Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Upgrading From X3 To X5

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade to an X5 and was wondering if it is absolutely necessary to upgrade the motors on my I1 600? I'm trying my hardest to not upgrade to an I2 at this time. Lol

I have seen many replies to this both from users and from DJI who all agree that there is no need to change the motors.

Reactions: The Editor
What he said ^^^^^^^^^ :)

Absolutely no need to change/'upgrade' the motors whatsoever.

I've been flying with x5bsince it came out with absolutely no problems on my inspire V1.
I'm also not convinced it was a worthwhile upgrade camera wise

Reactions: John Archer
I've even flown for a while with the X5R with the stock v1 motors. No problem at all.

I've been flying with x5bsince it came out with absolutely no problems on my inspire V1.
I'm also not convinced it was a worthwhile upgrade camera wise
The better glass options for the X5 were not worth the venture beyond the X3?

I disagree. The better glass options is THE reason to upgrade. That is why I did it. Search YouTube for Inspire 1 X5 videos with the Olympus 45mm. You just can't achieve that look with the X3 camera and fixed aperture. For what it's worth, I'm flying a V1 T-600 Inspire on original motors/esc.

Reactions: CrimzonRider
I have upgraded to theX5, nice bit of kit but a lot more to learn. However I do get a screen warning sometimes saying motor over temp, but is is only for short time so never quite got to the bottom of it. Anyone else have the same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers