Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

Nothing has changed on the recorded footage.
The live downlink is supposed to have been improved, but that would also have been affected by your tablet change.

After two tries I was able to get the RC back to V01.02.00.16, but it won't communicate with the AC as described before. I am now trying a brand new USB drive, with a fresh downloaded firmware. The beeping is insane!!!!
How were you able to get .16 reloaded? Having problems as well and want to try reloading previous firmware.
Thanks,
Chip

Pretty sure he didn't, as far as we know it's not possible. The devices will only update themselves if the version is newer than what they have.

InspiredOne, how are you updating the firmware? Are you doing it through the Pilot app, or are you downloading the firmware on your computer and saving it directly to the microSD card, and inserting it into the drone?

I'm not sure which way is better, but on the last update, I downloaded the firmware on my PC, copied it to the microSD card, and updated both the drone and the transmitter by putting the card into each one directly, and didn't have a problem.

I also read somewhere that another person had success updating the recent firmware this way.

This is exactly how I have done my firmware upgrade and didn't have an issue with it. Does seem to me that there are a few more compass errors now since updating but probably haven't got the flying hours to truly compare.

I just updated and flew for the first time in 2 weeks. I had no issue at all with the updating process, following the instructions provided. I flew in an open field and the Inspire did fine...I didn't push anything, I just wanted to confirm that everything was good. I let the battery get down to about 20%, keeping the unit close to me at about 10 feet...when I started to land, it seemed to take off from me, moving forward. I increased altitude a bit and then got control back. I'm not sure what really was going on, it was a little weird, though. I'm recharging my 1 battery and will take it out again and see how things go.

I just updated and flew for the first time in 2 weeks. I had no issue at all with the updating process, following the instructions provided. I flew in an open field and the Inspire did fine...I didn't push anything, I just wanted to confirm that everything was good. I let the battery get down to about 20%, keeping the unit close to me at about 10 feet...when I started to land, it seemed to take off from me, moving forward. I increased altitude a bit and then got control back. I'm not sure what really was going on, it was a little weird, though. I'm recharging my 1 battery and will take it out again and see how things go.

Purely a guess on my part, but someone mentioned elsewhere that happened to them and it was loss of GPS. I found out a few weeks ago that satellite strength (availability) varies throughout the day depending on time of day, earth's rotation, location and number of satellites in the sky. The morning signals, for example, could be really strong and in the afternoon they could be really weak.

I took it out again and had no issues at all. Flew with GPS control and everything was fine.

However, I am seeing a couple other issues. On my general camera settings, I had to switch to NTSC ( I live in USA ) and somehow this preference is not saved...every time I check this, the software has reverted to PAL.

Also, I am seeing nothing in my Album when I wanted to look at the video and photos I have shot. I have reformatted the card and shot new footage...nothing shows up in my album. I did update the cloud icon and still nothing shows up in my album. On the flight log data, everything is there...and it indicates I have shot video clips. The flight map works fine, retracing what I flew. I checked the card on my computer and the movies and pictures are there and they play fine.

Not sure what is going on?

[QUOTE="Figbar, post: 17222, member: 17737On my general camera settings, I had to switch to NTSC ( I live in USA ) and somehow this preference is not saved...every time I check this, the software has reverted to PAL.[/QUOTE]

I've been having that same problem! I though it was me, losing what little mind I have left. :confused:

My updates went smoothly, reading the directions provided, I checked the text document that was generated and for both the Inspire and the Remote Control, there was a text file that read "success."

I flew and the craft responded well.

However, on my general camera settings, I cannot chose NTSC...everytime I select this option and get out of the menu and return, it defaults to PAL...which I have no use for.

I just shot a couple test files. I have selected 4k at 30fps, mov. format. Looking at the movie inspector on my computer, the movie is playing at 29.97fps, which is fine, despite the fact that the settings revert back to PAL and won't save NTSC after selecting this.

On the Inspire APP, When I hit playback, and then select the movies, I get the following reading...3840x2160 P30. I'm not sure what the P30 stands for?

At any rate, I think all of this is not an issue in the HD world...I guess it would be a problem at Standard Def, which I am (thankfully) not using.

It does seem weird that the menu always defaults back to PAL, however, but I don't think this is an issue for us. Hopefully, this will be addressed in the next firmware update.

If I have time, I will get in touch with DJI directly and ask them what they think.

The PAL/NTSC and other settings not sticking is a bug of the iOS app, unrelated to the firmware upgrade.

The album is not the contents of the card, it's media you have downloaded to your tablet from the camera's play menu.

Thanks...I figured out the album thing...my bad.

The PAL/NTSC sticking issue is not a big deal.

Hopefully, the new firmware update that deals with GPS loss and runaway Inspires will be coming soon...that concerns me more than anything.

Reactions: Diirk
how do i use the album gbing on android? couldn't really figured out... what i found out was that when i make pics it will go to the pics places i the log section... but no album here...

another tbing i noticee is that setting for the sbutter and expo and the wb will always go to auto... also the camera mode will always go back to follow mode... is that normal? it annoyes me to always having to set it up again. fortunatly other setting stay the way i leave them.

Been flying on latest firmware and differing to other posters I seem to have no issues.Flies straight and true with no drop out or other issues.

If anything my video footage has considerably improved-in fact pin sharp.

Since new firmware I have changed out Samsung S4 for Nvidia Shield. Surely using new shield is not the cause of improvement in video performance.

The only thing that makes sense is that the firmware has eliminated shakes/jello/vibration etc?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP