Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI XT Powered by Flir on an Inspire 2

Reaction score
I am researching the purchase of a infrared XT camera by Flir. I see quite a few comments about the camera on either an Inspire 1 or Matrice models from DJI.

I have yet to see any postings about the use of this camera on an Inspire 2. I would like to know if the camera is compatible to this model because of the longer battery life compared to the Inspire 1.

I would be most interested in getting details about whether the camera is capable of being mounted on the Inspire 2.

Thanks in advance.

So far I haven't heard of anyone being able to use it on the I2. The gimbal mount is different and I don't think the I2's firmware has the code to drive the XT. If you're looking to use the XT on a newer aircraft, the the Matrice M200 series is the one you need to be looking at as it will mount the x4/5s, the XT and the Z30. The XT appears to mount via a gimbal adaptor. The M200 is just newely announced, I don't think anyone's got their hands on one yet tho' :( .

Since the X5s works on both the I2 and the M200 series, it seems logical that getting a FLIR onto an I2 shouldn't be impossible. With the significant price difference between the two drones, it would definitely be worth it. Being able to transfer the FLIR to an M-200 series drone later would justify the initial expense too.

Reactions: dec
While I'd love it to be transferable, I don't think it will happen - DJI are targeting the I2 at video and photo makers, and the M200 at industrial users. It's likely that the Cinecore is setup differently on each, quite deliberately, to differentiate the platforms and uses.

Theoretically, yes it could be used on the I2, but practically I doubt that DJI will take the time & effort to add the code to the I2's firmware.

I am researching the purchase of a infrared XT camera by Flir. I see quite a few comments about the camera on either an Inspire 1 or Matrice models from DJI.

I have yet to see any postings about the use of this camera on an Inspire 2. I would like to know if the camera is compatible to this model because of the longer battery life compared to the Inspire 1.

I would be most interested in getting details about whether the camera is capable of being mounted on the Inspire 2.

Thanks in advance.
One would think it should. but DJI thinking doesn't work that way. It's all about getting us to buy more stuff.

One would think it should. but DJI thinking doesn't work that way. It's all about getting us to buy more stuff.
Stay tuned !! Check the 1:16 part of this video . . . the naysayers are saying it will never happen, others are sitting back to see how this plays out. There is one or two folks that monitor this board that are doing some testing, so hopefully the 'rest of us' will be in the know soon !
(1:16 mark you will see an adapter)

The problem with the older cameras compatible with the Inspire 1 is all the processing is done in the camera but the new Inspire 2 everything is done in the body of the drone. I don't think they will be backwards compatible due to incompatible hardware. Which is why I think the Inspire 1 will be popular for some time to come. The Inspire 2 is strictly for filming, and thus they released the Matrice 200 series. But... I did my own rig and testing with a Tarot and Flir camera on my Inspire 2. Check this out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc