Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best zoom lens do for the X5?

Hi Dave – Best lens option for zoom would be the Olympus 14-42mm as @AlanP mentioned. If zoom is not a necessity and you're looking for a longer lens then I'd recommend taking a look at the Olympus 45mm. Safe flying!

Hi Dave – Best lens option for zoom would be the Olympus 14-42mm as @AlanP mentioned. If zoom is not a necessity and you're looking for a longer lens then I'd recommend taking a look at the Olympus 45mm. Safe flying!

Thanks guys.
Could someone tell me which lens I currently have?
I'd more photos at needed plz ask.
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• 20170821_110752.jpg
    20170821_110752.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
Thanks guys.
Could someone tell me which lens I currently have?
I'd more photos at needed plz ask.
Cheers
Dave
Both images.
Does the ring of numbers I assume to be Aperture move automatically with the camera settings in the app or do inmanually adjust it on ground.
Hovering next to me and moving aperture I cannot tell I'd it moves or not.
Dave

Attachments

• 20170821_110752.jpg
    20170821_110752.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Both images.
Does the ring of numbers I assume to be Aperture move automatically with the camera settings in the app or do inmanually adjust it on ground.
Hovering next to me and moving aperture I cannot tell I'd it moves or not.
Dave

Attachments

• 20170821_173439.jpg
    20170821_173439.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
That looks to me like the 15mm prime lens that comes with the Inspire 1 pro. I have both the Olympus 14-42 zoom and the Olympus 45mm. Both work well for me. The 45mm is good for photo and hard to keep up with when trying to video. The 14-42 is also hard to keep up with when extended to the 42mm full zoom, photo is ok . That is just my experience with both. The 14-42 zoom needs a balance ring also.

That looks to me like the 15mm prime lens that comes with the Inspire 1 pro. I have both the Olympus 14-42 zoom and the Olympus 45mm. Both work well for me. The 45mm is good for photo and hard to keep up with when trying to video. The 14-42 is also hard to keep up with when extended to the 42mm full zoom, photo is ok . That is just my experience with both. The 14-42 zoom needs a balance ring also.

By hard to keep up with do mean that in a positive or negative way?
I'd like some. Middle ground for both stills and video.
Which would be best or should I stick with the stock 15mm lens?
It keen on having to worry about balancing etc.
Dave

Dave
For me it would be in a negative way I guess. I use the 45mm for photo and the 14-42mm for a little of both. The 15mm prime that comes with it is good for both as well. Those are the only lenses I have used and I am sure others have their opinion from their experiences and what they use each lens for.

Dave

If you're happy with the output from the 15mm by all means stick with that lens. Balancing is very straightforward and not something you should be worried about. You would just need the respective balancing ring or maybe just a filter. For example, here is the balancing ring for the 14-42mm. The decision really depends on your application and imaging needs. The 15mm is definitely a good option for all around use.

This table should be referenced for the different lens options:

DJI-Zenmuse-X5S-Balancing-Chart.jpg

Reactions: AlanP
Thanks chaps.
I have two sets of all the filters 5 in total and I have what could be a balancing ring aswell in there. Just a black ring with nothing in middle of it like a lens would have. Since were on the subject I would be very grateful if someone could explain the differences between the ND AR filters and the normal ND filters. I have the Polar Pro set inc a CPL filter.
Thanks.
Dave

I have a CP.
ND8 PL
ND16 PL
ND32 AR
ND8 AR
ND16 AR
AND this ring in photo below
I know the filters mean I can use higher shutter speeds etc but it sure of best condition for each and the difference between the AR AND PL ones.

Thanks once again

Dave

Attachments

• 20170821_193201.jpg
    20170821_193201.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
I have a CP.
ND8 PL
ND16 PL
ND32 AR
ND8 AR
ND16 AR
AND this ring in photo below
I know the filters mean I can use higher shutter speeds etc but it sure of best condition for each and the difference between the AR AND PL ones.

Thanks once again

Dave
I can't speak on filters, not enough experience with them. Hope someone can help you !

I have both the PP nd filter set and the upscale cinemizer CPL series filters for my modest X3.
The DJI photo academy I attended just yesterday strongly suggests not using cheap glass in front of good glass,(lens). Actually to quote the presenter "if you want blurry photos then use filters". Of course he was specifically referring to photos not vids. Not sure I fully embrace that thinking but I've ordered some PINPOINT focusing test materials and will conduct my own tests. On my 12mm olympus which is sharpest @ f2 in my tests, I never use filters on the ground or in the air and make corrections in post. As usual ymmv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes