Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 lens recommendations please

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just acquired a I1 pro with the X5 with no lens. I shoot just about all stills and am looking for lenses that render sharp and vibrant colours. I am a photographer by trade but am fairly new to the aerial world of photography. I've done a lot of reading and it seems that the Olympus lenses are the most recommended, in particular the 12mm F2.0.

The 12mm is not in my budget at this point unless I can find a used one for a fair price. My other option is to buy a couple of Olympus fixed focal length lenses which is cheaper than the 12mm. I see that there are zoom lenses that are reasonably priced but I think the quality is more in the fixed lenses rather than the cheaper zooms. I also see other manufacturers making lenses that will work with the X5 such as Panasonic, Sigma etc.

What I am really looking for is some recommendations from some folks who know first hand which lenses really perform and which ones don't. I'll be taking scenic and farm pictures the most.

I thank anyone who has the time and experience to help me out. Is the X5 able to shoot in RAW?

Regards, Mike

Don't be sorry :) it's good advice and good to know. I'll start off with a cheaper prime and once it's generating money the 12mm it will be.... Maybe I could wait for a Hassellblad lens!!!

You should be able to get the image in JPG, DNG, or JPG+DNG. You can check out lens ratings at DxO, but you already have the answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markus_Walker77