Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

I thought my I2 had escaped all of this, but it developed the 'rattle' last Friday on the front red motor after having flown for around 4:30hrs total without any noise. Presumably something has worn slightly through mounting/dismounting the props and it's now enough to introduce the wobble/noise.

This makes me think there's a definite tolerance issue (as the red props are much looser than the white to mount/dismount and lock). Either the red prop shaft is slightly too narrow, or the prop socket is slightly too wide. I tried packing the top of the prop with some foam, but that didn't work. So I ended up using a rectangle of some tracing/greaseproof paper folded over to act as a small shim to pack the side of the prop shaft that the prop sits onto - that worked a treat. No noise, no wobble.

If I can find my Verniers, then I'll measure the shaft size on the front and back red motors - it's got to be that that's different as the same props make no noise when swapped to the back motor, but make a noise on the front one.

On the inspire 1 you were suppose to replace the prop adaptors every 50 flights I think. If you have 4-1/2 hours of flying it's probably time to swap them out for safety

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

I was the first adopter of an I2 to report the problem to DJI here in China. As fits they wanted the I2 returned but instead i let my wife (who is Chinese) talk to them in Mandarin she said " new props now or we ship it all back", props arrived 3 days later. They are not the MARK 2 design and "we" are currently waiting for a full set of these but it wont be until after CNY so maybe on 4 Feb sometime.

When do you think dji online sales shipping shuts down for the CNY? And you think shipping will resume 2/5/17?

I just received my I2 and was wondering if there's anyway to know if I have the new improved rotors or not. If I'm not seeing any play in my rotors or any weird noises I should be good? I am surprised by how load this 12 is!

I just received my I2 and was wondering if there's anyway to know if I have the new improved rotors or not. If I'm not seeing any play in my rotors or any weird noises I should be good? I am surprised by how load this 12 is!

If there is no rattling or play then you don't have the problem. I suggest you keep an eye (or ear) out for it though, because it seems to develop over time in some cases.

If there is no rattling or play then you don't have the problem. I suggest you keep an eye (or ear) out for it though, because it seems to develop over time in some cases.
Great thanks. Also it's normal for there to be really large fluctuations in how loud the I2 is? It seems when I'm slowly increasing in altitude it's actually not very load but any other movements even hovering it seems to be ripping the air to shreds.

Great thanks. Also it's normal for there to be really large fluctuations in how loud the I2 is? It seems when I'm slowly increasing in altitude it's actually not very load but any other movements even hovering it seems to be ripping the air to shreds.

I know exactly what you mean- mine does the same and I have had no problems so I would say it's nothing out of the norm

Finally received and put on my replacement props sent by DJI. Funny to see they have foam in them just as many of us had done to the stock props as a temporary fix. At least the foam they put in them seems to have eliminated all issues 100%. The foam I used only made things better but there was still some rattle. Also pleased to see they sent me a spare pair of props as well! I was only expecting one pair but I purposely had low expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

To those who are still trying to resolve "Red Color Prop Issues" --- If you purchased your Inspire 2 from DJI you will need to contact DJI Support and they will issue replacement props. Please note that DJI Sales Support will continue to be limited for the next few days due to the national holiday in China.

If you purchased from an authorized dealer you will need to contact your dealer who will issue replacement props immediately upon confirmation that your props are affected by the issue.

I received My inspire this weekend. Do all new props have the foam? Mine do not.

View attachment 11928

We've been seeing that the newest props on I2 units do not have the foam and the red prop issue has been resolved. When turning your red props do they make the clicking sound?

I too have this problem. Left front motor seemed to make a grinding sound after 10 minutes into its maiden flight. Removed prop and reinstalled, grinding reduced but still not as smooth as other 3. Not sure if it's a bad motor or known prop issue. Leaving me a little insecure as far as safety goes. i2 has less than 20 minutes of flight on it. Tech support wait was too long the other day so I'll try again today.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Got 2 new sets of props today with the foam fix in them. It fixed the rattle on both red sides but there apparently is a screw loose on the adaptor or something else I'm not seeing. The prop actually moves slightly up and down on the adaptor. Is there something else to tighten if I remove the QR adaptor? See the clip showing the movement. On a perfect prop/motor, pushing down slightly on top of tip of the rotor only flexes the prop. In the video, you see it give a little and then flex.

Dropbox - IMG_0110.MOV

To those who are still trying to resolve "Red Color Prop Issues" --- If you purchased your Inspire 2 from DJI you will need to contact DJI Support and they will issue replacement props. Please note that DJI Sales Support will continue to be limited for the next few days due to the national holiday in China.

If you purchased from an authorized dealer you will need to contact your dealer who will issue replacement props immediately upon confirmation that your props are affected by the issue.

We've been seeing that the newest props on I2 units do not have the foam and the red prop issue has been resolved. When turning your red props do they make the clicking sound?

What exactly is the problem with the props making that clicking sound? There are videos all over YouTube. Has anybody defined what the issue actually is?

DJI sent me 10 replacement props. 5 red, 5 white. All have the foam. None fix the red rattle. Uggggh! The foam requires a little down pressure to mount but the rattle is unaltered. A small U-Shim cut from the plastic prop sleeves that builds up the sides of the cavity fixes the problem.

Is there any identification on the non-foam newer props that I might ask for?

Purchased I2 yesterday and this was the first thing I checked after scouring the forums for the past few weeks. Contacted DJI straight away, they've organised TNT shipping for me to send them back. I don't really want to as ramming foam in to the cavity seems to do the trick and I've got jobs to shoot. And from what I read above, the replacement props may not even fix the issue?

Come on DJI. Absolutely pathetic. New in box and does not work.

The problem with DJI's foa fix is that it simply adds material to the base of the cavity. This would correct the issue if the cavity were only too deep but it is also too wide. A "U" shaped shim fixes the issue as it also addresses the sides. But...it is a pain to carry around and place fiddly little shims or to custom cut them on site.
On my new props, the only ones that have the "2" on the underside are the white ones.

That is interesting. My white props have the "2" mark as well. These shipped in paired, sealed bags with red props without "2"'s. Does anyone have red props marked with "2"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reubenmarie