Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal motor overload

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me what can the solution is when I get the message 'Gimbal motor overload' on the Inspire 1 please? IMU is calibrated & firmware is the latest.

X3? X5? If X5, which lense? Is the gimbal blocked in any way? Is the gimbal mounted properly? Check the dampers..

unyks, thanks for your reply. Its an X3 and it mounts properly and moves freely. The message flags up even if I don't try to operate the camera about 30 seconds after I power up the aircraft.

Resurrecting this old thread to ask if you replaced the whole camera assymbly to fix this problem, Thanks

UPDATE: After a couple of discussions with DJI tech support resulted in the usual "Send it in to us" I bit the bullet and ordered a new, factory warranted camera. Issue resolved.

Last edited:
please help me guys, just got the inspire and I'm super excited but once I started flying it I got the message saying "Gimbal motor overload" what did you guys end up doing? thank you

please help me guys, just got the inspire and I'm super excited but once I started flying it I got the message saying "Gimbal motor overload" what did you guys end up doing? thank you
Is it new? Contact the seller....I had to buy a new camera as mine was out of warranty..

Reactions: Drew Adames
do you think if I sent it into dji they would replace it or fix it?

You can contact them through the support tab on their website. BTW, never fire up your bird if the camera/gimbal is encumbered from freely calibrating. Never leave your bird on for extended periods of time without flying or having a cooling fan pointed on it. Both of these things can burn up your gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo