Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 200 (M200)

It's in the press release, they are calling it "AirSense" it's an ADS-B Receiver, I'm guessing they licensed a Ping, but it's definitely there. I don't really find the need to broadcast from a UAS, but this should help us with our 107 Waiver and COA as we can now confidently state that we can be aware of traffic that we can't see / hear.

From DJI Matrice 200 page:

DJI AIRSENSE
With a built-in ADS-B receiver, the M200 Series enhances airspace safety by automatically providing the operator with real-time information about nearby manned aircraft.
Only from those aircraft equipped with ADS-B, not required by the FAA until 2020. But a nice addition.

I dont really know what to make of it. Its decent but will cost far too much i imagin for what you get. The xt alone is twice the price of the equivalent spec Flir meant for non Dji.

The xt alone is twice the price of the equivalent spec Flir meant for non Dji.
12k for a XT 640 is crap isn't it - the only good thing is the geographic info is in the exif info in the jpgs so it can be used to map thermals.

Just found out that some of the 3rd party ones won't work with the I2 due to compatibility - so its looks like either I1 or the Matrice!

Reactions: giumick
12k for a XT 640 is crap isn't it - the only good thing is the geographic info is in the exif info in the jpgs so it can be used to map thermals.

Just found out that some of the 3rd party ones won't work with the I2 due to compatibility - so its looks like either I1 or the Matrice!
For its price, the XT isn't even comparable to other options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

We just rent it now. Even a Flir rep told me Dji fan boys have more money than sense so the price wont drop. That hurt me a little as thats the way people see Dji owners in the industry and that makes it hard to expand your business without been fleeced.

When i did my Pfaw i remember the guy saying there all cheap chinese crap no matter what brand it is, just this one works best for now lol

Cheers
Mick

We just rent it now. Even a Flir rep told me Dji fan boys have more money than sense so the price wont drop. That hurt me a little as thats the way people see Dji owners in the industry and that makes it hard to expand your business without been fleeced.

When i did my Pfaw i remember the guy saying there all cheap chinese crap no matter what brand it is, just this one works best for now lol

Cheers
Mick
I can't stand that I HAVE to buy a crappy Chinese product just to be competitive.
Customers seem to expect the more put together look of DJI products, while anyone else says you're a "fanboy" because I painfully spent twice as much.

However, I'd like to see a US manufacturer bring the necessary tools to the table that even came close to matching the capability of DJI's current lineup.

I can't stand that I HAVE to buy a ,crappy Chinese product just to be competitive.
Customers seem to expect the more put together look of DJI products, while anyone else says you're a "fanboy" because I painfully spent twice as much.

However, I'd like to see a US manufacturer bring the necessary tools to the table that even came close to matching the capability of DJI's current lineup.

Id love to see a Uk company, we have some of the best engineers in the world. I was always more of a flyer than a builder but some of the lads ive met over the years who enjoy more tinkering could produce some fantastic kit i bet. My friend owns a model shop as has been qualified a while, when i told him about the issues ive had he just laughed his head off and said told you build your own. Soon as i can afford it i am.

You never know though maybe Dji are listening and might actually do something about it... live in hope ey. They need to understand that not everyone cant afford to invest 50k-70k plus into this game off the go, only big companies can command that kind of debt and stay afloat.

Ive spoke to so many people now who have sold up as the cost of rigs was silly and snobbery demanded the latest all the time.

Thanks
Mick

Would be great to see and it will happen. Just a matter of time until someone is ready to drop the R&D $$ and really make it happen. There have been attempts and with each attempt someone is able to learn a little more. The opportunity is there...who's going to bite? :cool:

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Is the landing gear retractable like the M600? All the shots show the landing skids lowered but some do show the camera rotated somewhat sideways. If it does rotate, we might have to settle with skid shots when trying to use for creative purposes...

Is the landing gear retractable like the M600? All the shots show the landing skids lowered but some do show the camera rotated somewhat sideways. If it does rotate, we might have to settle with skid shots when trying to use for creative purposes...
This is strictly for commercial purposes.

I have noted that too. This thing is a test bed for the M8. Some will run out and buy it, I'm waiting for them to incorporate this tech in a bird that's worthy of carrying it.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Advexure
Skids look like they are quickfix & removable, but aren't retractable.

Yes, confirmed that landing gear is not retractable. They are attached by a quick release mechanism to easily remove them for packing the unit into the case. This is not a unit for "creative" work and therefore retractable landing gear for a 360 degree unobstructed gimbal rotation is not fully necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77