Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Goggle just released new firmware to support Inspire2 headtracking

Gotta say that head tracking capability on the Inspire is such a great addition for them. We were just out flying in the last bit of light and they were super smooth. Our only wish would be that the Inspire 2 had OcuSync so the Goggles user does not get wrapped up in the Micro USB Cable. Really best to use Goggles on a Slave RC unless you want to solely go with Goggles and no CrystalSky or iPad on your master.

Thanks @JoePGM for making us aware of this update, we had not yet seen.

Gotta say that head tracking capability on the Inspire is such a great addition for them. We were just out flying in the last bit of light and they were super smooth. Our only wish would be that the Inspire 2 had OcuSync so the Goggles user does not get wrapped up in the Micro USB Cable. Really best to use Goggles on a Slave RC unless you want to solely go with Goggles and no CrystalSky or iPad on your master.

Does the Goggles fully functional on Inspire2? I'm interested to get one if it works great

Great review. Quick question. Are you saying that if you have the goggles the output to the iPad or Crystal Sky is cut off with only the goggles being active? I haven't had time to try my goggles on the I2 yet but they work as advertised on the Mavic.

Reactions: Advexure
Great review. Quick question. Are you saying that if you have the goggles the output to the iPad or Crystal Sky is cut off with only the goggles being active? I haven't had time to try my goggles on the I2 yet but they work as advertised on the Mavic.

I believe cannot say "cut off", but "impossible to connect" because the DJI Goggles has to connect with I2 RC with USB cable....

Yes but the controller has an HDMI port that I thought was used for external devices such as the goggles. The goggles have an external HDMI port as well. I guess I will see when I get home later today.

Yes but the controller has an HDMI port that I thought was used for external devices such as the goggles. The goggles have an external HDMI port as well. I guess I will see when I get home later today.

as what I know the Goggles has to connect to USB port in order to make use of head tracking function.... connecting to HDMI will become a pure video assist only

as what I know the Goggles has to connect to USB port in order to make use of head tracking function.... connecting to HDMI will become a pure video assist only

Thanks Joe. I hope not but I will see. I really would not like to fly with only the goggles. I have an iPad Mini that I use for flight. If I am forced to use only the goggles for the I2, then they will either go back or I will just use them with the Mavic.

Joe, just found this in the PhantomPilots group: "If the Inspire 2 works like the P4P (as is indicated in the manual) then you connect via USB and you will have full motion tracking. But the USB connection takes the place of a tablet so when used in this mode you must choose, either goggles or tablet. If you want to retain concurrent use of the tablet then you must connect the goggles via HDMI, and in that case there is no motion tracking." Soooooo it would appear I can have half functionality. Maintain my iPad Mini 4 and no motion tracking or take the plunge and go with flying without a tablet. I guess this would be okay but I like to watch my landings. I think I will head out to the sea and try it. This way if something goes wrong, it will be lost at sea and I can just buy another I2.

If you're using Goggles as a single operator you will plug the Goggles into your RC via Micro USB (USB-A into RC) occupying your USB port, in turn disallowing the ability to use a CrystalSky or iPad in conjunction with your Goggles if you want to have Head Tracking capability. As in the past, you could solely use the Goggle's HDMI Cable and go HDMI in on the RC but you do not have Head Tracking when using solely HDMI. We tried using an OTG Cable and going Micro USB to Micro USB (port on RC) but unfortunately that does not work. Shucks.

As a single operator it is nice (although definitely not necessary) to have a CrystalSky or iPad on your RC so that you have a "regular" GO4 you can reference when taking off and landing (as we don't recommend taking off and landing with Goggles on), or any time in flight to receive a visual. Fly with a spotter when using Goggles and maintain situational awareness, remember that FAA regulation also states that it is the PIC's responsibility to maintain visual line of sight at all times during flight.

It's nice to see DJI bring out this Goggles FW update and expand on the capabilities of the Goggles. We're sure it's going to have many more Inspire 2 owners adding a pair of Goggles to their repertoire. We're curious to see if any professional film clients could adapt their cam op to full operation using head tracking with the Goggles. Based on how smooth and responsive we found things today we definitely see potential. We'll get some Goggles wearing head tracking cam ops going this weekend! :cool:

If any IP members are looking to get their hands on some DJI Goggles (link to order) we just had more arrive in and they're currently in stock and ready to ship, same for the CrystalSky 5.5" Model. Mention in your order notes that you saw this post on IP and we'll get them shipped expedited to you same day if ordered by 4PM PT + an extra accessory from your Advexure friends!

Those that already have Goggles, enjoy the added functionality. Happy Friday, safe flying and have a good weekend, all. ;)

Reactions: deltalimatango
do the DJI Goggle got any "screen record" function ?

No they do not. They can wirelessly play recorded footage that is contained on the SD installed on the aircraft, or if you insert the SD into the Goggles you can play local footage contained on the SD (recorded by your drone). You cannot however put any media on an SD card and insert the card into the Goggles and achieve playback. The local storage playback on the inserted SD only works for DJI drone footage. Lastly you can use regular HDMI (cable included with Goggles) to connect the Goggles to any HDMI outputting device to watch anything your heart desires.

No they do not. They can wirelessly play recorded footage that is contained on the SD installed on the aircraft, or if you insert the SD into the Goggles you can play local footage contained on the SD (recorded by your drone). You cannot however put any media on an SD card and insert the card into the Goggles and achieve playback. The local storage playback on the inserted SD only works for DJI drone footage. Lastly you can use regular HDMI (cable included with Goggles) to connect the Goggles to any HDMI outputting device to watch anything your heart desires.

I see, it's a shame that the Goggle didn't have record function because I always record my flight session from my nvidia shield tablet as a safety backup record.

Head Tracking with the I2 works with the USB cable but is kind of robotic not very good for filming I try smoothing menu but too robotic also the gimbal makes wired noises

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terpnash