Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HeliEngadin Inspire 2 Carbon Fiber folding propellers

I've been considering these props but I have been seeing many reports of stripping issues when installing them. Is this attributed to carelessness, wrong tools, or are the mounts just a challenge?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this was not do to wrong tools, or carelessness. Have you read some of the posts here? Many of these people are pros. The problem can be too much lock tight by DJI, different tolerances, bad luck (my case).

Yesterday night, started the adventure by changing my stock props to folding ones.
Like many other here, stripped one of the eight screws.
Using the T9 tool, slowly by turning back and forth to unlock the loctite crap (sorry).
Nothing helps and one screw was stripped.
Starting to melt the plastic slowly and carefully to make enough room for a tool and hold the screw head, finely after two hours with luck got to unscrew. What a relief

Reactions: deltalimatango
Hi all,

Just mounted my brand new HeliEngadin Inspire 2 Carbon Fiber folding propellers ... design and quality are really great ... i just get the message below in the Go4 app just after taking off :

Propeller error do not use plateau propellers at low altitudes .

Does anybody know why and what are possible consequences ???

Thanks in advance

I also had the same error message. Along with erratic flight 3'-5' off the ground. I had the props extended prior to lift off so I'm not sure what happened as it flew fine afterwards.

So far I'm not sure I'm pleased with my purchase.

Pros:
-Significantly quieter (I operate mostly on golf courses around other golfers, so this is a HUGE plus)
-Quicker set up and take down before and after flights.
-Seems to be a bit more responsive
-Esthetics (the carbon fiber looks pretty nice with the carbon fiber arms)
-Solid build, no more red prop chatter.

Cons:
-Required quite a bit of modification to my GPC landing mode case.
-The controller has to be out of the case prior to putting the I2 into the case due to obstruction from the cross bar on the front of the controller.
-Price
-Uncertainty of wear and tear on the motors due not being factory.
-Instability upon take off (2 out of 6 lift offs)

Again, I have very mixed feelings about this purchase. If it weren't for the fact that I almost wrecked my I2 on first take off, I would be a huge advocate. But with those in mind I'm thinking about taking them off. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2065.JPG
    IMG_2065.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2066.JPG
    IMG_2066.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: DamesNY
I also had the same error message. Along with erratic flight 3'-5' off the ground. I had the props extended prior to lift off so I'm not sure what happened as it flew fine afterwards.

So far I'm not sure I'm pleased with my purchase.

Pros:
-Significantly quieter (I operate mostly on golf courses around other golfers, so this is a HUGE plus)
-Quicker set up and take down before and after flights.
-Seems to be a bit more responsive
-Esthetics (the carbon fiber looks pretty nice with the carbon fiber arms)
-Solid build, no more red prop chatter.

Cons:
-Required quite a bit of modification to my GPC landing mode case.
-The controller has to be out of the case prior to putting the I2 into the case due to obstruction from the cross bar on the front of the controller.
-Price
-Uncertainty of wear and tear on the motors due not being factory.
-Instability upon take off (2 out of 6 lift offs)

Again, I have very mixed feelings about this purchase. If it weren't for the fact that I almost wrecked my I2 on first take off, I would be a huge advocate. But with those in mind I'm thinking about taking them off. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cons:
-You knew what you were getting when you bought them. People have documented this from the very beginning. You have permanently mounted props. Kind of comes with the territory.
-Again, how is this a con. You decided on the CF props.
-Uhhhh, again, you knew this going in. Why complain about it after the purchase?
-Valid point but many have used CF props without reporting any significant wear and tear, however you do raise an interesting debate.
-We all get this "shudder" at take off. Due to the centrifugal force pushing the props into position. Once properly extended they (at least mine) operate as promised.

Cons aside, I have noticed that maybe the speed is down a bit from the 98 kmph I had with the original props but I rarely if ever chase something on the water moving that fast. Surely much quieter than the flexing original props. The only thing that I really noticed is the shudder at take off but that is due to the props positioning themselves. Oh, I did get the "high altitude" warning a few times but no longer.

Cons:
-You knew what you were getting when you bought them. People have documented this from the very beginning. You have permanently mounted props. Kind of comes with the territory.
-Uhhhh, again, you knew this going in. Why complain about it after the purchase?
-Valid point but many have used CF props without reporting any significant wear and tear, however you do raise an interesting debate.
-We all get this "shudder" at take off. Due to the centrifugal force pushing the props into position. Once properly extended they (at least mine) operate as promised.

Cons aside, I have noticed that maybe the speed is down a bit from the 98 kmph I had with the original props but I rarely if ever chase something on the water moving that fast. Surely much quieter than the flexing original props. The only thing that I really noticed is the shudder at take off but that is due to the props positioning themselves. Oh, I did get the "high altitude" warning a few times but no longer.
One more point that we must consider, ones the flight simulator will be available, don't forget to take off the props :D

Reactions: deltalimatango
Cons:

Deltalimatango- thanks for your input. However, I don't need a lecture about what I should have and shouldn't have known. I was simply stating the pros and cons, in my opinion, for others to consider when purchasing. Yes, a few of the downfalls I knew prior to purchasing. They weren't discussed in detail however, and I was elaborating. I shouldn't need to explain myself any further, but it seems that these forums are full of people who feel they need to lecture and play teacher in a very adolescent manner.

Now, I do have a question that maybe someone could answer without being an over critical smart ***. How tight should the lock nuts be? Are the props supposed to be able to move rather freely? Or should they be somewhat difficult to move? I am curious as this my have to do with extending the amount of time of shudder and may be what cause md my erratic takeoff. Any thoughts?

I would send that question to the people that made these props. They are pretty good at responding quickly. I am too wondering the same thing.

Deltalimatango- thanks for your input. However, I don't need a lecture about what I should have and shouldn't have known. I was simply stating the pros and cons, in my opinion, for others to consider when purchasing. Yes, a few of the downfalls I knew prior to purchasing. They weren't discussed in detail however, and I was elaborating. I shouldn't need to explain myself any further, but it seems that these forums are full of people who feel they need to lecture and play teacher in a very adolescent manner.

Now, I do have a question that maybe someone could answer without being an over critical smart ***. How tight should the lock nuts be? Are the props supposed to be able to move rather freely? Or should they be somewhat difficult to move? I am curious as this my have to do with extending the amount of time of shudder and may be what cause md my erratic takeoff. Any thoughts?
Folding props (on any airframe) should not be too stiff so that the rotation of the props does not extend them fully, however they should not be too loose either since deceleration in that instance would cause issues.
A good rule of thumb is to torque the retaining fastenings so that when the aircraft is tipped on its side the prop just about stays where it is folded (but only just).
I hope that is of some help.

It seems that my props vary in degrees of "staying in place" when torqued. As mentioned I didn't want to over-tighten nor have them so loose that deceleration might cause instability. The Editor seems to offer the best advice as there doesn't seem to be a constant.

Last edited:
I used a TX8. Held the TX8 tightly in the bolt head and turned very slowly. No heating. None of the eight bolts/screws were stripped.

Same I used a standard T8 on a Milwaukee screw driver with all bits held in the handle. Product code 48-22-2103
There is a big difference in Bit quality. With the torx/Star drive this has now become our go to fastening on site these days with large volumes of these fastenings arriving in from a company called Wurth and other screw manufactures we use either the Wurth German bits or the Festool German bits
Screw quality and bit quality is paramount with any fastening. I would be really surprised if DJI were using crap quality fastenings otherwise these very expensive drones would be dropping like flys.
As a general rule with any tool you pay for what you get so if you buy these stupidly expensive props shelling out for a stupidly expensive screwdriver should not be much of an issue. I did both and these props are **** sexy

I used a T8 until I got to the 4th rotor which had T9 screws.
:confused:
Odd!!!
The screws were all very difficult to remove, but I got them out.
They must be using the permanent red thread locker instead of the blue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet