Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware issues

Reaction score
Inspire 1 pro. X5
I had image transmission issues and worked through the suggestions on inspire pilots. I am sure it is the firmware and liked the post from jussaguy who talked about emptying the cache. So I downgraded the RC to 1.58 but couldn't do the same with the aircraft which i could only update to version 10. I also updated my 5 batteries.
I then updated the rc back to version 1.6.
Each time it appeared that I had done the right thing and the reports showed success and the RC showed solid green, but the aircraft was always saying it was disconnected. I didn't worry too much as I knew I could link it with the red button.
OK so now I have updated the firmware on both and tried to link the aircraft to the RC but no joy.
Questions I have and I must say the user manual is as clear as mud,
When updating the RC (and the manual doesn't tell you this) where do you connect and how do you connect the mini USB lead to the aircraft?
I have used the mini USB port on the RC and connected to the port on the rear of the aircraft and not the port on the camera. Is this the right way?
Secondly, is. There a technique for pressing the red button? Am i supposed to hold it down for a period of time?
Am I supposed to do a waggle dance that is known only to some remote tribe in Outer Mongolia?
Speedy help would be appreciated as I hope to use the beast tomorrow!

Ok sorted! But I needed the full info on how to link the rc to the aircraft. So why don't they put all that info in the bloody manual!

Ok sorted! But I needed the full info on how to link the rc to the aircraft. So why don't they put all that info in the bloody manual!

I doubt that anybody at DJI knows the correct procedure . Their tech support people know less about their products than their customers do .

How did you "sort it" for future reference?

Hi there please tell me your remedy, where did you find full info I'm having the same problem........ it's driving me mad.

Any help appreciated

Cheers Neil

To phantom Paul and dragoneye, I am still having the same problems! I think everyone agrees it is a firmware issue that happened with the upgrade last year. I followed all the advice but got stuck when I couldn't get the older firmware (version 1.08.01. It's available on panorobot if you follow the link on the 'image transmission issues' thread from last year. However the latest version of the firmware doesn't allow downgrading which is a totally incomprehensible nonsense......... expletive deleted...... I tried going back from 10.01.40 to 1.09.30 which seemed to work but the aircraft didn't want to know 1.08.01.
When I said about being sorted I meant that eventually I managed to pair the aircraft with the rc having been given only half the info. It's like Bluetooth, you have to press the little red button on the right hand side of the aircraft just inside the white casing as well as setting up the rc to pair to the aircraft via the go app settings.
Anyway I still haven't flown but playing with the aircraft on the kitchen table I am still getting the image transmission problems, and I am thinking it is because I can't get back to the old firmware version which dji in their wisdom now won't allow.
Would it make sense to junk everything, press C and reinstall everything from the beginning? Is this possible editor?

I love my little phantom 4. No trouble at all, sits still as a rock and takes some throwing around. However I am losing patience with this inspire. It's a pig to keep still, and I have had no end of problems and considering it has flown less than 30 hrs in its first year it is a pile of xxxx.
Motor overloading problem
Image transmission problem
And now gimbal motor overload.
Thanks to the guys here I have tried no end of remedies, which include, cleaning the contacts in the gimbal
Downgrading and re installing the firmware
Which has taken ages.
Re formatting the sd card (though I am sure that shouldn't affect anything)
None of which has worked.
My last effort tonight has been to set my iPad to a different region (U.S.), so I can access the custom settings for the image transmission and selecting a different channel and upping the Mbps rate to 8. This has in fact had pretty much the desired effect all thanks to a video on YouTube by ikopters. Though I am not looking forward to trying it out tomorrow...

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkyssmartwi-fi