Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
I had the same dilemma as the OP and went with the P4P as a backup machine to my Inspire 1 Pro since I'm also a single operator and mostly do photo work. I've had the P4P for about a week. I was considering the Mavic as a backup drone but the sensor isn't up to my professional standards (still an excellent drone though).

I also completely agree that the P4P looks like a toy and for me, a guy who swore I'd never buy a Phantom, it's been a tough week of eating crow.

That all being said, the P4P is a very nice machine so far and I'm impressed with the photo and video quality. When I'm flying, I just look at the monitor and try to forget that I've got what has become the notorious icon for all things "bad drone". Maybe if business is really good this summer and I get more video work I'll move to the I2, but for now I own a Phantom even though I hate Phantoms.

- Matt the Phantom Hypocrite
So sorry for being OT, but how do the stills of the P4P compare to the X5 - are they as good???

Reactions: zulu
I have both, but have not been able to fly the p4p yet since it has been raining, but from what I have seen the x5 takes better pictures.

I can post some raw images once the weather clears up.

So sorry for being OT, but how do the stills of the P4P compare to the X5 - are they as good???

Although the sensor on the P4P is vastly improved over the old X3 and original P4, the superior lenses available to the X5 plus the MFT sensor put it above and beyond the P4P. So for me the X5 still beats the P4P for stills.

Where I see the P4P fitting in is for confined areas where the obstacle avoidance is called for or when the mission risk isn't worth putting a $2000 camera up (i.e. mapping missions).

No, just replying back to Highrmp955's post in case he was buying the Inspire 2...we have them due to arrive really soon (premium combo).
That much I was able to figure out ... Pardon my ignorance, perhaps I do not understand the purpose of this noble forum I'm frequently visiting since fall 2015 ... I was under impression that the forum exists for one and only reason: to share our knowledge about Inspire class drones. Knowing that your company is wiling to sell Inspire 2 doesn't help us much since hundreds of others can do exactly the same. Said that, please convince us why your offer is of better value? What are the benefits of purchasing the Inspire 2 from Florida Drone Supply rather than from - say - Kentucky Aerial EQ (assuming that such business name exists)?

That much I was able to figure out ... Pardon my ignorance, perhaps I do not understand the purpose of this noble forum I'm frequently visiting since fall 2015 ... I was under impression that the forum exists for one and only reason: to share our knowledge about Inspire class drones. Knowing that your company is wiling to sell Inspire 2 doesn't help us much since hundreds of others can do exactly the same. Said that, please convince us why your offer is of better value? What are the benefits of purchasing the Inspire 2 from Florida Drone Supply rather than from - say - Kentucky Aerial EQ (assuming that such business name exists)?
Florida Drone Supplier may be an approved advertiser on the forum which gives them extra posting rights. Our esteemed moderators may chip in to answer your question from a position aurhority. Messaging them is a better option if you are concerned.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Last edited:
The Inspire 1 Pro with a good set of lenses is hard to beat.
HighRPM,

Can you please elaborate more on your comment?

I'm contiplating between the P4pro vs Inspire 1 Pro. I like the option of being able to put a zoom lens on the Inspire 1 Pro.

Is the camera still better than the p4 pro?

HighRPM,

Can you please elaborate more on your comment?

I'm contiplating between the P4pro vs Inspire 1 Pro. I like the option of being able to put a zoom lens on the Inspire 1 Pro.

Is the camera still better than the p4 pro?
Actually any compatible zoom lens on X5 camera will deliver poor-er quality images when compared with prime lenses. Forget about smooth zooming in video, no way. Bottom line: if still photography is your main goal, the Inspire 1 Pro with good set of lenses is hard to beat indeed. Video is another story ... Although the quality is acceptable to many YouTubers, most professional users complains about low bitrate and noticeable compression artifacts, particularly in 4K format. This issue is partially addressed with P4Pro, Inspire 1 RAW and Inspire 2 generation of drones. Therefore Inspire 1 RAW will provide the best of both worlds, considering relatively low cost when compared to a top-notch Inspire 2.

Reactions: DigitalDrone
Dobmatt,

Thanks for the question…happy to throw a couple things out there for you and others to consider.

First I think there are a lot of great options out there for buying DJI products. We have heard from our own customers about the benefits of buying from a dealer who has deep product knowledge - and how that becomes helpful - especially to users who are buying a product for the first time.

We, like any good dealer of any product, try to go above and beyond for our clients as much as possible. We all know if takes a lot of good results to a client to share their experience - and not a lot of bad results to get the same person talking.

As an example of some of the things we do, there are 2 Inspire Forum members we have reached out to in an effort to help refer business to them. We were aware of a potentially large commercial project in the area, as well as other projects we get asked to do and can not accommodate. We are even helping some people new to the Inspire platform hone their skills to be able to work with us (or just take referral business from us) locally.

There are another couple forum members that have equipment for sale that we reached out to in an effort to help them sell because we know of people looking to get some used gear (because the cost of new is a little too high for them). We don’t want a cut for being in the middle - we just know both parties will remember us when they need something else.

We are keeping dealer demos of most every product for local clients to “try before you buy”. Next week we are bringing an M600 and an X5R to an Inspire Forum member to try out on a job he is doing. Another person is coming over from the Miami area to try the same thing and a couple other products.

We are also opening a P4 Pro to “borrow” the battery for another client with a job coming up that is short on batteries for a new P4 Pro + they have. We will just make it a dealer demo when the new high capacity batteries become available and we can replace it.

As for the comment I made in this thread, if a person thinking about picking up the I2 were to go on a pre-order list now with someone they would not get one of the first units making its way to the US (most likely). I threw out the idea of purchasing one from us in order to have it right away - and be part of the group that can say they got them first. Some pro users like to make sure their clients know they always have the latest and greatest - so maybe it would help them in that way.

I know that forums want knowledge, contribution and revenue from their sponsors. We are making an effort to provide all three. We pay to advertise across Mavic Pilots, Phantom Pilots and Inspire Pilots and are looking to be a resource for everyone who participates on those forums. It takes hours every day to read, reply, track and respond to people and we try to do as much as we can.

I hope that helps - and as IrishSights mentioned we can certainly continue this further in a PM if you would like.

Thanks everyone - and sorry to have sidetracked the thread in any way.

Actually any compatible zoom lens on X5 camera will deliver poor-er quality images when compared with prime lenses. Forget about smooth zooming in video, no way. Bottom line: if still photography is your main goal, the Inspire 1 Pro with good set of lenses is hard to beat indeed. Video is another story ... Although the quality is acceptable to many YouTubers, most professional users complains about low bitrate and noticeable compression artifacts, particularly in 4K format. This issue is partially addressed with P4Pro, Inspire 1 RAW and Inspire 2 generation of drones. Therefore Inspire 1 RAW will provide the best of both worlds, considering relatively low cost when compared to a top-notch Inspire 2.

Thanks for the info!

What is your opinion on the Z3 camera?

Just my thoughts. Unless you are doing serious movie or documentary TV work there is not much point in buying a I2P. Your first reply is right the Phantoms are brilliant beginner aircraft. You would find it hard to beat I1P with X5R

What is your opinion on the Z3 camera? How is the video quality compared to zoom lens on X5?

The Z3 suffers for the same problems as the X3 and the X5 in terms of video - 60 MB/s bitrate just isn't enough to handle D-log 4K. The zoom is nice on the Z3, but the camera is really just an X3 with a 3x optical zoom lens that is primarily intended for inspection work still photography. I don't use mine for video at all. For stills, the Z3 also uses the same 1/2.3 sensor that is on the X3 & P4, so we're back to the X5 being the superior still camera.

The advantage of the Z3 for me is because I fly at high altitude, I lose about 20% battery life when hauling the X5. With the Z3, I generally get 15-16 minutes flight time. Here's a sample photo from the Z3:

28501028960_d3c8a278a2_b.jpg

Bottom line is that whether or not the Z3 is a good purchase depends on your planned use. If your primary thing is going to be video, I do not recommend the Z3.

Dobmatt,

Thanks for the question…happy to throw a couple things out there for you and others to consider.

First I think there are a lot of great options out there for buying DJI products. We have heard from our own customers about the benefits of buying from a dealer who has deep product knowledge - and how that becomes helpful - especially to users who are buying a product for the first time.

We, like any good dealer of any product, try to go above and beyond for our clients as much as possible. We all know if takes a lot of good results to a client to share their experience - and not a lot of bad results to get the same person talking.

As an example of some of the things we do, there are 2 Inspire Forum members we have reached out to in an effort to help refer business to them. We were aware of a potentially large commercial project in the area, as well as other projects we get asked to do and can not accommodate. We are even helping some people new to the Inspire platform hone their skills to be able to work with us (or just take referral business from us) locally.

There are another couple forum members that have equipment for sale that we reached out to in an effort to help them sell because we know of people looking to get some used gear (because the cost of new is a little too high for them). We don’t want a cut for being in the middle - we just know both parties will remember us when they need something else.

We are keeping dealer demos of most every product for local clients to “try before you buy”. Next week we are bringing an M600 and an X5R to an Inspire Forum member to try out on a job he is doing. Another person is coming over from the Miami area to try the same thing and a couple other products.

We are also opening a P4 Pro to “borrow” the battery for another client with a job coming up that is short on batteries for a new P4 Pro + they have. We will just make it a dealer demo when the new high capacity batteries become available and we can replace it.

As for the comment I made in this thread, if a person thinking about picking up the I2 were to go on a pre-order list now with someone they would not get one of the first units making its way to the US (most likely). I threw out the idea of purchasing one from us in order to have it right away - and be part of the group that can say they got them first. Some pro users like to make sure their clients know they always have the latest and greatest - so maybe it would help them in that way.

I know that forums want knowledge, contribution and revenue from their sponsors. We are making an effort to provide all three. We pay to advertise across Mavic Pilots, Phantom Pilots and Inspire Pilots and are looking to be a resource for everyone who participates on those forums. It takes hours every day to read, reply, track and respond to people and we try to do as much as we can.

I hope that helps - and as IrishSights mentioned we can certainly continue this further in a PM if you would like.

Thanks everyone - and sorry to have sidetracked the thread in any way.

Hey there FDS,
I am one of those that you mention, 333, 107,107.29 waiver, class D waivers etc......I bought the whole shooting match from DJI and am still awaiting "processing." They haven't dinged my card for the setup yet...$9400+. If you really are getting the premiums soon (I question that though, I was told by DJI yesterday that they haven't shipped ANY yet, but I find that statement suspect....then I would happily cancel my premium order and buy from you. They told me that my unit is set to ship on 1/5 and my "accessories" second controller, batteries, props, follow focus, SSD, reader et al isn't going to ship until 1/15.
Any actual info on this or just the DJI stock answer?
Kindest, Clay

Thanks Clay. Sounds like you have a nice package ordered. Its true that none have left the factory (that we are aware of). Myself and another large dealer were both told that we were going to see shipping of these next week. That being said, we had been told the same thing a week prior as well. Our order is part of a very large order placed the morning of the product launch so we think we are getting some of the first ones to arrive in the US. They have been a little quiet on what accessories are going to ship. In prior launches batteries have been a little delayed so that might be the case this time as well. We are hoping they launch with some stock of everything as this machine is targeted to a user who needs most of the accessories to operate...I think we will know in a couple days.

Where are you located?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu