Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

single remote. Everything else seems fine. Full tilt with the wheel. Yaw and tilt with the finger (blue circle) works good.
This is a strange one as I have not come across this before.
Try remapping C1 to switch gimbal mode and C2 to reset gimbal yaw.
It is not a bug as everything works here on both platforms and I have run every firmware/app version from inception.

Tried that with no success. I just noticed that I get the message "gimbal calibration failed" when I turn on the Inspire. I didn't notice it before because I was starting the app after the Inspire. Looks like I might be returning this machine.

Tried that with no success. I just noticed that I get the message "gimbal calibration failed" when I turn on the Inspire. I didn't notice it before because I was starting the app after the Inspire. Looks like I might be returning this machine.
No, ignore that message. Its a bug in the app that will be addressed in the next version. The gimbal calibrates fine.
I still think it is something you are not doing.
If you remap the buttons to another function (bring up battery info eg) does that work?
If not then the button(s) themselves (or connector to them) maybe faulty.

No, ignore that message. Its a bug in the app that will be addressed in the next version. The gimbal calibrates fine.
I still think it is something you are not doing.
If you remap the buttons to another function (bring up battery info eg) does that work?
If not then the button(s) themselves (or connector to them) maybe faulty.

They work fine remapped. Even the when I use the finger to pan the camera, when I press the "reset gimbal yaw" it recenters like it should. I switched the c1/c2 functions to no avail. I did an RC recalibration. RC function is set to Master. Not sure what else to try but I am sure open to some ideas. I took it out for a test flight and everything on that end worked great.

They work fine remapped. Even the when I use the finger to pan the camera, when I press the "reset gimbal yaw" it recenters like it should. I switched the c1/c2 functions to no avail. I did an RC recalibration. RC function is set to Master. Not sure what else to try but I am sure open to some ideas. I took it out for a test flight and everything on that end worked great.

OK, call me a screw-up, its OK! I figured what I was doing wrong. The selection menu will actually scroll down to reveal the correct option. I chose "switch gimbal mode". Not sure what that does, but the correct option is "gimbal pitch/yaw". Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: The Editor
After update. i flew 5 flights . unable to retain the Return to home height(in case of failure) it reverts back to 0 ....it is a confirmed Bug by DJi (dji Autumn) and dangerous one! Dji autumn is saying that it is not displayed but the aircraft retains it i am not sure because i have not tested it.

my apologies if i have posted it before,... i just think if it is not retaining the height the results in an emergency will be catastrophic at ht of 0 ft.

After update. i flew 5 flights . unable to retain the Return to home height(in case of failure) it reverts back to 0 ....it is a confirmed Bug by DJi (dji Autumn) and dangerous one! Dji autumn is saying that it is not displayed but the aircraft retains it i am not sure because i have not tested it.

my apologies if i have posted it before,... i just think if it is not retaining the height the results in an emergency will be catastrophic at ht of 0 ft.
This is not o. FW v1.2.1.0 though. It is an app bug.

Two flights today and never seen so many red alarms after an update. 1 x I forgot was it was (thats really helpful), 1 x RC loss of contact. On the next flight after updating pilot app to 1.1.0 from previous version, 4 x gimble calibration (was turning the camera trying to do a 360) they came one after the other. The Nvidia shield now seems laggy, when I lower the Inspire it seems to come down wobbly now as if one prop or motor not doing it's fair share and we don't get welcomed any more on start up.
One last thing that was also with the last update and still with me at the moment and I think this is how it goes, but with the adaptive landing gear on, it does not work most of the time. I think the issue is if you take off with auto take off then try and land, most of the time I have to manually put the gear down. Some times I have been hovering 6 inches off he ground and still no lowering. If I manually take off, it works fine and if I return to home, it also works.
Cheers...

I think the issue is if you take off with auto take off then try and land, most of the time I have to manually put the gear down. Some times I have been hovering 6 inches off he ground and still no lowering
You need to climb to a few meters high then come back down, if you stay low it won't come down by itself. Always been like that (it would otherwise just go back down right after going up).
The "calibration failed" is an erroneous message that pops up when you hit the gimbal lateral stops. It's an android-only app issue, nothing to do with firmware.

I see what you are getting at, but I have been coming in to land after a flight and take it down to the 6 inches before I give up. It shoud have come down by then...

On 5th May 2015 I upgraded to firmware 1.2.1.0
Later that day I was descending to land, after a 3 minute flight on a fully charged battery.
It was a calm day sunny day, with no wind.
At about 8m above the ground the Inspire 1 lost all power and crashed.

There is an Incredibly dangerous and potentially fatal floor in this firmware.

Up until this point the performance of the Inspire 1 had been floor less, with multiple firmware upgrades and flights with no problems what so ever.

I am a trained professional and have clocked 170+ hours on my Inspire, and use it commercially to produce aerial video content.

On the 6th May version 1.2.1.03 came out.

Am I the most unlucky SOB ?
Would this crash happened if I hadn't flown on the 5th and upgraded on the 6th ? lol

I have since heard of 4 other craft that have suffer the same fate on 1.2.1.0

If you haven't upgraded to 1.2.1.03, I would highly recommend it !

Que the spelling police ... Seriously !
I post notification of a serious problem to help others and that's all you've got.
You know I mean 'flaw'

Hello, I have been flying my Inspire 1 after upgrading to the May 5th release of 1.2.1.03 on the bird, all batteries and my two remote controllers.

Note: Make sure you upgrade All Hardware and not just the bird it self!

It's been my experience that DJI makes changer that are not sometimes disclosed in the release notes. Seen this seen changes on my bird since day one on the Inspire 1 in a positive note.

So it's my opinion based on my experance that you upgrade your Bird, IOS app, batteries and yes, the remote controllers.

Then do your IMU, compass and preflight check and keep low for one battery use, then make circles CW and CCW, then repete the flight height up to 10 meters so the GPS and Compass work together and test the RTH and Takeoff.

I have had my inspire 1 Since January 5th, and this bird was really sick! So I took my time and only flew no more then a meter each time documented all my observations and sent them directly to DJI and copied them to forums as well.

So that's my advice above.

It sucks to spend $3 + k and keep this bird small flights and grounded, but trust me, I have not crashed it and I am pleased to see that DJI has made tremendous improvements since January 5, 2015.

As of May 8' with this FW and procedure above, I have had no issues with my inspire 1 and its flying flawless up to 390 feet and 1/4 mile from the home point.

I plan on flying later this month to map land boundaries that are over a mile wide and flying 390 feet high will give me some good mapping points.

Keep posting and happy flying!

Best regards,
Steve

Just a quick one.

Updated with firmware and completed test flight.
No problems.
FYI when back home found I could not turn a/c back on if the sd card was not fitted.
After fitting sd card no problem power up as per normal.
Anomaly?

Never had this issue, but, I use my Extra microSD 16gb card only for upgrades and I put it away for the next DJI release. So I always make sure the card is installed in the camera correctly before turning on the power to the inspire1.

Also, I use a USB to microSD card adapter for the RC upgrades.
Hope this information helps!

Best regards,
Steve

Have you tested the fact that:

The aircraft retains the RTH height Even though it does NOT display on the app? or are you taking DJI's word for it?
Confirmation from DJI......Test it for yourself, its pretty easy and safe to do in an open area!

i will retest this again.

I did use the RTH and auto Takeoff and that works fine to me but the RTH to the home point not working. I have to try again.

I will fly 1000 ft away from the takeoff point and then RTH and see if it comes back to the point of takeoff.

Update you all soon.

Best regards,
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjamin123