Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cases and Transportation

Has anyone checked their inspire case inside of another case when traveling? I don't see why the attached picture wouldn't work (other than having to pay the fee for oversized luggage).

Attachments

• IMG_5866.JPG
    IMG_5866.JPG
    969.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Nate H
@Nate H it's the Pelican 1640
Exterior Dimensions 27.2 x 27.5 x 16.30" (69.1 x 69.8 x 41.4cm) (LxWxD)
Interior Dimensions 23.7 x 24 x 13.9" (60.2 x 60.9 x 35.3cm) (LxWxD)
Lid depth: 2.0" (5.08cm)
Bottom depth: 11.9" (30.2cm)

Reactions: Nate H
So Delta's oversize baggage fee is $200 each way if the total dimensions are over 63 inches. My pelican case total dims are 71 inches. Not sure if I should risk checking it and just hope they don't break out the tape measure (it's 48lbs packed with the inspire so I'm under on weight) or if I should just FedEx it across country. I'm not excited to ship it 4 days ground either with this summer heat.

Any suggestions?

Just traveled with a pelican like case which is a pretty big size case and checked it. I didn't have to pay oversize fees.

Just traveled with a pelican like case which is a pretty big size case and checked it. I didn't have to pay oversize fees.
@sanderx Thanks. What were the dimensions of your case and what airlines? I'm pretty sure I'm going to ship it that way I can insure it and track it. Rather than risk having to pay $400 round trip on delta.

I travel all the time with big cases. The pelican 1650 and the DJI Ronin case. Never have issues if they're under 50lbs. Southwest is the best (free bags!)but if you're a profession film company, most airlines have discounted rates for heavy-*** baggage. Make sure you make yourself a "company ID" as is stated in their online baggage FAQs. If you're a professional traveling with gear, you're eligible for the media rate, home-made ID badge or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone checked their inspire case inside of another case when traveling? I don't see why the attached picture wouldn't work (other than having to pay the fee for oversized luggage).

I think you should put progressively smaller cases inside each other (like the Russian Dolls), then when you get to where you are going to fly you turn up with your Peli case and people go "Ohhhhh", then keep opening cases until you get to one of these, then they will go "Awwww" :p

revell-mini-drone-02.jpg

I travel all the time with big cases. The pelican 1650 and the DJI Ronin case. Never have issues if they're under 50lbs. Southwest is the best (free bags!)but if you're a profession film company, most airlines have discounted rates for heavy-*** baggage. Make sure you make yourself a "company ID" as is stated in their online baggage FAQs. If you're a professional traveling with gear, you're eligible for the media rate, home-made ID badge or otherwise.

Good idea with the company tags. Thanks a lot! I'm coming in at 48 lbs so I should be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc