Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Lightbridge antenna system....video inside....

I am about to do a DBS Mods vs FPVLR test with both antennas on the same amps. I used the FPVLR mount on the DBS so I could use pre-mounted amps and that it would be an even match. Should be interesting to see which has the best range.

Update:

So far pretty even on the flight signal, the amps did not seem to make much of a noticeable difference on the DBS antennas. Seems like running them stock provides just a good of a signal/distance than running it with amps. I will continue testing to see...

IMAG0192.jpg

Last edited:
I am about to do a DBS Mods vs FPVLR test with both antennas on the same amps. I used the FPVLR mount on the DBS so I could use pre-mounted amps and that it would be an even match. Should be interesting to see which has the best range.

Update:

So far pretty even on the flight signal, the amps did not seem to make much of a noticeable difference on the DBS antennas. Seems like running them stock provides just a good of a signal/distance than running it with amps. I will continue testing to see...

View attachment 2867
Hey dreadwing. .
do you have an update on your last update. .
Did you find the proff in the pudding? ?lol..:D

Reactions: sirnikolas
Doing a few more test tomorrow. But the DBS mod does not really need the amps. Didn't see much of a performance gain from using it without them. The DBS stock >= the FPVLR with Amps. The DBS with amps gives me stronger signal but not as clean a channel spectrum.

I do like the FPVLR mount if using the DBS with amps. Otherwise, the hardware that comes with the DBS is much smaller and easier to take on or off. My only complaint with the DBS mount is that the metal edges are sharp. Would be nice if they were rounded or smoothed out a bit. But again, for the price of the DBS antenna's, it's a very good deal and big improvement to the stock antenna setup.

I'm glad to hear it works great! I moved to a different city and have had no time to install mine yet. Hopefully in another week or so I can get some flights in.
I hate moving! The packing and unpacking into a new house is getting real old real fast.

Ordered on from eBay. What is he doing exactly for the battery mod?

He used a battery mod to do the P3 5.25 mile out and 5.25 mile back trip. I posted that on the big FB Inspire group page yesterday and it turned into a complete zoo.

I had to delete the post after about 150+ comments in a few hours. Nobody believed it and all the "dudes" who didn't even own Inspires turned out to tout their years of building TBS 30-mile range world record quads. And of course the guys currently doing long range mods showed up and started bad mouthing DBS as dishonest etc.

Had to just delete the whole mess, I couldn't stomach it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dreadwing
:) ... I saw he had some kind of a battery mod for the Phantom 2 by adding an additional battery. I would imagine the mod would be done directly on the bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozonemedxb