Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Drove Flyer

Reaction score
Hello,

I have purchased a used Inspire 1 drone. I have been trying to use the flight simulator from DJI virtual Flight but it appears I need equipment. I want to use the controller to be as close to the real thing as possible before I actually fly. It appears that I need version 2 of the goggles and controller to do this. I do not have goggles and I'm guessing I have version 1 of controller. So any guidance on how to do this and if I have the right app.

Thanks

Reactions: GFields
Just fly it, watch some YouTube videos on the Inspire 1, start in a big open field. Calibrate the compass. Make sure the switch on the back is set to "P" (GPS stability) and hover 10 - 15 ft above the ground. There is also a parameter you can set to limit the flight distance from you, set it to 150 feet, if it makes you feel more confident it won't fly away. Also set return to home ON. You can leave the landing gear down, seams to be just as stable up or down. I don't know anyone on this channel who has used a DJI flight simulator.

Hello,

I have purchased a used Inspire 1 drone. I have been trying to use the flight simulator from DJI virtual Flight but it appears I need equipment. I want to use the controller to be as close to the real thing as possible before I actually fly. It appears that I need version 2 of the goggles and controller to do this. I do not have goggles and I'm guessing I have version 1 of controller. So any guidance on how to do this and if I have the right app.

Thanks
It’s a very easy drone to fly. Make sure your batteries are charged up. The Golden rule is stay away from trees.

Thanks to all, I will start doing just as recommended. I'm lucky that the guy I purchased it from is my neighbor. He has 5 DJI drones and is willing to teach me :). But I have another question: I only have an iPhone, he uses an older iPad which is bigger. I'm 66 and as many things my vision is not what it used to be :(. I thing the iPad 9 will fit and I can use it for other things but is that a good choice or should I use a different version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102