Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Override of DJI No-Fly Zones - UPDATE

Actually it was for me on an invite only type basis. As far as I know. I was given the links and told what to do and followed those steps. I am not sure of other countries tho. I would try to email DJI and see what they can do for you.

Reactions: Phatzo
Has anyone had much experience flying just outside a NFZ? I have a job coming up to film at a university, but have only just noticed that a NFZ has been put around the stadium nearby, which affects part of the university as well. I am doing a recce tommorow so will know more about where I will potentially be doing the aerial footage, but anyone thats had experience with this, do you just get a warning that a NFZ is close by, and I would imagine if you try to enter it, its like hitting a wall.

Bloody DJI are so slow at sorting things out, I am sure the over ride function has been in beta for several months now.

You have to first be Verified on the website before you can do anything, Once you are verified (Credit Card or Cell Phone) then when you enter a no fly zone it will automatically pop up a message asking you if you want to unlock the no fly zone. It will then unlock it for 24 hours before asking you again to unlock the zone.

If you are going to fly somewhere where you know you will NOT have internet access, then you need to goto DJI's geofencing website and unlock the zone manually which will last 3 days.

Its very easy to do.
Hello,
Can you please explane me on what website I can "verify my credit card/mobile number.
I can not find it anywhere.
I live in Sweden and our RC club flyes on a closed down Airport.
Grateful for your help
/Arne

Hello,
Can you please explane me on what website I can "verify my credit card/mobile number.
I can not find it anywhere.
I live in Sweden and our RC club flyes on a closed down Airport.
Grateful for your help
/Arne
That was a limited beta program and is not available to the public yet and not sure if it ever will be...

Reactions: Arne Boersma
That was a limited beta program and is not available to the public yet and not sure if it ever will be...
Thank you for your reply wbill!
I am confused... Maybe I am on a wrong tread.
I have a P3 professional and read on dji site about geofencing etc (Nov 18, 2015) see link.
DJI Introduces New Geofencing System for its Drones
There it is said that you have to have a verified dji-account.
Was this article about the Beta version you talk about?
Do you have any recommendations where I can find verification?
Thank you in advance for explaining the above...
/Arne

Honestly,

I can't begin to understand your position. Why would I want someone else to make that determination for me. I am smart person and I can arrive at my own decision.

If you are a professional why would you want anyone or entity to tell you that you cannot accept a job. You should be able to make that determination yourself.

Additionally, DJI wants fewer restrictions so they can sell more aircraft, their only interests is in liability and litigation. If you're a professional, you should be responsible enough to make the right decisions.

Lastly, DJI and other apps often get it wrong. Most helipads are classified in apps as airports, and private airports without weather reporting services and a CTAF become restrictive when in fact they are not.

If a professional pilot wants to have a business, why would he/she want someone else to tell them what you can or can't do. The FAA doesn't care about the app or DJI limitation, as an operator you will always be held responsible.

I suspect that a new FW version will come out with the ability to enter a code to remove the limitations, and DJI and others will use the FAA's public listing of pilots licenses to verify. It would be rather easy to accomplish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur