Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

View attachment 1770
I have the FPVLR stage 2 setup from Tony I found this case from kudacase very nice case with pick n pluk foam a bit snug but fits great. No need to remove the antenna from controller they both fit in this case. Just thought I wld add it for the peps who have this mod
Nice looking case NEJO! !!
Tell us how you like your stage 2 mod??
What are the benefits? ?
Are you able to fly where you want??
I'm dieing to know? ??

Reactions: Soflms
So.... Between work and weather have not had a ton of time but I was able to squeeze in a cpl flights I was able to almost land it went down to approx 10 ft from the ground at 2.5 miles never went above 169 ft went almost 3 miles have not any where near explored its full potential extremely pleased
TURBO

Is it ok to unscrew the antennas off the RC after every flight? I've yet to put mine on and it'll pee me off if I can't keep my RC in the expensive huge box I bought from GPC... What do yas reckon?

Well depends on which setup you got. The "moon" antennas clip on the silver metal bar that's mounted on your controller with the 3d mount it is removable not easily its a nice fit but does not seem to be removable friendly. I also liked how everything fit into one case but oppted to do a extra case due to the amount of tinkering around that wld have been involved. I was disappointed when I realized another case was going to be involved until I took my first flight And seen how well the stage 2 setup performed keep me updated on what you decide to do or if you found another style of case for your controller

I only just got the basic kit last week and I've yet to grow the ballz to open up the RC...
If I'm not happy with the current basic set up, I might buy the booster kit aswell.
I'm thinking if I were to unscrew the antennas after every flight, sooner or later the connection might give?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I picked up the new kit a few weeks ago and it had been sitting in the box. I am waiting for controller 2 to come back from DJI for Warrenty repair and then I will mount the new antennas on the spare. I have been running some test flights before the install and I got a personal best yesterday of 1.5 miles. Just short of 8000ft. Also hit 60mph on the way back which was another personal best. Let's see what range I get with the new setup. Controller 2 set to arrive this week, finally.

I only just got the basic kit last week and I've yet to grow the ballz to open up the RC...
If I'm not happy with the current basic set up, I might buy the booster kit aswell.
I'm thinking if I were to unscrew the antennas after every flight, sooner or later the connection might give?
Ya man!!
That's correct. .
sooner or later it will cause unwanted wear possibly leading to a bad connection. .

I picked up the new kit a few weeks ago and it had been sitting in the box. I am waiting for controller 2 to come back from DJI for Warrenty repair and then I will mount the new antennas on the spare. I have been running some test flights before the install and I got a personal best yesterday of 1.5 miles. Just short of 8000ft. Also hit 60mph on the way back which was another personal best. Let's see what range I get with the new setup. Controller 2 set to arrive this week, finally.
Which kit did you buy Mazz

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Which kit did you buy Mazz
jeez, I guess I never hit post, but I got the advanced kit. My controller came in today so I will make the mod tomorrow after I pick up the screws that were not included. They provided the pairs of nuts and bolts to connect the antenna to the mount but not the ones for the boosters.

Reactions: sirnikolas
OK, it is time to report! 5600 meters with 60 meters altitude. No drops, no artefacts, 5 bars all the way. I am really impressed! When I turn with my antennas 90 degrees left and right the lost of signal is only 1 bar. More tests soon. After 11 kilometers of flight Inspire came back with 30% of TB48.

OK, it is time to report! 5600 meters with 60 meters altitude. No drops, no artefacts, 5 bars all the way. I am really impressed! When I turn with my antennas 90 degrees left and right the lost of signal is only 1 bar. More tests soon. After 11 kilometers of flight Inspire came back with 30% of TB48.
That's rad sskom! !
is that a stage 1 or 2??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luffdozen7869