Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Left Side Blur/Focus Issue?

Reaction score
I think I am having a focus issue with my 25mm lens. Both images are screenshots from the video.

The left side looks out of focus, but I am not sure how to correct it. I have tried filming at 5.6 and 9 aperture, but they both show the same blur on the left side. The lens is clear and has no smudges, or anything thing cosmetically that I can tell that is causing this.

I have tried both auto focus and manual, but bot do this.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Here is a video.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 7.36.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 7.30.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Have another lens to compare it to and rule this one out? If another lens has more even sharpness across the frame then it points to the lens being bad.

If another lens is also bad, then it could be the sensor is titled a bit in the body or de-centered a bit into the softer outer edges of the lens, although I would guess the later would also be dimmer in light so the tilted part might be more accurate as to why.

But I agree with you something isn't right. Fwiw, I returned a P4 for having a soft left side too, but it has a non-removable lens.

I just did a few tests with the lens on my G7, and it turned out to be a filter that I just got on Tuesday.

Time to return it :/

I think I am having a focus issue with my 25mm lens. Both images are screenshots from the video.

The left side looks out of focus, but I am not sure how to correct it. I have tried filming at 5.6 and 9 aperture, but they both show the same blur on the left side. The lens is clear and has no smudges, or anything thing cosmetically that I can tell that is causing this.

I have tried both auto focus and manual, but bot do this.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Here is a video.

View attachment 11749 View attachment 11750
When I saw your thread title I thought "Here we go, Mavic lens fiasco all over again" :p

I am glad it was just the filter, and not the camera. I did not know filters could be this bad.

It was a polaroid filter, and I have used them in the past without issue, but this one is defective.

Time to wait for new ones to come in now.

I had to send my X5s in to DJI to be replaced for this issue. Mine was an actual issue with the camera. across multiple lenses you could see the "defocus" like the sensor was not parallel with the Lens mount.

Here is the link:
Possible issue with my X5s?

I had to send my X5s in to DJI to be replaced for this issue. Mine was an actual issue with the camera. across multiple lenses you could see the "defocus" like the sensor was not parallel with the Lens mount.

Here is the link:
Possible issue with my X5s?

Mine still has an issue with the 25mm, and auto focus. Auto focus is not usable. Does your new camera do the same thing?

Did it do the same thing using manual focus? the 15mm does not seem to have a problem, but it could be that it is not magnified when compared to the 25mm.

25mm manual focus
25mm.png

15mm auto focus
15mm.png

Did it do the same thing using manual focus? the 15mm does not seem to have a problem, but it could be that it is not magnified when compared to the 25mm.

25mm manual focus
25mm.png

15mm auto focus
15mm.png

I have noticed a left side blur issue on my 25mm zuiko also. It's pretty bad at F2 and larger apertures. By 5.6 it clears up though. I only have this on the 25, not the 15 or the 45, so I am pretty sure it's the lens. Anyone sent their 25 back to Olympus for repair for this? Just curious if they got it fixed and how much it cost.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I will report back if the blur is gone.

It was $110.00 for the repair.

Item Description: M.25mm f1.8 BLK
Return Reason: Normal Repair
Product Serial #: 345029898
Date Received: 2/16/2017
Receiving Text: N/A
Date Approved: 2/20/2017
Shipping Method: ups std

Details of Repair: REPAIRED: Cleaning, Optical cleaning internal and external, recalibration, repair, firmware

Completed repair details will be noted on your packing slip which is attached to the outside of the packing box. Please be sure to look for this when you receive your package.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I will report back if the blur is gone.

Details of Repair: REPAIRED: Cleaning, Optical cleaning internal and external, recalibration, repair, firmware

Completed repair details will be noted on your packing slip which is attached to the outside of the packing box. Please be sure to look for this when you receive your package.

How come they charged you $110 for the repair? I would think it would be a warranty fix?

I purchased it from a guy at work so it was not covered by warranty. There would have been no charge if it was under warranty.

Thanks!! I just sent mine in. Let me know if it's fixed.

Same issue. I think it has something to do with the calibration.

The packing slip also stated that there might be something wrong with the camera. I will make a copy and post it when I get home.

I shipped the lens in to be repaired. The packing slip showed that the camera could be the issue. Not the lens.

IMG_1225.JPG

Last edited:
I shipped the lens in to be repaired. The packing slip showed that the camera could be the issue. Not the lens.

View attachment 13000
After this repair solved the problem or it will be problem in the camera?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74