Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia G'Day from Australia

So my OC application is in and review is slated for some time in April. My trainer believes that CASA has streamlined their process though and it will probably happen in February.

eeee can't wait!

Reactions: Lofty Visions
Hi Guys ,
yeah its good to be all official and working as a COMOP, i do work under another companies UOC untill the waiting line gets closer for me to complete mine.

good old great country this one, more rules , more taxes and longer waits ....
aussie aussie aussie , govern , tax and control

Hi guys, I just heard this on the grapevine:

CASA's PROPOSED CHANGES TO RPAS REGULATIONS DOES NOT GAIN MINISTERIAL APPROVAL.

We've been advised that the new changes that CASA were proposing to RPAS regulations, including the controversial sub 2 kg class, did not make it through the approval process.

What does this mean?

The current rules stay in place meaning all commercial operations require certification, regardless of the weight, and our belief is the sub 2 kg is a dead duck.

That came from my RPAS trainer who knows the RPAS guys from CASA. Good news for UOC holders if it's true

Good news. Like everyone else going through the proper channels, I have invested a lot of time and money in to getting certified. The last thing this industry needs is every Tom, **** and Harry out there taking jobs with their Syma and safety being an afterthought.

Hi guys, I just heard this on the grapevine:

CASA's PROPOSED CHANGES TO RPAS REGULATIONS DOES NOT GAIN MINISTERIAL APPROVAL.

We've been advised that the new changes that CASA were proposing to RPAS regulations, including the controversial sub 2 kg class, did not make it through the approval process.

What does this mean?

The current rules stay in place meaning all commercial operations require certification, regardless of the weight, and our belief is the sub 2 kg is a dead duck.

That came from my RPAS trainer who knows the RPAS guys from CASA. Good news for UOC holders if it's true
This is great news , I just completed my UOC yesterday , 6 hours it took. glad its all done. The inspector was very thorough. We came across some young guy and his Dad fly his Phantom in the city the other night , When we questioned him he replied its under 2 kg so no licence needed , Yeah right. Plus he was flying at night and had kids swarming around him .

6 hours for your assessment?
Yeah it was stinking hot at well . 40 minutes flying , what ever you put in your application is what you will be tested on in your flight test , so I had surveying listed so i had to fly a survey grid, Aerial spotting which was a orbit nose in over a object 100 meters away . all good stuff

Yeah it was stinking hot at well . 40 minutes flying , what ever you put in your application is what you will be tested on in your flight test , so I had surveying listed so i had to fly a survey grid, Aerial spotting which was a orbit nose in over a object 100 meters away . all good stuff

Congrats! Did you fly the grid manually or use automation?

Hi folks, just popped back in to let you know that my UOC test took 5 1/2 hours, 90 minutes of that was the flight test. Carl the CASA guy was a real help and after I'd made adjustments to my manuals I got the UOC certificate emailed to me within a few days of the test. Also got a nice refund too!
(Cheers for the advice, Tony!)

Reactions: southerndoug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorganDimo