Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.03 2015-05-06

so, I did my update on everything... BUT
I can´t find the director or the other things announced... I recall but might be wrong (getting old... LOL) that poi is also in the latest android update... can someone tell me or give me a link where the two platforms (iOS and android pilot app) are compared to what they can and can not do... I know that only the iOS version has the simulator which is a pain but what about the other things?
any info would be greatly appreciated

thank you

edit: I also do not have a satellite count like others have (I had read one post where it was stated that the person finally has sat count)... I have the latest android app version...

Last edited:
Well spotted.

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.2.1.03
2. DJI Pilot app iOS version updated to: v1.1.1
3. DJI Pilot app Android version updated to: v1.1.0

Major Updates:
1. Reduced moire pattern in camera images.
2. Added support for YouTube live streaming.
3. Added support for the DJI Pilot app’s Director function.
4. Reduced power consumption of the Intelligent Flight Battery when it is powered off to protect the
battery.
5. Solved issue of the remote controller occasionally powering off automatically when using firmware
v1.2.1.0
I just upped the firmware and now the camera is stuck on FPV. Any idea what I did wrong

After charging all my batteries i did the update. all seemed to go ok and the app confirmed this.
i then flew two batteries to check. now those two batteries are completely dead and the two still left charged will not see the charger. i now have four unless batteries and a job tomorrow and saturday.

Ha
After charging all my batteries i did the update. all seemed to go ok and the app confirmed this.
i then flew two batteries to check. now those two batteries are completely dead and the two still left charged will not see the charger. i now have four unless batteries and a job tomorrow and saturday.

Have you tied to turn on the batteries before hooking them up to the charger? I know that works when you have almost a completely charged battery.

Ha

Have you tied to turn on the batteries before hooking them up to the charger? I know that works when you have almost a completely charged battery.

brilliant that works for the 2 charged batteries but no life in the other 2. they obviously need some charge in the battery so the firmware can run to tell it to accept charge. is there any way around this.

If they are discharged below 85%, then they should just take a charge by connecting them to the charger.

Can you press the button and get them to show their level of charge?

What level were they when you last had them in the Inspire? What level did you run them down to?

It would be very odd to have two batteries fail at the same time.

If they are discharged below 85%, then they should just take a charge by connecting them to the charger.

Can you press the button and get them to show their level of charge?

What level were they when you last had them in the Inspire? What level did you run them down to?

It would be very odd to have two batteries fail at the same time.

they both had 30% left in them when i finished flying on thursday.
i don't get anything when i press the button.
it seems a hell of a coincidence that two batteries failed just after doing the firmware update.
cheers

Have you tried pressing and holding the button for 5 seconds? This should indicate the overall life of the battery. Not the amount of charge, but the useful life left. I have one battery with like 36 charge cycles and it's still showing all four solid lights which is 100%

I have four batteries 1x 4500mAh and 3x 5700mAh. All too the firmware and all are working fine.

If you have a multimeter, you may want to see If there is any life left in the batteries. Mine all read about 1V when off. I think that is there to sense when you plug it into a charger and it allows the smart battery to then start the charging process.

yeah tried holding down the button, absolutely nothing.
getting 0.98 v out of each one.

Well, if you're getting ~1V, then it's not totally dead. I'm not sure what else to try. How long have you left them on the charger to see if they are taking a charge? Does the charger start getting warm after a few minutes? I'm wondering if just your indicators are not working. Try the normal turning on procedure and then check with you meter and see if the voltage jumps up to 22 - 26 volts. If so, then your indicator lights are not functioning.

May be time to call DJI.

Reactions: Jem
It seems this new firmware made more victims than the previous ones. Every day I check the official DJI forum, a bird is reported dead, running on this firmware.
My bird will arrive tomorrow from DJI Europe Service, Germany, I had to recalibrate the engine arms, and I am not sure it's safe to fly, considering so many crashes were reported lately.
Never had a problem with my Inspire so far, but it seems most of the birds crashed recently were also flying perfect until they were updated to this new firmware.
Hmm, to fly or not to fly...

It seems this new firmware made more victims than the previous ones. Every day I check the official DJI forum, a bird is reported dead, running on this firmware.
My bird will arrive tomorrow from DJI Europe Service, Germany, I had to recalibrate the engine arms, and I am not sure it's safe to fly, considering so many crashes were reported lately.
Never had a problem with my Inspire so far, but it seems most of the birds crashed recently were also flying perfect until they were updated to this new firmware.

Fly. For every bad report there are thousands of flights without incident.

You have a greater chance of ....

Or something like that.

I know the one strange loss of control I had a few days ago, which I wrote off to launching from a pier that contained a lot of metal, looks very close to another report of an Inspire that the pilot has a very hard time flying.

In his case, it looked like he had flown quite a distance and then had a very hard time to control it to bring it home. In my case the pattern of flight looked very close to his. Very long circular arcs with the nose staying pointed in the same direction but the AC doing the fish bowling action it used to do about 2 firmwares ago. But these drifting was much much larger. I'll have to do a screen grab and show my flight to help explain.

In the 4-6 flights since this problem I had, my AC has flown without f flaw. So, I don't want to be too quick to jump to saying it is a firmware bug, but now I wonder. I'm going to start recording my MOD values before every flight. Wish I would have when I was on this pier, but I think I will drive back there and put the AC there again just to see what they are.

I've started the habit of doing a screenshot of the mods before liftoff for reference. Prob a good idea. Because if you crash your ****, and ask for help, The Editor will want to know these numbers.:D

Reactions: Ferdi and JimPA
I know the one strange loss of control I had a few days ago, which I wrote off to launching from a pier that contained a lot of metal, looks very close to another report of an Inspire that the pilot has a very hard time flying.

In his case, it looked like he had flown quite a distance and then had a very hard time to control it to bring it home. In my case the pattern of flight looked very close to his. Very long circular arcs with the nose staying pointed in the same direction but the AC doing the fish bowling action it used to do about 2 firmwares ago. But these drifting was much much larger. I'll have to do a screen grab and show my flight to help explain.

In the 4-6 flights since this problem I had, my AC has flown without f flaw. So, I don't want to be too quick to jump to saying it is a firmware bug, but now I wonder. I'm going to start recording my MOD values before every flight. Wish I would have when I was on this pier, but I think I will drive back there and put the AC there again just to see what they are.

Sounds like s possible compass error. Are you regularly flying near compass-impacting materials?

Has you ever been switched into ATTI mode 2 FW releases back?

Sounds like s possible compass error. Are you regularly flying near compass-impacting materials?

Has you ever been switched into ATTI mode 2 FW releases back?

I have flown a few times in ATTI mode, but only when I have lost GPS. This was something else. There was almost no wind the morning this happened. I got a compass error, so I moved to the center of the pier away from the metal sides. The error went away. Once I launched it was when I was several feet off the pier that it started it erratic flight pattern. Never lost GPS. It was still doing this even after I was like 50ft in the air and probably went 150ft away before it started responding the normal way. Flew fine the rest of the 10-13 minute flight. I of course, did not land back on the pier.

I'm going to go tomorrow morning and try to see what my MOD readings are with the A/C placed in the same spot in the pier. This should answer the question if it was compass error or something else.

As to your question if I launch from other areas near Compass-impacting materials. Yes, I have launched many times from a dock that has plenty of metal on the sides and have never had this error or erratic flight like this.

An update to my earlier post about a bad launch I had.

I went back to the same pier and same location and checked the MOD values. While near the side of the pier where I got the error I was reading 2200. When I moved closer to the center I was still reading values between 1750 and 1900. So, I'm pretty sure this is my reason for my erratic flight. On the walkway to the pier, there was a metal plate. Just for the heck of it I put the AC on that and read 3300.

As a side note....In the parking lot were I launched from several times, while on the sidewalk where I was setting up I got readings 1700-1800. I'm guessing there is some rebar in the concrete. Over in the middle of the asphalt parking lot I was getting mid 1500's.

Moral of the story....ALWAYS check your MOD values prior to launch.

Last edited:
Hmm, I tend to disagree.
I think the last department they should worry about is their PR, their current 8 billion value was made possible due to a very good PR strategy.
And here is the problem.
The PR was too good, funny the way it is.
Their growth was faster than expected and it seems they do not have enough human recources to deal with it.
Their technical support team needs immediate intervention, not their PR.
Sales are brilliant, commercials are great, the marketing campaigns better from one product to another.
The major problem is postsales service.
Preorders delivered in time, fast technical support, more tests before releasing new software / hardware upgrades.
You can't solve this kind of problems with Michael Perry or Philipp Bloom.
Right now DJI doesn't suffer from lack of creativity.
It's clear they have great products in development, their current offers are far above competition, so from this point of view I think they will double their market value soon.
They just need to act fast as a billion dollar company, with a service department to match their market value.
Right now I totally understand the "lack of communication" of DJI, regards serious complaints adressed by its customers.
What to tell ? We're working on it, but still you have to wait 6 or 7 weeks to have your product repaired ?

What I am trying to say, is that in this very moment DJI needs less words and more action.
More service centers, better technical support.
This is what the major DJI community is complaining right now.

I think it's working just fine for them. With the Phantom 3 release they have put a backup machine for the I1 on the market. Why speed up your service and communications (which are expensive to implement) when you can sell more units because your customers are afraid of long delays.

The poor customer service is well known and most certainly would have come to DJI's attention by now. I am convinced that they are quite happy to leave it as it is. Is this sustainable business? - unfortunately it seems that way!

An update to my earlier post about a bad launch I had.

I went back to the same pier and same location and checked the MOD values. While near the side of the pier where I got the error I was reading 2200. When I moved closer to the center I was still reading values between 1750 and 1900. So, I'm pretty sure this is my reason for my erratic flight. On the walkway to the pier, there was a metal plate. Just for the heck of it I put the AC on that and read 3300.

As a side note....In the parking lot were I launched from several times, while on the sidewalk where I was setting up I got readings 1700-1800. I'm guessing there is some rebar in the concrete. Over in the middle of the asphalt parking lot I was getting mid 1500's.

Moral of the story....ALWAYS check your MOD values prior to launch.
I rest my case :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu