Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3D printed accessories

hey guys, I stopped coming to the site but I'm now back.. I know I have ignored many PM's about these mounts.. If anyone still needs some let me know I will do my best to do another run.

Reactions: John Archer
hey guys, I stopped coming to the site but I'm now back.. I know I have ignored many PM's about these mounts.. If anyone still needs some let me know I will do my best to do another run.
Glad to se you are back. I purchased these mounts a long time ago and still use them to this day. Thanks again and good luck with your new endeavors.

hi all

i have done the battery mod on inspire 1
i have a 3d printer but my design skills are naff

would;d like to ask blade strike if he could design a plate so the 5.2 amp battery can be mounted
have tried duel lock 3 m but comes off when battery removed

hi all

i have done the battery mod on inspire 1
i have a 3d printer but my design skills are naff

would;d like to ask blade strike if he could design a plate so the 5.2 amp battery can be mounted
have tried duel lock 3 m but comes off when battery removed

You can use two smaller lipos and use the mounts I designed with Neil Watts:

DJI Inspire 1 X3/X5 Dual Battery Plate - Aero3D

Alternatively you can mount it like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453550676.483710.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453550699.594091.jpg

hi damon

i use x5 so underslung not an option

am going for the one battery option
i have spoken with neil on the phone we have come up with a one battery design so should have it in a few days

Reactions: damoncooper
hi damon

i use x5 so underslung not an option

am going for the one battery option
i have spoken with neil on the phone we have come up with a one battery design so should have it in a few days

Under rear battery compartment is probably your only viable option then. Just curious why not use two? Are you using a DJI battery as auxiliary? I think I recall you use if a 5200 Multistar correct?

i have used two got 19 minutes but as i video firework display i need some more time
fanti got 25mins with one battery set up hovering and as displays are normally 18-20 mins 25mins would be great
i dont do long distance flights but if need can just pop one or duel battery config on will have to mod another 2 batterys

i have used two got 19 minutes but as i video firework display i need some more time
fanti got 25mins with one battery set up hovering and as displays are normally 18-20 mins 25mins would be great
i dont do long distance flights but if need can just pop one or duel battery config on will have to mod another 2 batterys

Gotcha. Center of gravity are important, though. Neil and I came up with the X5 mount that's on the website that I think does a really good job of balancing CoG for a two battery config.

I'm testing 2 Thunder Power 2700's today with the X3. If that gets me closer to 30 min than my current best performers (28:29 X3 flight time with the heavier 2650 nanotechs) then I might suggest you give either of these a go.

My ultimate goal is to maximize flight time for my X5R I'be got on preorder so we share similar goals.

Having said that, the optimal flight time combination for the X5 will likely be different than the X3 but my testing of two 3S 5200 Multistars showed two things: one they left a huge amount of power unused at end of flight, likely due to their low C, and two, flight time was very suboptimal.

I've had much better luck with higher C (20C or 25C minimum) batteries where main depletes to 10% and aux depletes to about 20%, vs 33-40% for the DJI and Multistars when used as aux.

I'll post results from ongoing testing on the battery mod thread if you want to track progress.

will do that

the batteries i got are 10c are they ok ??

been following battery mod thread for some time

will do that

the batteries i got are 10c are they ok ??

been following battery mod thread for some time

10C is fine but for whatever reason I've found the low C batteries have a lot of power left in them unused at end of flight vs higher C batteries. Not optimal in my opinion as you want aux and main to drain at the same rate and be as closely matched as possible.

I'm looking for a small - probably 3D printed - model of the Inspire, or even ANY type of small drone, but the Inspire would be my preference.
Is anyone able to produce such a thing?
Worst case scenario even just a file would help, as apparently I can get access to a printer through our local library, but my preference is just to buy a model already made. It needs to be quite small. Probably only about 30mm maximum height/width/length

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac