Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fly Aways DJI Response

Reaction score
For those of you that have had a Fly Away event that ended in damage to your Inspire 1 how have DJI responded to your case?

So far in my case DJI has stonwalled me so far with constant request for data I can't provide.
Flight data from the Inspire 1 for some reason at the time of the event there is no flight data?
Flight Logs from the DJI Pilot App I do have these and I have the current Android version of the app they have asked for these and I have tried many time to upload to the cloud but it failes at 30% how many others still have this issue?

I am really getting pissed off with DJI and there no action plan on my case.

I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problem with DJI.

For those of you that have had a Fly Away event that ended in damage to your Inspire 1 how have DJI responded to your case?

So far in my case DJI has stonwalled me so far with constant request for data I can't provide.
Flight data from the Inspire 1 for some reason at the time of the event there is no flight data?
Flight Logs from the DJI Pilot App I do have these and I have the current Android version of the app they have asked for these and I have tried many time to upload to the cloud but it failes at 30% how many others still have this issue?

I am really getting pissed off with DJI and there no action plan on my case.

I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problem with DJI.
Hey Ian. .I didn't have a crash but I did need to send my inspire in for service. .
I spent 5 days just trying to get a customer information sheet which they insist you send in with your unit..only way to get this is through your dji account. .for whatever reason I got locked out of my account and now it says I'm not authorized. .I spent 5 hours on hold trying to get this worked out..luckily Tahoe Ed sent me the cis and I sent it to dji on my own dime..well 50 dollars. . After explaining it to them several times they still don't get it..they said they would have someone call me on two different ocasisions ..never got a call..
So after a week I finally got it to dji LA. .
I called all e rc originally and they said to send it to dji la even though it was within their return policy. .I called them and told them I was having problems and asked them to help.. I guess they didn't cause I called them on two separate ocasisions and left word to call me ..that's been a couple of days.. guess we're on our own ..
I've talked with other operators and they have had similar experiences with dji la..
I guessing this is par for the course. .
one operator crashed his Inspire pretty bad and he was charged 500.00 usd which I thought was good..
anyway. .I would recommend to all operators to use a on screen recoding device like Mobizen for backup and review. .
I hope this helps you to know you're not alone.. at some point you will need to decide if you're just going to bite the bullet and send it in at you own expense. .
good luck tdp...

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Hey Ian. .I didn't have a crash but I did need to send my inspire in for service. .
I spent 5 days just trying to get a customer information sheet which they insist you send in with your unit..only way to get this is through your dji account. .for whatever reason I got locked out of my account and now it says I'm not authorized. .I spent 5 hours on hold trying to get this worked out..luckily Tahoe Ed sent me the cis and I sent it to dji on my own dime..well 50 dollars. . After explaining it to them several times they still don't get it..they said they would have someone call me on two different ocasisions ..never got a call..
So after a week I finally got it to dji LA. .
I called all e rc originally and they said to send it to dji la even though it was within their return policy. .I called them and told them I was having problems and asked them to help.. I guess they didn't cause I called them on two separate ocasisions and left word to call me ..that's been a couple of days.. guess we're on our own ..
I've talked with other operators and they have had similar experiences with dji la..
I guessing this is par for the course. .
one operator crashed his Inspire pretty bad and he was charged 500.00 usd which I thought was good..
anyway. .I would recommend to all operators to use a on screen recoding device like Mobizen for backup and review. .
I hope this helps you to know you're not alone.. at some point you will need to decide if you're just going to bite the bullet and send it in at you own expense. .
good luck tdp...

Thanks for the response.

I don't understand what is going inside DJI the problem here in Australia is there is no official DJI office so we are left with trying to deal with China. But now for the next 2 weeks its going impossible to get any sensible answer from them.

I am looking into fixing the thing myself and I am doing some homework on possible replacement propulsion kits. T-Motor seem to have a very good range of options so I will investigate that.

Plus the DJI E800 Propulsion system is a possibility. But right now spending more money with DJI is not my favoured option.

Thanks for the response.

I don't understand what is going inside DJI the problem here in Australia is there is no official DJI office so we are left with trying to deal with China. But now for the next 2 weeks its going impossible to get any sensible answer from them.

I am looking into fixing the thing myself and I am doing some homework on possible replacement propulsion kits. T-Motor seem to have a very good range of options so I will investigate that.

Plus the DJI E800 Propulsion system is a possibility. But right now spending more money with DJI is not my favoured option.
If you are not familiar with designing multi rotor platforms I would be very careful how you proceed.
In order to change motor type you will have to calculate amongst other things, thrust parameters, mass, AUW and current draw from idle to full throttle. Since we do not know the maximum current the new DJI esc's can supply you will not know if you are working within spec or not. You will also need to take into account how the esc's drive the motors. I believe the Inspire esc's work at a higher frequency than regular esc's that are usually around 400 Hz. I also understand that the new propulsion system uses sine wave instead of square wave drive pulses to drive the motors. You could find that T-Motors will not sync properly with the DJI esc's which would be catastrophic in the air.
I have designed and built both quads and hex's from scratch carrying a variety of payloads and it is not a plug and play straightforward excersise, unless you have a very good understanding of multi rotor design I would stick with the E800's.

Last edited:
If you are not familiar with designing multi rotor platforms I would be very careful how you proceed.
In order to change motor type you will have to calculate amongst other things, thrust parameters, mass, AUW and currecatastrophicat idle and full throttle. Since we do not know the maximum current the new DJI esc's can supply you will not know if you are working within spec or not. You will also need to take into account how the esc's drive the motors. I believe the Inspire esc's have work at a higher frequency than regular esc's that are usually around 400 Hz. I also understand that the new propulsion system uses sine wave instead of square wave drive pulses to the motors. You could find that T-Motors will not sync properly with the DJI esc's which would be catastrophic in the air.
Unless you have a very good understanding of multi rotor design I would stick with the E800's.

The problem I have is DJI are stonewalling me I need to do something because the way its going DJI will just continue to ignore my request for RMA I don't understand why is so hard to get an RMA from DJI

Your advice on the T-Motors is noted

So the E800 Propulsion kit Motors will work with my Inspire 1?

If I buy this kit http://www.dji.com/product/e800 will the motors work on my Inspire 1?

The thing is, how do you know it is your motors that are faulty and not the FETs on the esc's that drive them that maybe burnt out due to excessive current draw in your crash?

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
All you guys on this thread better watch what you say about DJi 'Quad Pilot' will label you a TROLL for daring to speak ill of his beloved DJI and then you will never get your Inspire fixed!!! My PT2V3 has been at DJI/LA for two weeks..and I still do not have a 'Queue' date for when its going to be repaired and returned! I had sent dozens of emails and finally they relented and I think they are going to upgrade my ESC's to 2.1...maybe and then again maybe not!

King Troll here. Just returned my inspire. It was far from a finished product. I am not into DYI BS cover up fixes, nor am into fly aways etc. DJI as a company does not give a ****! My customer service experience reflects the post above. Useless, frustrating, and incredibly time consuming. I had the privilege of a phone conversation with the beloved Tahoe Ed. It was useless too. He opened the gate of worthless customer service for me, and thats it. Hats off to STY NYC Electronics. Great customer service from Sam. He seems to run that show. I have one more thing for Blade Strike and Tahoe ED. After all the forum drama I went back on some big issues on both forums. I found a disturbing trend with our revered DJI forum jockeys. On all the major issues they both initially refuse to accept the customers issues. Then only after many reports, do they start to accept it, concluding with a acknowledgment that it is screwed up and that we should wait for a video, part, or firmware to fix it. Month 4 goes by and this 3,000 POS is still sitting and waiting. Screw DJI. Thank you and goodnight.

The thing is, how do you know it is your motors that are faulty and not the FETs on the esc's that drive them that maybe burnt out due to excessive current draw in your crash?

Well that's the catch 22 isn't it DJI wont respond to my RMA request so what do I attempt to fix it my self or use the thing for wall art and write off the $4k it cost me?

Well that's the catch 22 isn't it DJI wont respond to my RMA request so what do I attempt to fix it my self or use the thing for wall art and write off the $4k it cost me?
There's a guy on rcgoups.com that installed the e800 motors on his Inspire. .I pm him but he didn't reply. .search rc groups.com on the inspire thread for e800 motor upgrade or look through the last 200 pages and you'll find it..sorry I'm not tech enough to provide a link..tdp..Tahoe Ed said on rcgoups.com today that the e800 are the same except for the propeller mount. .

Last edited:
The E800's are the same motors that are installed in the Inspire but my concern would be that without sufficient knowledge of your platform you may be replacing them unnecessarily. That would be further cost that could possibly be avoided and further frustration when you replace them and your Inspire still doesn't work!.

The E800's are the same motors that are installed in the Inspire but my concern would be that without sufficient knowledge of your platform you may be replacing them unnecessarily. That would be further cost that could possibly be avoided and further frustration when you replace them and your Inspire still doesn't work!.

Given that 2 motors had smoke pouring out of them its pretty clear they are dead. The other 2 suffered prop strikes when it hit the tree. Its a fair bet none of the motors are worth keeping on the Inspire 1.

The question is academic anyway as its packed for return to the seller.

Given that 2 motors had smoke pouring out of them its pretty clear they are dead. The other 2 suffered prop strikes when it hit the tree. Its a fair bet none of the motors are worth keeping on the Inspire 1.

The question is academic anyway as its packed for return to the seller.
I doubt it.....the esc's would give out smoke long before the motors due to the fact the FET's would be passing too much current. It would appear the motors were smoking given that the esc's are directly underneath them.
Anyway, I'm glad I was of some help even if only 'academic' :rolleyes:

I doubt it.....the esc's would give out smoke long before the motors due to the fact the FET's would be passing too much current. It would appear the motors were smoking given that the esc's are directly underneath them.
Anyway, I'm glad I was of some help even if only 'academic' :rolleyes:

All good. Thanks

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Just an update.

I have given up on DJI support I actually raised a separate case with them about their terrible support system we will see how that goes.

The Inspire 1 is packed and on its way back to the seller. They can deal with DJI and good luck to them.

The take away lessons here...

1. DJI Support is Terrible
2. The Inspire 1 is a flawed product that I believe will come good if DJI pick up their game.
3. Choose your seller with great care. A direct DJI sale would see me still waiting for a response.
4. Register on a number of forums read them everyday look for potential issues

Reactions: Airwolf13
King Troll here. Just returned my inspire. It was far from a finished product. I am not into DYI BS cover up fixes, nor am into fly aways etc. DJI as a company does not give a ****! My customer service experience reflects the post above. Useless, frustrating, and incredibly time consuming. I had the privilege of a phone conversation with the beloved Tahoe Ed. It was useless too. He opened the gate of worthless customer service for me, and thats it. Hats off to STY NYC Electronics. Great customer service from Sam. He seems to run that show. I have one more thing for Blade Strike and Tahoe ED. After all the forum drama I went back on some big issues on both forums. I found a disturbing trend with our revered DJI forum jockeys. On all the major issues they both initially refuse to accept the customers issues. Then only after many reports, do they start to accept it, concluding with a acknowledgment that it is screwed up and that we should wait for a video, part, or firmware to fix it. Month 4 goes by and this 3,000 POS is still sitting and waiting. Screw DJI. Thank you and goodnight.

So, Jerk, is it safe to presume you're leaving?

Jerk!! I'm quite sure if you can afford a 3k+ Toy, I'm quite sure you can afford yourself a good lawyer providing you have substantial proof that anything you have done or has happened is not operator error.. That being said, not sure if you're into reading.... But I would suggest you READ the Disclaimer Warnings and Limitation of Liability literature before sounding off COMPLAINTS!! I'm sure we all have or had our fair share of problematic issues and software malfunctions.. Either way, we pay to play... Glitches happen, and as with anything RISK is part of life wether it's trusting or distrusting.. Even in our hobby of electronics... Have a Good Day[emoji6]!!

Well at least you admit two things that are true.. The Jerk and King troll:p

But for real, please show me where Ed or I have stated there were no issues. If we reacted to every so-called issue we wouldn't be help to anyone. We first have to verify and then try to replicate the issue. If we can not then the logs have to be sent to DJI for review, It's really that simple. It boils down this, if your not into tinkering with stuff or willing to work through some teething issues, then this is not the hobby or profession for you.

Just like computers or anything else that runs code, there is a chance of failure or lockups. If you can not accept this then I suggest you look else where. There are tons of sports that don't require things that run code.. Pick up a set of golf clubs and be happy!

Last edited:
There is another flyaway and complete loss video on youtube.

Bit concerning as I am thinking of getting one to replace my P2V+

Reactions: Mauro573
Sorry to hear and see this, looks a nice flight until then. Sorry 1 thing puzzles me, why use manual channels instead of auto to start with? I understand you want to push the limits, but do you think not switching to auto would help? And the K-Index only 3, good, did you check for RF interference? Any military/civilian installations that are nearby? I prepared to be shot down in flames, sorry for the loss, hope it's found somehow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc