Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Now for something completely insane

What are you getting when you click the link? It takes me to Vice and a story of drones clearing a power line.
That is what I saw. Then all kinds of virus warnings popped up saying I had to call Microsoft to fix. Clicking on any of it to close just opened up dozens more windows. The only way I could get out of it was to force close browser with task manager.

That is what I saw. Then all kinds of virus warnings popped up saying I had to call Microsoft to fix. Clicking on any of it to close just opened up dozens more windows. The only way I could get out of it was to force close browser with task manager.
That's not good... I use a Mac and it went to Vice as per usual. Maybe check out your system and/or browser to see if you have something on your machine just to be safe.

Anyone else get strange results?

That's not good... I use a Mac and it went to Vice as per usual. Maybe check out your system and/or browser to see if you have something on your machine just to be safe.

Just a normal link to Vice, there is nothing tricky about it. The OP linked a FB post in his first post which must have been from a private group or something as it wasn't a public link.

Yes. Sorry about the first link. It was from a private FB. I have accessed the Vice link from many devices and didn’t get any virus warnings although I’m sorry for your result.

Yeah, I did a thorough scan. Nothing left behind.
All I know is things went crazy after about 10 seconds. Fortunately for me, I don't listen to these things.
It kept telling me to click some link to "purge" the virus. That would have opened the door to it I am sure.

Cyber vandalism, I think it is called. Just about as annoying as all of the calls I get on my cell phone now.
One keeps trying to sell me an extended warranty on a car that I no longer have.
Another keeps promising to wipe out my student loan. (Never had one, or even applied for one!!)
Blocking the numbers has no effect.

One keeps trying to sell me an extended warranty on a car that I no longer have.
Another keeps promising to wipe out my student loan. (Never had one, or even applied for one!!)
Blocking the numbers has no effect.

Had to shop a new healthcare plan a couple months ago and swear they sell your phone number to the world. It's been nasty and they call from a number with the same area code as my number so I have no way of knowing to ignore the calls or not. :eek:

Reactions: Mixchief
Had to shop a new healthcare plan a couple months ago and swear they sell your phone number to the world. It's been nasty and they call from a number with the same area code as my number so I have no way of knowing to ignore the calls or not. :eek:
Yes, spoofing random numbers in the area code, and now even the prefix of your 7 digit cell phone number seems to be their latest trick! :rolleyes:

I'm to the point that if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail. If it is important they will leave a message. The others I block.

I'm to the point that if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail. If it is important they will leave a message. The others I block.
At home, I use the completely free NoMoRobo service Stop robocalls and telemarketers with Nomorobo for landlines. Eliminates 95% of the calls with just a single ring, as the call is filtered through a known database of robocallers, which is continuously updated by users. It's also available for cell phones for $2 a month per line. Not sure if spoofed caller ID's can be filtered out, but its certainly worth a try. They offer a free 14 day trial for the cell phone version! :cool:

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Wait till you get calls from YOUR NUMBER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william76931