Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S Best prime for IQ

I think the 45mm Olympus is nuce, and I've seen good reviews of it, but I'd just look at reviews of all supported primes for myself if you're unsure what to get. These lenses have been around a while and there should be plenty of reviews.

The one thing I'd watch out for with the I2 specifically is that while a lot of people like the 25mm Olympus, I've also seen a number of reports of the left side of the image being soft sometimes.

I don't know if that's a hardware or software issue with the I2, a problem with some individual lenses, or maybe even a design issue with the lens that makes it less suitable for use under the forces generated by flying it, but if you buy one you should definitely test it.

Reactions: Lesmess
SE: Thanks for your reply. Will check the approved lens on the usual review sites but nothing like feedback from people actually flying it.

Reactions: Shawn Esplin
I think the 45mm Olympus is nuce, and I've seen good reviews of it, but I'd just look at reviews of all supported primes for myself if you're unsure what to get. These lenses have been around a while and there should be plenty of reviews.

The one thing I'd watch out for with the I2 specifically is that while a lot of people like the 25mm Olympus, I've also seen a number of reports of the left side of the image being soft sometimes.

I don't know if that's a hardware or software issue with the I2, a problem with some individual lenses, or maybe even a design issue with the lens that makes it less suitable for use under the forces generated by flying it, but if you buy one you should definitely test it.
Michael over at Florida Drone Supply (totally knowledgeable) told me the same thing. Stay away from the 25 as many of them have that soft edge. So I am waiting until that gets sorted out

This shows all the micro four-thirds lenses with the scores and sharpness ratings: Camera Lens Database | DxOMark

I'm curious as to the new Laowa 7.5mm rectilinear lightweight drone lens coming out as some photos look very nice. Don't know if it is supported in the X5S camera though since it is full manual and if DJI not reading a code, as no chip is in it, will botch it up.

Michael over at Florida Drone Supply (totally knowledgeable) told me the same thing. Stay away from the 25 as many of them have that soft edge. So I am waiting until that gets sorted out

To be fair, a lot of people the lens works for love it, but a lot also have issues. If you can try one before buying, or better yet try a few, you might find one you love with no problems.

I don't know whether or not it will ever be fixed because it *may* be a lens issue that doesn't show up on ground-based cameras rather than a DJI issue.

I'm curious as to the new Laowa 7.5mm rectilinear lightweight drone lens coming out as some photos look very nice. Don't know if it is supported in the X5S camera though since it is full manual and if DJI not reading a code, as no chip is in it, will botch it up.

They made it specifically for drones but it's manual only? That seems a little strange...

This obviously depends greatly on your intended use... I love the Olympus 17mm, but that's because when recording in 4K at 60FPS the crop factor is 2.7 so that is already pretty zoomed in for the autograss racing I have been covering. Lovely sharp lens. I have the 12, 25 and 45 but have barely touched them yet!

Reactions: marktottymy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74