Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Why should I buy the Inspire 2? Upgrade for P4

Bentley software already is a 3d mapping / ortho package in itself, Pix4d would be a lower quality option.

With the level you are working at you already have 1cm accurate ground control points, so any imagery you take will be accurate and give accurate 3d models with what you have.

I have used the Phantom 4 which gives good results and 1cm ground resolution which is good, the Inspire 1 gives a better quality (although you need to get your head round the manual focusing issue), the Inspire 2 will give better results again due to the quality and size of images. However if you don't know how to process the images in the first place no amount of expensive software will wok.

What software are you using to collect the images in the first place ?
Hmmm, well we just use Bentley for civil road and site design, and AutoCAD Civil 3D, but wasn't aware that either of these could take a load of aerial photos (we often process several hundred) into a single stitched together mosaic. I'm not the CAD guy in the office however, so maybe I need to investigate this. This is where we use PIX 4D to process the photos - so although I don't claim to know how to process the images in the first place, I do know how to use PIX 4D to this end. What happens during processing is all magic (ha!).
And yes we just shoot in easily identified photo points (like a paint stripe corner, whatever) after the photos are taken to within a cm (ish) and then use the utility in PIX 4D to adjust the photo position. Usually 3 to 5 points on an average site dials it in pretty nicely.
Not sure what you mean by "what software is used to collect the images?" We use the PIX 4D capture app to generate a flight plan, correct photo overlap etc.

Not sure what you mean by "what software is used to collect the images?" We use the PIX 4D capture app to generate a flight plan, correct photo overlap etc.
Thats not a bad package, so which ever you use, you need to ensure it will work with your drone for easy use - none of them work (officially) with the I2 yet. Also another good option would be the DJI Professional Ground Station which has just been released.

Are you talking Autodesk Recap 360 - one of my guys said they tried the demo about a year ago, and well I shouldn't type what he thought of it.....
Maybe its improved now? Does it have flight planning, camera control etc., like PIX 4D? Not trying to be a PIX 4D cheerleader, but it is working for us.....

Are you talking Autodesk Recap 360
no - thats crap - i dont use any system which uses cloud computing, as none of them give enough processing options.

As you have Bentley use that!

You are looking at a two process attack - firstly with the image capture with uav, then getting those images into the system and processed. Map Pilot is like Pix4D capture and a number of other IOS/Android apps which allow a grid pattern to be captured. I also use UGCS which is a very powerful flight control package which allows for terrain management - so if you were mapping the side of a hill, the flight plan would take into consideration the actual height above ground level and adjust the flight plan to keep the aircraft .

This is a massive subject, I've been doing it for a couple of years and about to start a masters degree on disaster management which includes massive sections on geography, earth science and sensors just to understand it - its a massive learning curve!

Dear LJCF
I currently have 400 ac (fairly rectangle) and even at the highest point on the property my P4 goes out of range and my I1 does also but not as soon. The I2 is supposed to have even further range. Just first hand FYI from a guy with a similar problem. Im going to order a I2 but I want to be sure DJI does not have something coming up in 2 months at the Barcelona show that will make it obsolete. lol
good luck

Well if that is the case, they just alienated about every professional surveyor on the planet.....

Well if that is the case, they just alienated about every professional surveyor on the planet.....
I did explain this to the dealer i spoke to as well. Accuracy to them is cm accuracy for flight position, as opposed to giving the information to the camera to allow cm accuracy without ground control points - i said what a wasted opportunity it was - Im unsure what they have done for the M200 - they might have included the info to allow it to be useful to the rest of the world - as this is aimed at commercial and not cinema i HOPE they have added this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mywifiext