Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the Inspire 1 Raw still viable? Or is the Inspire 2 taking over

Reaction score
Guys, I'm debating with myself if I should get the Inspire 1 with X5R camera and dual remote for only 3000$, is it still worth it? Since the Inspire 2 is out a while now... Is there a big difference between the two drones?
Because for 3000$ you could only buy the inspire 2 body... without camera or anything.

Guys, I'm debating with myself if I should get the Inspire 1 with X5R camera and dual remote for only 3000$, is it still worth it? Since the Inspire 2 is out a while now... Is there a big difference between the two drones?
Because for 3000$ you could only buy the inspire 2 body... without camera or anything.

THe X5r is a good camera, can it compare to the X5s or the X7? The X5s has about 1 1/4 stops more dynamic range and a bit better low light. The X7 is closer to 2 1/2 stops better dynamic range (Real World testing) and much better low light. Then there is the file output, the X5r doesnt do ProRes (Well you can transcode the Cinema DNG file on your computer...) which is a big deal and the X5r has a HORRIBLE Raw workflow

At this time the Inspire 2 is a better platform with better cameras. Yes you can still work with it but if someone in your market has an Inspire 2 with an X5S or X7 they will have the better equipped more in demand setup

Reactions: DavidK
Nothing the I2 can do, the I1 can't. Don't fall for the trap of giving DJI more money for the "best & greatest." And don't bet DJI isn't already working on the "next best thing." Got my I1 Pro in 2015, still going strong w/ multiple sensors (X3,X5, Z3, XT).

You are't shooting for film and TV if that's the case. Right now the X7 is the minimum camera for Network shows and films

You are't shooting for film and TV if that's the case. Right now the X7 is the minimum camera for Network shows and films
Really? I hear you but doubt that, at least not at the Dutch networks. I am competing for jobs at the networks with guys with consumer grade Uneeqs. For real! (I don't even know how to spell that brand name, which I'm not sorry for). And they have no license, but happen to work there as camera man and take their drone with them while on a shoot. They show the footage happily on the eight o'clock news. Very frustrating to say the least. My X5,Z3 and even X3 are all better than a 800$ uneeq can ever offer. They also have Mavic Pro's by the way, for real.
My I1 serves me very well and I wouldn't even think about replacing it with an I2. This is one good horse. Probably the best piece of electronic equipement I have ever possessed. It still amazes me every day. A joy to fly. Bit of a shame I can't use it recreational all too often.

My shots with Z3 and X3 of a unique bicycle bridge which I shot for the city of Utrecht have been used for an international film production about bicycles in the worlds largest cities. It is being shown on television networks in cities from New York to Tokio to create awareness about possible solutions for large cities to become more sustainable and better place to live. The director never had any problem with the quality and format of the footage I delivered. It will be on Discovery soon they recently told me.

Really? I hear you but doubt that, at least not at the Dutch networks. I am competing for jobs at the networks with guys with consumer grade Uneeqs. For real! (I don't even know how to spell that brand name, which I'm not sorry for). And they have no license, but happen to work there as camera man and take their drone with them while on a shoot. They show the footage happily on the eight o'clock news. Very frustrating to say the least. My X5,Z3 and even X3 are all better than a 800$ uneeq can ever offer. They also have Mavic Pro's by the way, for real.
My I1 serves me very well and I wouldn't even think about replacing it with an I2. This is one good horse. Probably the best piece of electronic equipement I have ever possessed. It still amazes me every day. A joy to fly. Bit of a shame I can't use it recreational all too often.

My shots with Z3 and X3 of a unique bicycle bridge which I shot for the city of Utrecht have been used for an international film production about bicycles in the worlds largest cities. It is being shown on television networks in cities from New York to Tokio to create awareness about possible solutions for large cities to become more sustainable and better place to live. The director never had any problem with the quality and format of the footage I delivered. It will be on Discovery soon they recently told me.
upload_2018-5-8_1-14-54.jpeg
Kewl:cool:

Reactions: lake_flyer
Except for flight time, speed and being able to fly modern cameras.
LOL So within a cycle of, what, 3 years max, cameras become classic?
What a world. Really, we should stop accelerating our consumption exponentially and use what we have to the full. My classic I1 is as good as it was the first day (better even, after all flaws have finally been programmed out). I read that the I2 still has toothing aches, POI is finally there, pfff, even while an I3 is already around the next corner.
The price one has to keep paying to have the latest and greatest.

Reactions: Jim Weist
I1 is still pretty good but the x5s is much better than the x5R in image stability and noise handling(I’ve experience with both cameras).

Depends on your competitors and clients expectations really.
You might be able to buy a slightly used I1 for very cheap, even if you buy an I2 or I3 later the I1 would make a good backup unit and probably pay for itself in a few flights.

I love my Inspire raw despite flying the I2 but the video from the x5R is becoming dated. I’d love it if camera tech stalled at this point but it’s still improving markedly and as this happens client expectations rise to match it. Ignoring the trend is a good way to unsatisfied clients.

Nothing the I2 can do, the I1 can't. Don't fall for the trap of giving DJI more money for the "best & greatest." And don't bet DJI isn't already working on the "next best thing." Got my I1 Pro in 2015, still going strong w/ multiple sensors (X3,X5, Z3, XT).
Except ProRes, ProRes RAW, 100 mbps H.264/265, 14 bit color depth, 14 stop DR, 6k resolution, and the I2 has a pilot-cam (albeit just about as crappy a one as they could have managed), dual batteries, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour