Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Worm screw bent on Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

last week I was flying in a redwood forest and set my Inspire 1 down hard from a couple feet in the air. Everything is working but when you raise/lower the landing gear it struggles to transform, you can see that the worm screw is bent and hear the motor struggling. I have emailed DJI to see about a fix but have not heard back.

Wondering if they offer small replacement parts or does it have to go back to the factory?

Hi Guys,

last week I was flying in a redwood forest and set my Inspire 1 down hard from a couple feet in the air. Everything is working but when you raise/lower the landing gear it struggles to transform, you can see that the worm screw is bent and hear the motor struggling. I have emailed DJI to see about a fix but have not heard back.

Wondering if they offer small replacement parts or does it have to go back to the factory?
Factory repair I am afraid (unless you can get hold of the parts from FleaBay or similar and you fancy doing the job yourself).

BTW - have removed your duplicate post from General Discussion section.

I was afraid of that, thank you for removing my other post. Hoping it will last next week for a trip to the high sierras then I will send it in.

Just got my RMA from DJI, 8 week turn around time. Lame, I work for one of the leading underwater photography stores in the world and could not imagine telling a customer 8 week turn around time.

Oh well, I have a shoot end of this month I have been waiting all summer for so going to try and use it for that and then send it in.

DJI pushes a lot more volume than your company does. Would you prefer they tell you a 2-week turn around time and than give you excuse after excuse why it's not ready up to about 8-weeks...this way if it's repaired sooner you're more happy.

After sending my Inspire 1 back to DJI for repair, originally I was told it would be 8 week turn around time. Only one week later I received it, with the new upgraded parts. Top notch service, it looks like they are working very hard to get their customer service dialed in.

After sending my Inspire 1 back to DJI for repair, originally I was told it would be 8 week turn around time. Only one week later I received it, with the new upgraded parts. Top notch service, it looks like they are working very hard to get their customer service dialed in.

I know this is a super old post, but if you are still around Rusty, do you mind sharing how much the reapair was. I bought a used Inspire that I am pretty sure has the same problem.

I know this is a super old post, but if you are still around Rusty, do you mind sharing how much the reapair was. I bought a used Inspire that I am pretty sure has the same problem.
The part is usually available from retailers or fleabay.
DJI Inspire 1 Center Frame Component and Worm Drive
It's not a particularly difficult repair as long as you are methodical and confident to strip the aircraft down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam