Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 handles

If you have both hands occupied with the I2 handles, how do you stop the motors?
Aircraft is designed for two RC's - one for the pilot and one for the camera operator so the camera operator could catch the drone while the pilot stops the motors.... That being said, my wife is the camera operator for our I1 and I2 and she would never attempt to catch either ;-) but if I caught it she could stop the motors for me - with the landing gear issue on our I2 and DJI maintaining silence regarding the problem, I am seriously considering purchasing a pair of the handles just in case my landing gear manual workaround fails at some point in the future...

Yesterday I have some parts where I was able to produce and mount some carbon fiber handles to my I2 frame but when I was looking it over with the handles attached to the CF tube that runs between the motors. After my assessment I do not think it would be a wise idea to do this because the rotational torque for that tube is not strong enough and I can see it easily cause damage with pushing the motors on the frame out of rotational alignment.

If you are careful by keeping the pressure between the two handles equal, I could say it would be fine, however I can it easily damaging the arm's alignment.

I went back to look at the video at the very beginning of this thread and if you look close enough you will see they actually mounted a block taping it to the bottom of the T joint and having the handle come off that other then actually attaching it to the CF cross tube.

I only putting this up here to just as keep you eye out and maybe give some food for thought.

Any balance issues after mounting the handles?

Thanks
Haven't had a single problem at all so far. Made sure to mount them evenly and at equal angles. They're also extremely lightweight and hardly noticeable. I did remount them a little farther up from where they were in the pic just recently but still haven't had any issues. Also makes a great handheld gimbal.

Haven't had a single problem at all so far. Made sure to mount them evenly and at equal angles. They're also extremely lightweight and hardly noticeable. I did remount them a little farther up from where they were in the pic just recently but still haven't had any issues. Also makes a great handheld gimbal.

Awesome! Thanks.

Hey NoSung7. I'm seeing you custom design your I2 nicely. Did you use vinyl wraps, paint stencils? Did you found an Inspire 2 template to cut out on a plotter?

thanks!
Hiya DobIW, The base colors (Pearlescent Red, Brass, Aluminum, White) were airbrushed on and finished matte. This involved tearing apart the shell and removing any electronics, lights, buttons that could get exposed to the paint. Basically everything from the shell (Also voiding warranty I'm sure). The white on the back sensor, Mercy on the nose, as well as the logos on the batteries are vinyl cuts. There is a little more work to be done (Reworking the brass to shine a little more and a few other details). Overall I'm very happy with how it turned out. Also the RC signal is still crystal clear if anyone is wondering.

Reactions: WilmerCB
Hiya DobIW, The base colors (Pearlescent Red, Brass, Aluminum, White) were airbrushed on and finished matte. This involved tearing apart the shell and removing any electronics, lights, buttons that could get exposed to the paint. Basically everything from the shell (Also voiding warranty I'm sure). The white on the back sensor, Mercy on the nose, as well as the logos on the batteries are vinyl cuts. There is a little more work to be done (Reworking the brass to shine a little more and a few other details). Overall I'm very happy with how it turned out. Also the RC signal is still crystal clear if anyone is wondering.

Well, looks awesome! I was wondering were to find a template for the I2 body. That's part of my studio, I do sublimation, decals ...custom design. So I'm trying to do a skin for the I2.

On the handles, do they rotate, they adjust on takeoff and landing gear modes? thanks.

Well, looks awesome! I was wondering were to find a template for the I2 body. That's part of my studio, I do sublimation, decals ...custom design. So I'm trying to do a skin for the I2.

On the handles, do they rotate, they adjust on takeoff and landing gear modes? thanks.
Thanks! Sounds like you have a fun job! Unfortunately I haven't seen any I2 layouts. I'm guessing Decalgirl may be one of the first to design one, but who knows. As for the handles, they stay static and don't change angle at all when changing between modes.

Reactions: WilmerCB
Thanks! Sounds like you have a fun job! Unfortunately I haven't seen any I2 layouts. I'm guessing Decalgirl may be one of the first to design one, but who knows. As for the handles, they stay static and don't change angle at all when changing between modes.

I did check Decalgirl, they look good! Since I have all the equipment on my studio I'll try to make my own. I'll be getting the handles since the I2 is a great steady cam too! Thanks

I did check Decalgirl, they look good! Since I have all the equipment on my studio I'll try to make my own. I'll be getting the handles since the I2 is a great steady cam too! Thanks
I for sure want to see your I2 when finished!

Let see how it goes! I'll definitely post some pics it came out good. I'm working on products services towards my fundings for my Car Wraps certification, Remote PIC certification and Private Pilot License. Does are my goals at my studio right now.
You could also do some Wip pics and updates too. Kind of wish I had done that. Oh and Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77