Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for infrared options for a Inspire 1

Reaction score
I have a client that I have just recently started mapping a couple of their Landfills and they asked me to look into some infrared options for a Composting site they have. As far as I know the XT is the only option

its the quickest and most integrated option - as in it plugs straight into the Inspire 1 gimbal and can be controlled through the Go app. if your in the UK, heliguy rents them for £250 a day if you need to try one.

Thanks I was thinking that as well, my client wants to buy the camera and I use it to do the mapping for them. I guess that will be my recommendation. Thanks again

Bob,

We pick our one up tomorrow and have been researching this subject until the cows come home.

The 640 x 580 or whatever they have is the pixel size of the image. Multiply those numbers and you get the image size.

There are many cameras in the XT range and it really depends what your customer is looking for. If he wants to be able to view the temperature on each and every pixel in the image then the camera must be radiometric. The more pixels the more ground you cover in each photo. BUT!!! It also depends on the lens size. Bigger lens less area in the photo but much more densely populated temperature information. If your customer is just looking for hotspots then a center metering thermal image may be all he needs. That is there is a temperature scale up the side of the image and the image colors correspond to that bar.

You can spend $2000 and be successful or you can spend $10,000. Its horses for courses. Just some horses cost a friggen lot more than others.

The company I'm doing the mapping for is a compost recycler and they have a problem with the piles getting too hot and catching fire. They're just looking for hot spots. I'll probably go with the 336

Yes for that kind of use you need nothing else. The 336 pixel frame is not to shabby and should easily be suited for that kind of work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue