Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI announcement Oct 11 - new camera system?

I could tell you but I would then have to kill a lot of people. :p

I will give you a clue.
It will be announced on October 11th with a launch date.
They won't hit their launch date (by a mile) due to not being shipped on time.
The first version of firmware will be riddled with bugs.
The second version of firmware will introduce 'new' features fix some of the original bugs and introduce new ones.

The new product will take priority and we will see less interest in supporting their existing product line with slower firmware releases correcting already existing issues.
Have we been here before? (Que, Twilight Zone music).

Cinecore 2 adaptor for Ronin 2 :D

Shipping Dec 23rd with first firmware update in March 2018. That'll give them time to perfect the first set of replacement bugs and feature downgrades :D Given the time delay between announcement and shipping date, they'll also be able to maximise the orderbook backlog vs delivery schedule to optimise dealer/channel frustration ;) :D :D :D - it's all to do with how they can squeeze it all into their MRP/MPS systems - it's quite difficult to keep the card index updated you know ;)

I'll vote for a 16MP "Spark on a Stick" (er, Handle). :D

Lens at the ends looks like the one off an Inspire X5S though. Maybe time for an Inspire 2 Version 2 to replace the buggy Inspire 2 model with the rattley props along with a new X6S camera with the Cinema processor in the camera body so the Osmo can be made cheaper along with DJI using their own Cinecore RAW chip making it license free. It might even point straight ahead too and not wander about. Hopefully, the motors will stay glued on too - knock on carbon fiber. ;)

Reactions: Advexure and zothar
There's just been a leaked photo on Facebook of a new camera attached to the I2. Along with the patent for the x7 I think that's what we are getting. However, I hope the leaked image is fake as the camera is **** ugly. Like a huge x3

There's just been a leaked photo on Facebook of a new camera attached to the I2. Along with the patent for the x7 I think that's what we are getting. However, I hope the leaked image is fake as the camera is **** ugly. Like a huge x3
Maybe a zoom camera like the z3 except with a 4/3 sensor.

Reactions: Blacksails
Interesting about a possible new camera for the I2. Wonder if that coincides with that recent questionnaire where DJI was asking about some high-priced camera, maybe a full frame? I think they polled "Would you pay ~$4,500 for a camera" on that questionnaire. Might be some packaged deal where a heavy-duty gimbal camera comes with an Osmo handle setup and some FF lens. Given their issues with poor quality, growing NFZ's, and firmware and hardware fubars, I wouldn't touch it at that price. They need to fix what they've got out now, and quit dumping high-priced junk in lieu of a quality product that lasts, or even works out of the gate. Okay, put their money where their marketing mouth is and offer a better warranty for a year or two on everything, batteries too instead of 6 months. :mad:

From the dji teaser video kicking around on facebook today (probably leaked?), it's a probably a new camera - X7. Shows both ground and aerial shots, and towards the end of the video shows the camera itself mounted on an I2. Looks to have a different lens on the body to those currently used.

Also seems that the X7 name has been registered with the FCC recently.

Yep, definitely the X7. Somebody at DJI "accidentally" posted the video on their official vimeo today and then took it down a few minutes later.
The X7 doesn't look like the horrible leaked image I mentioned a few posts up. Full frame. Lens looks weird though, need more info

I won't be buying this. Way too much camera for me at the moment. The X5R does everything I need it to. Even if I was planning to purchase, I'd give it at least 3-4 months before considering clicking buy as there will be issues. It's DJI's track record.

Reactions: gruvpix
I like to play this game. Since they have acquired Hasselblad and made it clear that the I2 is DJI's Prosumer "cinema" line drone. And since DJI has a longstanding habit of updating whatever I've bought a month later; The new Inspire 2 Pro with medium format Hasselblad camera and super fast hard drive (they partnered with Seagate right?). The camera will have a hand gimbal system like a miniature ronin and Crystal Sky monitor. They had several indoor aerial shots in the trailer so, plenty of obstacle avoidance included.

This might be the video link: The lens looks to be some special - lightweight maybe? - zoom setup, but it looks like the X5S lens release on it as well as the locking ring. Could still be using the I2 internal Cinecore chip which might exclude it from being attached to a cheaper Osmo handle though.

Given the camera body height is almost that of the X5S though so I don't know about it being a full frame, but maybe an APS-C size (Nikon DX, Sony, Pentax, Canon.) which might be 8K capable too.

Screen capture:

Camera.jpg

Reactions: zothar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour