Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I made similar observations about quite a bit of power left in the aux batteries with the Mulistars or DJI batteries used as aux. I suspect the low C capability of these batteries may be to blame somehow, since I don't see this with higher C batteries.
Same with me, very odd.

Reactions: damoncooper
2+hrs flight times anyone?

15/12/15 - Intelligent Energy Hydrogen Fuel Cells... | Intelligent Energy

Interesting: they have two versions, all fuel cell and fuel cell+ battery.

In the latter, pictured below they appear to have tapped the DJI Matrice 100 power system in a way not dissimilar to the hack we are all using (and described on the first page of this thread) to tap the DJI battery at its leads.

Look closely...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450621357.024497.jpg

Dear

Top result !!!
Can you post the correct full name of the used batteries.

thx

is that hover or fly around.+1 the detailed info and thank you for all in here for testing. great job.
keep it up

Dear

Top result !!!
Can you post the correct full name of the used batteries.

thx

Turnigy 2650 6S batteries. But, these are heavier than needed. I can do better.

There are 2800's that weigh less posted in this thread above. That'll be my next stop I think.

Or the Thunder Power's.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Thx for your fast answer !
how do you charge these 2650 battery's ?
And 28 minutes 29 seconds is a really mighty result !
If you can reach 30 minutes ,it would be a really crazy record

Thx for your fast answer !
how do you charge these 2650 battery's ?
And 28 minutes 29 seconds is a really mighty result !
If you can reach 30 minutes ,it would be a really crazy record

Charging is done with a regular lithium polymer charger and power supply.

I am hopeful I can hit 30 minutes I'm given that I'm only a minute and a half away I think it's doable.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Damon, for my test, the dji battery cell votage are same as the extra battrry cell votage after landed. form your test, I saw the dji battery are down to 6% but the extra battery are still remains 11%, do I miss out something?

Damon, for my test, the dji battery cell votage are same as the extra battrry cell votage after landed. form your test, I saw the dji battery are down to 6% but the extra battery are still remains 11%, do I miss out something?

When I tested the 2 X TB48's, 2 X TB47's and 1 X TB48 + 2 X Multistars, main battery was 10% but aux were all about 24% left if I recall. Which baffled me.

But with higher rated C aux batteries (like today's test) I'm seeing 10% main and 11% aux left at test end. Much more uniform use of power.

It's like the TB4X batteries refuse to use external charge at a certain voltage?

Last edited:

Not sure if you missed my other post. If you have a link or website you could point me to for the arm brackets and the body bracket that you used for the Inspire Battery Mod I would really appreciate it. I'm very interested in doing something similar with my Inspire. Thanks again!

Not sure if you missed my other post. If you have a link or website you could point me to for the arm brackets and the body bracket that you used for the Inspire Battery Mod I would really appreciate it. I'm very interested in doing something similar with my Inspire. Thanks again!

All home made so far, sorry.

I am mostly using simple 3M Dual Lock for my dual battery setups.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450706356.094950.jpg

I flew my test down to 5% on mains but multi star 5200 still had 24% left. When I plug the aux in the craft comes to life without turnining on main battery so I'm thinking it won't shut down when mains hit zero but fly until aux runs out. That being said I don't know any sane pilot that would fly without good fuel gauges or an absolute measuring system to determine fuel burn. I think the multi stars lower c rating has some effect on this. Also 5200 is not equal to 5700 which is what the t48 has. The mah need to match as well as c rating for both to match .

I flew my test down to 5% on mains but multi star 5200 still had 24% left. When I plug the aux in the craft comes to life without turnining on main battery so I'm thinking it won't shut down when mains hit zero but fly until aux runs out. That being said I don't know any sane pilot that would fly without good fuel gauges or an absolute measuring system to determine fuel burn. I think the multi stars lower c rating has some effect on this. Also 5200 is not equal to 5700 which is what the t48 has. The mah need to match as well as c rating for both to match .

TIP: You always need to plug aux batteries into the main battery AFTER main battery startup and unplug then FIRST, before main battery shutdown. The TB4X will think it's being charged, but it'll be off, but power will still get to the aircraft, which will think the battery is bad since it's getting power but the battery isn't responding to the comm interface (since it's off) and the aircraft will generate a battery or power fault error.

The aircraft only pays attention to the main battery status, so once it hits 10%, regardless of how much power is left in the aux batteries, the aircraft is going to land.

I am now of the firm belief at this point is that the DJI and Multistar batteries aren't good aux battery candidates because of their low C ratings, unfortunately. My testing has born that out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour