night an the will be here tomorrow.... I'm not sure still about them so we will see. I will let you know when I get them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu