Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

I have checked and the only thing that shows up on the SD card is the .bin file. I have tried both the 1.3 and 1.4 with not luck. Plug it in to the camera, turn AC on and typical start up and nothing...

When i updated the RC I used a thumbdrive, would that have caused any issues?

Ok so trying to update my AC from 1.2 to the 1.4 and when I get the file onto the SD card and insert it and then turn on the AC nothing happens except the typical startup (aka no beeping) I have tried formatting the SD card, re-downloading the file...tried a lot of things and nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations? My RCs upgraded fine with no issues, but am stuck with my AC

If you read carefully the instructions, make sure you upgrade the UAS from 1.2 to 1.3 first. You will need to upgrade both the AC and the RC. When completed, then you will upgrade the AC to 1.4. Also while reading the instructions carefully, 1.4 is only applicable to the AC, and not the RC's. Good luck.

Try reformatting card on laptop/pc.

Also use the 16gb card the a/c came with.

Put that card to one side after your issue is resolved and only use it for fw updates.

Hope it gets resolved.

This forum helps you get there along with a bit of trial and error. Forum is totally essential in my eyes!!!

I understand that the AC gets upgraded to 1.4 and the RCs only to 1.3, but I have tried using the 16gb SD that it came with and formatted it on the computer. Nothing happens when I put it in the AC, no beeps just typical start up.

I'm upgrading my firmware today after a month of not flying:eek: batteries on charge followed by the RC;) fingers crossed all should go according to plan;)

Then I better upgrade the new pilot app also.

Last edited:
I understand that the AC gets upgraded to 1.4 and the RCs only to 1.3, but I have tried using the 16gb SD that it came with and formatted it on the computer. Nothing happens when I put it in the AC, no beeps just typical start up.
Do make sure your WiFi is turned on when your installing.

Hello, I am new to this and want to check that my Inspire 1 RC has the latest firmware: 1.5.70. ?? Is this the latest? The DJI website does not distinguishe between battery or RC firmware. Thanks.

Hello, I am new to this and want to check that my Inspire 1 RC has the latest firmware: 1.5.70. ?? Is this the latest? The DJI website does not distinguishe between battery or RC firmware. Thanks.

Hi @Suzi,

Welcome to the forum:)

The latest FW is 1.6.0.40 which was released on the 22/12/15. If you read the release notes on the DJI i1 download page it will tell you all you need to know about the update plus battery updates.;)

The RC updates are now done via the "Go App" it will inform you when you fire up the App. Makes sure you have your inspire turned off when updating the RC.

You can check what firmware versions you have by following this,

In the go app,

Press the icon, top right of screen, "general settings"
Scroll down & you will see "about"
Press that & it will tell you all you need to know about what firmware settings you have.

This is for the IOS platform don't know if it's the same for android.

Hope the above helps in some way;)

Reactions: Scotflieger
V1.5.70 is the latest public release of the remote firmware.
As Clampit says above, RC updates are now handled through the app and NOT done through USB.
The app will tell you if you need to update your RC firmware......No message displayed, means you are up to date. :)

Reactions: Scotflieger
apologies all round:eek: miss read Suzi's post, got my RC & AC the wrong way round, lol;) it was early here... Well that's my excuse:eek:

Thanks for your post @Editor, top chap;)

V1.5.70 is the latest public release of the remote firmware.
As Clampit says above, RC updates are now handled through the app and NOT done through USB.
The app will tell you if you need to update your RC firmware......No message displayed, means you are up to date. :)
Awesome! I have 1.5.70 and I did the update from the app so looks like I am good2go. Thanks so much :)

apologies all round:eek: miss read Suzi's post, got my RC & AC the wrong way round, lol;) it was early here... Well that's my excuse:eek:

Thanks for your post @Editor, top chap;)
Thanks for all the help....I am on my way to have some fun with this awesome machine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour