Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Prop Mounting Plates Released by DJI fr I1

Reaction score
Sorry if this is old news to some of you.

DJI have released the prop mounting plates from the I2 to fit the I1 - 1345LS

so what does this mean? You can use bigger props on the I1? Or a new type of prop mount and props of the same size?

Anyone know if these will come in pairs or individually? The DJI e-mail includes a picture of two.

They are on the DJI website showing as a pair for £7 GBP ;)

But you might want to look at your local dealer as the shipping from DJI will be around £10 GBP :confused:

Reactions: BCF
They are on the DJI website showing as a pair for £7 GBP ;)

But you might want to look at your local dealer as the shipping from DJI will be around £10 GBP :confused:
You're right - £10.26 p&p :eek:! I'm in no rush so I'll wait until they arrive at my local dealer.

Ordered from dji online. Delivery 6-7 business days. Will let you know how I get on with them and what I think

I just ordered 2 sets, I am due for new locks. I have a spare set of 1345T locks, but want to try these out. I can always use my reserve set if I don't like these, but they look impressive.

On the DJI forum someone said there was no difference, that DJI had just changed the part numbers.

But wait a minute.... look at this.
Sure do look different to me!

xxxe.jpg

Reactions: ash223
I just ordered 2 sets, I am due for new locks. I have a spare set of 1345T locks, but want to try these out. I can always use my reserve set if I don't like these, but they look impressive.
Hi AeroMirage: how do you determine best that you need new locks (and props)?

Anyone know if these will come in pairs or individually? The DJI e-mail includes a picture of two.
I ordered mine yesterday. I too wondered about that and saw the pair in the pic. I figured its like the pair of props and the special price is $7, and the regular msrp is going to be $15 so i assume they come as a pair. I hope so because i ordered two packs hehehe.

Hi AeroMirage: how do you determine best that you need new locks (and props)?
I myself just assumed it would be good maintenance if you have alot of flights on your craft. I'm pretty happy with my 1345T but figured for $7/pair and the cool snap lock it could only help

if one of my screw-on prop is damaged in any way I change it. No worries about locks and stuff. It's only an extra liability. The extra clip on locks that hold the screw-on's in place are the best innovation for securing props. I still can't imagine why anyone would become exited about snap on's. But it's probably the era we live in, instant gratification in every aspect, even replacing something as stupid and quick as mounting props by giving them a few turns.
Snap! Wow that is quick, sure saves me a whopping 5 seconds per prop. Lets pray it holds.....

:p:p:p

I'd much rather have the piece of mind of the twist locks of my v2.0. makes it impossible to come off

I myself just assumed it would be good maintenance if you have alot of flights on your craft. I'm pretty happy with my 1345T but figured for $7/pair and the cool snap lock it could only help
I had a prop wear to the point that it rattled when hand spun. (Actually only once, with one prop) While there is no visible wear on them, I think it will be wise to change them as I have over 450 flights on them. I inspect my props regularly and replace one if I even suspect it isn't 100%. To much at stake not to.
I can't speak on earlier prop mounting systems, since I have the V2.0 which came with the 1345T locks and props. But, I have absolute peace of mind that it is a viable system. Is it better than the 1345S or the screw-ons? I don't know. But I feel they are better than what I had on the Phantom 3. (Screw on)

I got the e-mail about this as well... I don't understand what the difference is between this new mounting plate and the one which came on my I1 v2. Can anyone enlighten me?

There is an additional plate through which the locks pass that firmly lock the device in place. Also there are two metal spring tabs added to the part that twists to lock the props. In order to release them, you must pinch the metal tabs inward then turn them. It is a more positive locking system.

Reactions: Lloyd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen