Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Check out the New Ipad Pro 10.5

I used an Atomos Shogun the other day and I believe it was 1500 nits. Outside with sunglasses it worked well but I did have to shade it a time or two. I look forward to my 2000 nit Crystal Sky coming in soon.

May upgrade to ultra high you may have a good point

Just upgraded to the 2000 nit model. My eyes aren't getting any younger, and I had forgotten that the Atomos was 1500 and could cause an issue or two. As my dad said "it only costs a little bit more to go first class"

Reactions: mpaerial and SanCap
Thx Rich, yes the Mini 4 is a great device and have been using it but getting older and my eyes are not what they used to, also I am a pixel-peeper and quite **** when it comes to my photos so having the extra space along with the new screen helps. Unfortunately Apple might dump the Mini, some say it will be discontinued, hope that that is not the case and an update will come along.

Hi Cougar

I hope they do not discontinue the mini series! I like the idea of the Crystal Sky, but DJI has it locked down and you can not add any third party Apps.... like Autopilot etc. Also, might not be able to install the hack on it either :)

All the best Sir
Rich

Reactions: mpaerial
Hi Cougar

I hope they do not discontinue the mini series! I like the idea of the Crystal Sky, but DJI has it locked down and you can not add any third party Apps.... like Autopilot etc. Also, might not be able to install the hack on it either :)

All the best Sir
Rich

Hi Rich, Crystal Sky has no doubt an impressive brightness at per specs and will be well suited for heavy Pro's use, but not for me, I stick with my Mini4 and 10.5" Pro. Not only is the Crystal Sky locked down to DJI so can't use it for other apps, but screen is smaller then my 10.5 Pro, much heavier and bulkier, and next year or so we will see another version, and then DJI forgets about this one, leaving us with a doorstop.

Hi Rich, Crystal Sky has no doubt an impressive brightness at per specs and will be well suited for heavy Pro's use, but not for me, I stick with my Mini4 and 10.5" Pro. Not only is the Crystal Sky locked down to DJI so can't use it for other apps, but screen is smaller then my 10.5 Pro, much heavier and bulkier, and next year or so we will see another version, and then DJI forgets about this one, leaving us with a doorstop.

Cougar,
You brought a smile to my face! We think very much alike . I wish the mini was brighter, but I will make due with what I have for now. looking at getting the X4S for my I2. this should be good enough for me right now. I know it is similar to my P4P but cant get myself to spring for the X5S just yet
Rich

Reactions: kfeem05

Hey Cougar

Do you know if the Hoodman iPad air 2 will work with the iPad Pro 10.5? I should have my new device on Monday and I know the Hoodman for the mini 4 will not work...

Thanks
camera due tomorrow.
Rich

I used the Polar Pro extension to fit IPad Pro 10.5 with no problem. I've been flying everyday and can't remember a flight where I've had to stand in direct sunlight. I can usually find a little shade somewhere, often sitting on the tailgate of my SUV. I'm addicted to AutoFlight so using the Crystal Sky isn't an option for me.

Hey Cougar

Do you know if the Hoodman iPad air 2 will work with the iPad Pro 10.5? I should have my new device on Monday and I know the Hoodman for the mini 4 will not work...

Thanks
camera due tomorrow.
Rich
Rich, Sorry no idea if the Hoodman will work, I am using my custom hood that I made for the iPad Pro 9.7 and it fits the new 10.5". (had some extra space).
Sorry.

Rich, Sorry no idea if the Hoodman will work, I am using my custom hood that I made for the iPad Pro 9.7 and it fits the new 10.5". (had some extra space).
Sorry.
Okay, thanks.... I heard on the DJI forum that they make one for the iPad Pro, but you need to call them and ask for it right now. It is $90 and I have not pursued it yet.

I like the pro but I have to get used to the new larger size.. I really liked the mini 4 for my purposes it worked for me.

Anyway, I am sure this new one is the best performing iPad I have ever used :)

Rich

.... I heard on the DJI forum that they make one for the iPad Pro, but you need to call them and ask for it right now. It is $90 and I have not pursued it yet....

RichJ53 - you comment on the availability of a DJI updated bracket that support the iPad Pro is interesting... any chance you can point me to more information so I may attest to secure this bracket?

I have already emailed DJI asking for it, but was hoping to see if there was something else posted based on what you saw that would make this process easier....
Thank you in advance.

Are they totally ignorant ????? The 10.5 is the new and ongoing pro and it wont fit. So dji are suggesting the life spam of the i2 is only for the ipad pro 9.7.

Honestly, I think they will - but I think getting the people answering the phone are useless... they make stuff up it seems... engagement with DJI is very difficult.
I suspect we will see updated universal mount shortly, but it will be on the new controllers and no one from DJI will even say there is a new one - and we will have to order the updated ones from service and not sales or something like that...

Being honest about this - there is no way it would make sense not to... I think I got a 'half answer' and not a real answer... I'll wait it out... I ordered a Polar pro extension today (could not find one locally or from Florida Drone Supply!) - the knocks off from EBAY are from china, which I don't care about, but we have to wait 3 months for junk from china as Canada post is applying heavy investigations for all shipments from China/Hong Kong into Canada... I could not wait that long....

Either way, I think doing the mod i a good idea too because even if evenly breaks, I am SURE we see an updated version of the universal mount despite what the DJI gal told me today.

I have to say, dealign with DJI is very frustrating.... a really product with such low client service, despite a fairly high ticket cost.... I had a Yuneec TH before this, and customer service was fantastic, they were even open on Saturday for tech support (great for me because I typically only fly weekend!) - wish DJI would buy out Yuneec and blend some of the culture with them....

Finally made (3D printed and chemically treated) my iPad Pro 10.5" mount, accepts the iPad in a case , or not and holds very securely :)

Jborden, would you be willing to share the STL file for your extension so that I can print one. Thanks

Tony V

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour