Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major DNG/ProRes Licence Issue

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Im having a massive DNG/ProRes issue with my inspire 2. I recently had a crash and had my licence transferred to my new drone. To cut a long story short, and after being lied to by DJI I had to send my crashed drone to the repair centre in the Netherlands and thought they had transferred my licence.

I just tried to shoot proRes and got that red box telling me that the drone wasn't activated to shoot DNG/PorRes. I then plugged the drone into the assistant app on to see that under the licence section it is activated. This makes no sense.

I have since been on the phone to DJI for three hours trying to resolve this issue. Utterly useless.

To top it all, I can't even buy another activation key because when I input my drones serial it says it already has a licence.

I have tried everything, master reset, install/uninstall.

I have searched everywhere and can't find a single person who has had this jesse before and without proRes my drone is totally useless to me.

Can anyone lend me any advice? Cheers

We have seen a handful of reports of this error message pertaining to ProRes & CDNG licenses not being active when they really are.

It seems that no one really have an exact answer as to what causes it. Best thing I can recommend is re-power the aircraft and also remove and conduct a clean install of the DJI GO4 App.

Below are some comments I’ve seen regarding folks that have experienced the issue when the error message comes up. These really are not authoritative answers but having some additional insight can be helpful!

"Try this: power down everything and reboot your computer. Connect the drone with that white USB cable that came with it. Start up the Assistant app. Try reloading the license and the cert. Power up the drone and turn off then turn on the SSD record settings for the DNG workflow. Try recording something."

"This can happen if you turn your SSD off, then turn it on. Just restart the craft and it should clear itself. Had this happen 10 minutes before a major shoot. You shouldn't need to reactivate. Also- when updating, always remove the SSD. There is a small possibility that you could brick your SSD if you leave it in during a firmware update."​

I may also recommend turning the SSD off and back on within the camera settings menu. In addition to that, our best advice with this error message is a re-power of the aircraft and clean install of GO 4.

All instances of this issue have not been chronic and have been a one time occurrence, and I hope you find the same.

Reactions: SanCap
Cheers.

Any ideas how you reload the licence? When I click 'load certificate' I get an error that say 'unable to load'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AldaqiqAccounting