Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buying Inspire 2 in Hawaii to bring back to Aus... Any negatives?

rex

Reaction score
Hi,
The difference between the US price and the Australian price for the Inspire 2 is way more than the exchange rate etc. There is no import duty only GST (10%) bringing this back into Aus. The wife wants a holiday so I've suggested Hawaii, buy the Inspire 2 with X5S and bring it back with us. Declare it and I'm still way better off on the price of the drone in Aus.
Does a US bought drone register in Aus? Anything I'm missing, I understand the warranty may be an issue.
Very frustrated on the price difference between the US and Aus price.
Cheers,
Rex

Hi Rex - We have many folks from all around the world that pick up drones from us when they're here in LA. Many from AU in particular. For warranty you are required to service in the US and the warranty would not work through any DJI facilities outside the US so that is definitely something you will want to keep in mind. Enjoy your time in Hawaii! :cool:

Hi,
The difference between the US price and the Australian price for the Inspire 2 is way more than the exchange rate etc. There is no import duty only GST (10%) bringing this back into Aus. The wife wants a holiday so I've suggested Hawaii, buy the Inspire 2 with X5S and bring it back with us. Declare it and I'm still way better off on the price of the drone in Aus.
Does a US bought drone register in Aus? Anything I'm missing, I understand the warranty may be an issue.
Cheers,
Rex
I got mine from Drone Services Hawaii but I also live here.

Hi,
Cheers,
Rex

How much more is it in Australia? How much is the bundle package?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Thanks for the replies.
For comparison, from DJI website the premium combo is:
$6198 US or
$10698 Aus
It seems everyone sells at or around the DJI price.

Exchange rate is 1 Aus$=$0.76 US
Take rate of 0.74 gives $8315 Aussie, declare and pay 10% GST gives $9213, still saving $1485.

The warranty is the issue though if I have to ship back to the US to fix... I might wait a few months and see how the aussie dollar goes compared to the US dollar with the change in leadership over there.

Thanks for the replies.
For comparison, from DJI website the premium combo is:
$6198 US or
$10698 Aus
It seems everyone sells at or around the DJI price.

Exchange rate is 1 Aus$=$0.76 US
Take rate of 0.74 gives $8315 Aussie, declare and pay 10% GST gives $9213, still saving $1485.

The warranty is the issue though if I have to ship back to the US to fix... I might wait a few months and see how the aussie dollar goes compared to the US dollar with the change in leadership over there.
We've had a change in leadership? I hadn't noticed. Sorry to bring politics in here but I couldn't pass it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxHides19