Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

It looks like you people making problems themselves . Any Lipo manual says that LIPO batteries must be fully and FRESHLY charged before EACH flight. Keep it simple - just follow the rules.
Never had problems with the batteries on the Inspire, but got sh-d
my pants flying P3Pro on max height and received the warning message to lend immediately dew to low power in all batteries cells
That happened when I left fully charged batteries for the couple of days.
Now I charge them strictly in a day the flight.
No - there was a firmware bug in the battery algorithm which incorrectly calculated the depletion curve of the packs. This has now been addressed.

Release notes:

What’s New:

1. Fixed battery level fluctuation issue.

2. The X3 gimbal on the Inspire 1 is now compatible with the Osmo.

3. Follow Me feature now supported in Intelligent Flight Mode.

4. Optimized HDR performance.

5. Adjusted video storage rate to 60 Mbps at 1080p60, and 40 Mbps at 1080p30.

6. Added a feature to smooth the pitch, roll and yaw movement of the X3 gimbal from the DJI GO app.

7. Enforced read-only access for the data in the flight recorder.

8. Optimized sampling methods for the Vision Position System to improve its stability.
Notes:

1. Hibernation and gimbal protection is not supported on the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal.

2. Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries

by using this firmware.

3. The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later.

4. Calibrate the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal when using it on the Osmo for the first time.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Release_Note_en_v1.5.0.30.pdf
I downloaded the latest firmware last night (1.5.0.30)and spent all last night and the best part of today trying to get it loaded. On inserting the disk and switching on the drone, I just got a steady flashing light rather than the usual beep sounds etc. I tried I don't know how many times formatting the disk and retrying only for the same issue to repeat. The camera screen still informed me of upgrade required. I finally managed to get it loaded, but with a message on the screen "reformatting is suggested" and also despite repeated calibrations, still have some of the readings way out and still requiring calibration. Anyone else have this issue and more importantly a fix? DJI are saying they are not aware of the issue, but I have seen some posts detailing the same issue.

I downloaded the latest firmware last night (1.5.0.30)and spent all last night and the best part of today trying to get it loaded. On inserting the disk and switching on the drone, I just got a steady flashing light rather than the usual beep sounds etc. I tried I don't know how many times formatting the disk and retrying only for the same issue to repeat. The camera screen still informed me of upgrade required. I finally managed to get it loaded, but with a message on the screen "reformatting is suggested" and also despite repeated calibrations, still have some of the readings way out and still requiring calibration. Anyone else have this issue and more importantly a fix? DJI are saying they are not aware of the issue, but I have seen some posts detailing the same issue.

I have had a similar problem. My Inspire will not update to 1.5 either, all I'm getting is that and update is required on my RC. I do the usual stuff to update and i get nothing, no beeping, nothing. I also would like to know if there is anyone with a solution.

I have had a similar problem. My Inspire will not update to 1.5 either, all I'm getting is that and update is required on my RC. I do the usual stuff to update and i get nothing, no beeping, nothing. I also would like to know if there is anyone with a solution.
Best if you also contact DJI as they are telling me they are not aware of the issue and I should return my drone for repair. Not confirmed that it would be repaired under warranty!! It's obviously a problem with the firmware.....

Best if you also contact DJI as they are telling me they are not aware of the issue and I should return my drone for repair. Not confirmed that it would be repaired under warranty!! It's obviously a problem with the firmware.....
Isky

Try formatting the SD card in the camera rather than your computer, then copy the .bin file onto the SD card and try to update again. This solved my reformat message I was getting on screen and I think it may solve your issue.

OK, I have been doing updates since last December with no issues. I have my personal Inspire and an Inspire used for work. I upgraded the firmware as usual on my work airframe, both RCs and all batteries no issues. I then went and upgraded on my personal airframe. Exact same way I did my work airframe. Got the D..DD, and shut down. Went to upgrade RC and no camera image. It has a green light on the RC but at the home screen it does not say connected. I can move the camera and put it into travel mode but no picture and no notification to update the RC. Just stays on "Disconnected" DJI GO is up to date as well. Nothing I do will get it to connect and give me a picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe this has been covered, I haven't read the entire thread, but mine won't take updates from the 64gb cards I normally fly with. I have to use the 4gb card that came with the inspire. I am pretty sure it has to do with the formatting limits that the firmware will accept.

Also, after each update, I deleted everything but the bin file for the subsequent updates, getting rid of the log files and folders that booting creates.

Maybe this has been covered, I haven't read the entire thread, but mine won't take updates from the 64gb cards I normally fly with. I have to use the 4gb card that came with the inspire. I am pretty sure it has to do with the formatting limits that the firmware will accept.

Also, after each update, I deleted everything but the bin file for the subsequent updates, getting rid of the log files and folders that booting creates.

Yep, I always clean off all the old stuff before updating, It doesn't seem to be a airframe issue, it seems to be a RC issue.

Hi Lofty,

After update I had some issues with drift, stability and height. I suggest you make sure you can complete all the tests in ATTITUDE mode then you have a backup.

Given your test is soon I don't recommend updating until after. To risky now with limited time and what if the update doesn't work properly you might not be able to fly!

Thanks ARF, I will certainly hold off till after the test. It's a pretty windy day here in Perth today but I managed all the manoeuvres in Atti When i was practicing so should be fine. I'm just hoping the thing doesn't lock me out for not updating as I've heard before. Cheers

Does the f"ollow me" function work? I kept getting "gps signal to weak", but I could set my home point to the controller fine. I was also above the 10m height so am I missing something?

You need to have cellular.

Not necessarily, you don't need cellular. You need a tablet that has GPS enabled. I use both an Ipad Mini and Android. Neither have cellular, the Ipad has no GPS and the Android has GPS. The Follow-me did not work with Ipad but did work with android. That said, if you have an Ipad, perhaps you need cellular to also have the GPS capability.

Reactions: SanCap
Yes, only the cellular iPad has GLONASS. You can't have GPS in an iPad unless it is cellular or has a 3rd party addon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu