Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 update problems

Reaction score
Me and my brother both have inspire 1 V1 with the x3 cam. My Inspire with the X3 is fully up to date. My brothers is not. I ended up borrowing his x3 cam for my inspire because mine broke and I needed it for a shoot. I put it on and asked if it was ok to update the cam to the newest firmware, which I did. I used the cam and it worked fine. So my brother hit me up today after he discovered that the updated cam isn't working properly because the camera is on the newest firmware and his inspire is not. He tried to update the inspire but it will not take the newest firmware because the camera is already on the newest one. We are stuck and have no clue how to update his inspire now. Help!!

Me and my brother both have inspire 1 V1 with the x3 cam. My Inspire with the X3 is fully up to date. My brothers is not. I ended up borrowing his x3 cam for my inspire because mine broke and I needed it for a shoot. I put it on and asked if it was ok to update the cam to the newest firmware, which I did. I used the cam and it worked fine. So my brother hit me up today after he discovered that the updated cam isn't working properly because the camera is on the newest firmware and his inspire is not. He tried to update the inspire but it will not take the newest firmware because the camera is already on the newest one. We are stuck and have no clue how to update his inspire now. Help!!

Update inspire without camera installed. Should be ok from there.

I'm with ya. I've stopped an am holding steady at v1.08.xx. Rock solid. No problems. That said...

Tell your brother to reinstall his current bird FW through the camera MicroSD card. This *should* bring the camera back to his version. Beware, that if he's running v1.08.xx like I am, he will have to downgrade the camera to v1.09.xx (which MAY updgrade the bird to v1.09.xx) and then downgrade both to v1.08.xx. I've never done this, but I extrapolated this procedure based on my fairly vast experience with FW updates and DJI's downgrade procedures. In theory, this should work.

Disclaimer: DJI FW has its fair share of bugs, so he may have to try this several times. I would keep notes of what he did in what order to make sure you don't simply repeat failed procedures. That said... sometimes repeating a failed procedure DOES work. So I would try everything twice before I label it as "failed." Yes...a real pain in the arse...

Good luck! And please report your results.

having had plenty of dji firmware problems myself and I am sure Donnie Frank has more experience than me, can I just add that the firmware wont let you go back more than one version. I tried to go back from version10 through 9 back to 8 (cant be bothered with the full names) and it wont let you. It may have been the case previously but not now.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
having had plenty of dji firmware problems myself and I am sure Donnie Frank has more experience than me, can I just add that the firmware wont let you go back more than one version. I tried to go back from version10 through 9 back to 8 (cant be bothered with the full names) and it wont let you. It may have been the case previously but not now.

I essentially said exactly this, but not quite as clearly as you said it....<:^)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu