Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.03 2015-05-06

This is the internal log memory.. There is now an option to clear this area before flight. I wouldn't do this each flight though. You want a few logs sitting there so if something does go wrong, they have something as a reference.
Where would I find this? Sorry, not at home..

IMO the MC log "black box" storage should be self-managed by the aircraft. Log rotation software is open source, commonly used in production systems and available if DJI wanted to implement it.

Scaring the poop out of pilots with ambiguous, scary looking red alerts mid-flight is less than an optimal user experience.

Updated just now no problem on updating apart from when I went to recharge my batts afterwards back up to full 100% for test flight tomorrow only 1x Batt(TB 47) would light up indicating it was charging.
I swapped other charger onto non charging batts(TB 48s) to rule out faulty charger and all my TB 48s would not light up indicating charging in progress.
My TB48s show 98% charge back in A/C on App.Levels are equal and good.
My only TB 47 would light up indicating charging.
Finally hooked up "non charging lead" to R/C and R/C is lighting up indicating charging.So power is getting through!!At least through R/C charging port.
Faulty info on App reading 98% or faulty Charger? Is batts really at 100%?
Thoughts

I got this on my last flight too for the first time. Are we supposed to clear the logs regularly? I've never heard anything about this. Made me nervous getting the red error because I thought it said RC error instead of MC error at first and I was 100 metres up over a river.... Luckily I was calm and just stopped touching the controller and made sure it was staying still, then realized I still had control.

No.. once rebooted, this message will clear and so will the flight log area. They just added this option to so users could clear this area as well.

Updated just now no problem on updating apart from when I went to recharge my batts afterwards back up to full 100% for test flight tomorrow only 1x Batt(TB 47) would light up indicating it was charging.
I swapped other charger onto non charging batts(TB 48s) to rule out faulty charger and all my TB 48s would not light up indicating charging in progress.
My TB48s show 98% charge back in A/C on App.Levels are equal and good.
My only TB 47 would light up indicating charging.
Finally hooked up "non charging lead" to R/C and R/C is lighting up indicating charging.So power is getting through!!At least through R/C charging port.
Faulty info on App reading 98% or faulty Charger? Is batts really at 100%?
Thoughts

As per manual, anything more than 95%, you have to power on the battery first, then connect to the charger.

And, not to be a pain, but "turn on arms LED light"? Does this turn the red and green lights on and off or is there another light I don't know about...

Did the update no problems with that went fast one positive finally got the battery discharge error message gone. One bad thing don't know if it was a glitch or not but had 3 flights after update 2 logged one didn't in the app will see if this keeps happening. Side note anyone know why the 3 log pages would all have different info on them ie. Total flights and flight time thanks

Ok - On a serious note guys and slightly off topic for which I apologise.....

What I find disturbing is that DJI have put a fix in that addresses the issue of some remote turning themselves off mid flight. Something that has been flagged up/highlighted on this forum and on DJI's own forum.

The ramifications of a remote just switching off mid flight could be catastrophic (irrespective of what RTH is meant to do) yet at no time would DJI admit to there being a problem or warn their customer base such a problem existed and give their end users the opportunity to ground their aircraft until a fix was found.

This says volumes about how the inner sanctums of DJI think and operate. In order for them to issue a fix for this, they would need to identify it, re-write the section of code/hook that is causing the problem and then test the code to ensure the problem is actually fixed. At NO TIME during manifestation, discovery or work in progress or implementation did DJI communicate with it's customers and warn them of a potential dangerous situation.
And yet they HAD to know about it.

We have stepped back to the Ford Pinto days !!

DJI has grown from a garage operation to an 8 Billion Dollar Company in a very short time..... Their growth pains are obvious. They really need to hire a good PR firm that can help them in that end of their business. Great engineering and manufacturing, but very poor communication. They need to understand how much good will comes from solid communication. Although the largest Public Corporation in the World (Apple) more or less operates in a similar manner with regards to problematic issues.

DJI has grown from a garage operation to an 8 Billion Dollar Company in a very short time..... Their growth pains are obvious. They really need to hire a good PR firm that can help them in that end of their business. Great engineering and manufacturing, but very poor communication. They need to understand how much good will comes from solid communication. Although the largest Public Corporation in the World (Apple) more or less operates in a similar manner with regards to problematic issues.

Hmm, I tend to disagree.
I think the last department they should worry about is their PR, their current 8 billion value was made possible due to a very good PR strategy.
And here is the problem.
The PR was too good, funny the way it is.
Their growth was faster than expected and it seems they do not have enough human recources to deal with it.
Their technical support team needs immediate intervention, not their PR.
Sales are brilliant, commercials are great, the marketing campaigns better from one product to another.
The major problem is postsales service.
Preorders delivered in time, fast technical support, more tests before releasing new software / hardware upgrades.
You can't solve this kind of problems with Michael Perry or Philipp Bloom.
Right now DJI doesn't suffer from lack of creativity.
It's clear they have great products in development, their current offers are far above competition, so from this point of view I think they will double their market value soon.
They just need to act fast as a billion dollar company, with a service department to match their market value.
Right now I totally understand the "lack of communication" of DJI, regards serious complaints adressed by its customers.
What to tell ? We're working on it, but still you have to wait 6 or 7 weeks to have your product repaired ?

What I am trying to say, is that in this very moment DJI needs less words and more action.
More service centers, better technical support.
This is what the major DJI community is complaining right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam