Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

OK HP Newbie here !
Got the Headplay today, connected to Inspire RC using HDMI mini adapter and the mini HDMI is connected to the HP HDMI mini input.
Ive changed the input to HDMI on the HP, but all I'm getting is a blue screen. I'm just wondering whether this is because the battery is not fully charged, being impatient I tried to get it working straight away. I can get the menu on the screen but nothing else. Is there anything I need to change in the DJI Go app ?

OR

Have I been sent an older one that hasn't been firmware updated ????

Last edited:
you need to switch dual output in the app.. im at work now and can't remember off hand where it is..will look later........... and also enable on screen display

you need to switch dual output in the app.. im at work now and can't remember off hand where it is..will look later........... and also enable on screen display

Ok thanks, I can't find dual output ?
The only relevant things I can find are, Simultaneous image output and display OSD on HDMI Output. I've played around with both those to no effect.

+1 my thoughts as well.. also make sure its fully pushed in... mine was very tight at first

Yes the cable is fully pushed in and I've tried a couple of cables. I'm a little bit suspicious that I'm not the first owner of these Headplays as the packaging doesn't look new. I'm wondering whether the female micro connection has been forced by someone before and is now useless.
I managed to get a signal very briefly for a few seconds and now i can get nothing except a blue screen.
thanks for the replies.

If you've tried using different cables with no success then your main board is out..
I happen to have one because range video sent one to me for the very same issue..like I said it turned out to be the cable even though it was new and worked for 3 flights..
I'll send it to you if you need it..just pay shipping from California. .pm me ..
turb....
Yes the cable is fully pushed in and I've tried a couple of cables. I'm a little bit suspicious that I'm not the first owner of these Headplays as the packaging doesn't look new. I'm wondering whether the female micro connection has been forced by someone before and is now useless.
I managed to get a signal very briefly for a few seconds and now i can get nothing except a blue screen.
thanks for the replies.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I sold my Headplays. I found that I wasn't using them as much as I thought I would.
I may pull the trigger on the Avegant Glyphs. They're currently pre-order only with a street release date of December.
I'll let yas know what they're like once I have them.

thanks for the replies.

Did you buy them new in the UK...???

I have to admit reluctantly that being old sucks and I'm having trouble focusing on the screen.. I haven't flown with them yet...so we will see

I sold my Headplays. I found that I wasn't using them as much as I thought I would.

sads.jpg

Reactions: sirnikolas
Did you buy them new in the UK...???

Yes I bought them new in the UK. Hopefully I'll get a replacement when new stock arrives. The only thing I could see was the menu which was out of focus with the Headplays on. I'm wondering whether I need to get some stronger reading glasses just to wear with the HP !

I don't use the HPs as much as I thought I would either, but when I get a chance to, it's still worth the $250 USD I paid. Plus I like to let people who don't even know what a drone is use them. I have fun seeing old people get a kick out of it!!

Well I tried the HP today......... as I thought from tests in the garden.. whlist the picture is brilliant... my tired old eyes just see a fuzzy image and its quite a strain on my eyes to

So Ebay here they come Doh!!!

I agree with you turbodronepilot, I just got back from Mexico and I had a blast. My flying was so much better. I could see everything. I wish I could post my video but the HP are amazing. I wish I had them in Jamaica... Thanks Range video.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Well I tried the HP today......... as I thought from tests in the garden.. whlist the picture is brilliant... my tired old eyes just see a fuzzy image and its quite a strain on my eyes to

So Ebay here they come Doh!!!

Well sold my Headplay googles on Ebay and made a profit from the sale.. Bonus!!

If you've tried using different cables with no success then your main board is out..
I happen to have one because range video sent one to me for the very same issue..like I said it turned out to be the cable even though it was new and worked for 3 flights..
I'll send it to you if you need it..just pay shipping from California. .pm me ..
turb....
send me the headplay i will pay for shipping

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu