Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Flytrex Live 3G for Inspire 1 - pre-orders

Discussion in 'News' started by DustyVisor, Apr 29, 2015.

1. DustyVisor

FYI - I received this email this morning...
    FlytrexInspire.JPG

2. Phatzo

what does it look like??

3. DustyVisor

4. Tahoejmfc

why cant you just use the dji app to do exactly what the flytrex does, without the 179$ price. Flytrex is really cool, but obsolete on the Inspire

5. Phatzo

and no pic, so no bucks from me...

6. DustyVisor

The flytex lets you export your flight track as a KML (google earth file) or a CSV which is useful for GIS/mapping purposes. Currently you can't get a usable flight log from the inspire. If/when DJ release the SDK for the Inspire then yea, I agree this will be obsolete.

7. Sergey Moiseev

One actual feature of Flytrex is ability of reporting last known location over cellular network. If you fly in covered areas it's pretty much killer feature.

Still not sure where CAN port on Inspire.

8. stevet

It would be great if the Pilot app allowed us to export the flight data. As for mapping I use my inspire and phantom 2 a lot do build 3d landscapes from my data. With the inspire one you dont need a gps log since the gps data is embedded in the exif tags of each image.

9. InspiredOne

There are other trackers that are less expensive that will to the same thing. And if it's using cellular networks, what would the additional fee be? I see no mention of that.

EDIT: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2482339,00.asp
    "Some installations need soldering." From the looks of it, all installations will require soldering. No thank you!

10. Jeroen van Craaikamp

I have bought one. I have been using Flytrex Core-2, Flytrex-Live on my old Phantom-2 and was very pleased with it. With my new inspire-1, I also want to have fully automated flight logs that i can retrieve/read/review and overlay the data on my areal videos using Dashware. Furthermore, i want an extra safety in case i have a flyaway (Flytrex Live keeps sending the drone location -and other telemetry data such as battery status- realtime via GSM to the internet, even if the connection between controller and drone has been lost). The ability to have others follow you fly real-time (using a webbrowser) is nice to have. Lastly: Skypixel/DJI-forum do not yet offer capability to publish flightlogs/stats on their website, flytrex does. I have embeded the flytrex webpage on my own website so everybody can see my logs. Since i do this, the number of visits to my site have doubled. The 179 US$ is peanuts in comparison to the price of a flown-away (i.e. lost) DJI drone, let alone a lost I1. The latest Flytrex live has a Can-bus onboard so no soldering is required (not even for the DC power). The Flytrex box fits well underneath the I1 battery. For the record; i'm not commercially affiliated with Flytrex; i just love what they do....

11. Sergey Moiseev

Less expensive trackers with it's own battery. Speaking about fees, it depends on your operator.

And about soldering, you don't need to make decisions by looks. It's just stupid. Here is CAN installation on Vision: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/phantom-2-vision-plus-canbus-installation/

12. Kauaigene

Not sure what a installation video on a Phantom has to do with an Inspire. Might be on the edge of "stupid" perhaps.

InspiredOne likes this.
  13. Sergey Moiseev

14. John Cassidy

whats a good data plan for this?

15. Sergey Moiseev

16. InspiredOne

Still not sure what the need for this is. o_O

What does it do that isn't already being done?

17. Sergey Moiseev

See response from Jeroen van Craaikamp. I can only add one thing, I like to have system that reporting on last known location to be independent from fly controller but take all data from it.

18. damoncooper

Earning badges! :). Seriously it's pretty fun.

19. damoncooper

Maybe you could post some installation pics and a review once you receive it?

20. Sergey Moiseev

Flytrex promise to post installation manual on this week. But from text description (see my comment with link) all seems pretty simple.