Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Risk goes up exponentially the farther out you go. And that goes double for MR's and Heli's (non fixed-wing). Even things you don't think about, like a headwind at altitude on the way back, can cause an "unplanned landing." Fixed wing is much better if your goal is just to go far. But if you need that long range shot that you can't otherwise get, better have the right antenna. The extra range isn't free. The antenna have to be pointed in the right direction. With high gain antenna, you get more range in one direction, and less everywhere else, so don't be walking in circles (or have people walk in front of you) when you're far out. Keep facing the direction of the vehicle. I'll have to check these out. Good antenna are the secret to more range (not more power). Make sure you have good GPS before experimenting. Have someone follow the vehicle to keep eyes on it the first time you set a new distance record. Post your results, we'd like to hear about it.

Yes damoncooper. ..
it's good for 5 to 6 miles. ..
591.00 usd..otd..
can use it with the helix coil antennas without the boosters. .
Turbo...

Any chance they might be working on a more stock-like implementation? I assume it's all self-powered by the controller so no extra power source is needed?

In terms of extra size (storage space) and complexity (on site setup, connecting more wires, etc), how has it been to live with?

The knife style antennas are very close to stock..they fold up and fit in the case with no problems. ..
the option 2 does has its own power supply for the amplifiers I believe. .
my buddy has his controller at fpvlr as we speak for the option 2 modification. .
the antennas and amplifiers can be removed for storage. .
Then if you don't want to use the amplifiers you can just use the helix coils without the amplifiers. .

Reactions: MadMitch88
Hi Turbodronepilot .

excuse me sir , one question , how's the range of the KNIFE STYLE ?
the option B is a bit bulky for me , although it looks cool .

As i heard the KNIFE style can reach 3km , but does it require lowering the IMAGE Quality in the
channel setting to reach this range ?

Thanks for ur help ! !

Hi Turbodronepilot .

excuse me sir , one question , how's the range of the KNIFE STYLE ?
the option B is a bit bulky for me , although it looks cool .

As i heard the KNIFE style can reach 3km , but does it require lowering the IMAGE Quality in the
channel setting to reach this range ?

Thanks for ur help ! !
Hey asa226..
I have a buddy that went almost 4 miles with the knife style antennas. .
that's the max rang the inspire can travel and safety return. .
I don't believe you need to lower the video image quality to fly long range. .
Happy flying. .
turbo

Reactions: MadMitch88
Hey asa226..
I have a buddy that went almost 4 miles with the knife style antennas. .
that's the max rang the inspire can travel and safety return. .
I don't believe you need to lower the video image quality to fly long range. .
Happy flying. .
turbo

Great info, thanks. So to be clear there are two options available,

A) the "knife style", the closest to stock, self powered by the controller and boosts range to nearly 4 miles and

B) the circular antennas with power amplifiers powered by an external power source / battery with range boost > 4 miles I presume?

Is that correct? Would you want to do the 2nd controller as well if choosing Option A for example to ensure camera operator gets the range as well?

Great info, thanks. So to be clear there are two options available,

A) the "knife style", the closest to stock, self powered by the controller and boosts range to nearly 4 miles and

B) the circular antennas with power amplifiers powered by an external power source / battery with range boost > 4 miles I presume?

Is that correct? Would you want to do the 2nd controller as well if choosing Option A for example to ensure camera operator gets the range as well?
Yes that's correct. ..
Ive been told the option 2 is good for 5 to 6 miles ...
of course that would be a one way trip unless you land and change the battery for the return flight to home..
no need to modify both controllers. .the slave controller gets its signal from the main controller I believe. ..
Turbo. .

Flew my inspire 1 and got 3.5km range on stock antenna last week. I was flying just under 400ft. Video was clear all the way until it cut out at 3.5km and started coming back. 5 to 6 miles would be insane with the option 2.

@FPVLR could you please confirm if the aforementioned statement is true for both option 1 & option 2?
That's a fact jack...the slave gets its signal from the main controller via wi-fi ..
Looks like tony has done away with the knife style antennas and opted for the helix antennas. .
so option 1 would be the helix style antennas and an option 2 would have the helix antennas with boosters and a battery. .
it's about 150 for the helix antennas kit and that's without labor. .it's about 300.00 usd for both parts and labor..
the option 2 kit is 591.00 usd and comes with the helix antennas and boosters and battery which includes labor. .
turbo. ...[/ATTACH] Screenshot_2015-04-10-16-25-39.png Screenshot_2015-04-10-16-14-19.png

Anyone know how these helix antennas would mount onto the controller?

It looks like the board with the antennas would just flop down unless there was some sort of mounting point that you would attach them to?

I'm positive that you don't need to modify the slave controller because that's what tony a fpvlr told me..
I believe the slave and master controller comminacate via wi-fi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet