Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

I'm in the UK received my I2 & X5S yesterday from Heliguy. Glad to report no issues with the props no foam inserts either. At the moment I have four batteries two marked set A and two marked B. Stuck them all into the charger not sure if this was a coincidence as it started to charge the A set first. I used one of my inspire 1 chargers to charge the remote. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I'm in the UK received my I2 & X5S yesterday from Heliguy. Glad to report no issues with the props no foam inserts either. At the moment I have four batteries two marked set A and two marked B. Stuck them all into the charger not sure if this was a coincidence as it started to charge the A set first. I used one of my inspire 1 chargers to charge the remote. So far so good.

you can charge 2 batteries and remote at the same time.

Nope no 2 or foam, all the props were tight. I had loose red ones on my i1 I just put a couple wraps of white plumbers PFTE tape on the stems and they were nice and snug.

My I2 arrived today and in the build phase I mounted the props to check how to use the fast mounts.

I found after fitting the "red" props that if i spun the blades around the red ones made a rattling sound. After ages of investigating where the noise was coming from i found that when the quick lock was closed on the prop there was till movement in the blade. (side to side)

Called DJI and no help there...

In the end i found that by inserting a small amount of tissue paper in the depression between the blade and the raised mounting point the noise went away. This was only 2 ply tissue so only a very small gap... I the found some single sided foam tape and inserted in the place the tissue paper was so i don't have to worry loosing the paper in flight.

Problem resolved

There was no problems with the white props !!

would advise you check yours as this causes serious miss balance and could damage your motors
My I2 arrived today and in the build phase I mounted the props to check how to use the fast mounts.

I found after fitting the "red" props that if i spun the blades around the red ones made a rattling sound. After ages of investigating where the noise was coming from i found that when the quick lock was closed on the prop there was till movement in the blade. (side to side)

Called DJI and no help there...

In the end i found that by inserting a small amount of tissue paper in the depression between the blade and the raised mounting point the noise went away. This was only 2 ply tissue so only a very small gap... I the found some single sided foam tape and inserted in the place the tissue paper was so i don't have to worry loosing the paper in flight.

Problem resolved

There was no problems with the white props !!

would advise you check yours as this causes serious miss balance and could damage your motors

There is another way to fix this rattle problem with the red props. From I can see the major part of the problem lies with the hub, specifically the part that has the metal clips on it. On this part the areas that lock onto the props are not the proper length (off by a millimetre or so). You can take the hub part with the metal clip (a white one) and use it on the red prop. All you do is dab a bit of red paint with a toothpick onto the small white triangles. So let me sumerize, you use the flat silver spring for the red side, the centre of the hub for the red side, BUT use the part with the metal clips that you squeeze in to unlock from the white side. You need a couple of spare sets of prop hubs to do this as you need to use the metal clip part from the white sides.
I'm sure DJI will fix this problem with new red side hubs, but for now this is a fix that works, and I think it's a better way than foam in the prop, or toilet paper for taking up the slack in the hub.

Reactions: Maverik
There is another way to fix this rattle problem with the red props. From I can see the major part of the problem lies with the hub, specifically the part that has the metal clips on it. On this part the areas that lock onto the props are not the proper length (off by a millimetre or so). You can take the hub part with the metal clip (a white one) and use it on the red prop. All you do is dab a bit of red paint with a toothpick onto the small white triangles. So let me sumerize, you use the flat silver spring for the red side, the centre of the hub for the red side, BUT use the part with the metal clips that you squeeze in to unlock from the white side. You need a couple of spare sets of prop hubs to do this as you need to use the metal clip part from the white sides.
I'm sure DJI will fix this problem with new red side hubs, but for now this is a fix that works, and I think it's a better way than foam in the prop, or toilet paper for taking up the slack in the hub.

Seriously you want to go to all that trouble because DJI have not got their act together? The red V2 props fix the issue alternative it a very easy temp fix that does not involve buying new mounts from dji and unscrewing old mounts or painting.... just add a bit of double sided sticky tape and leave the backing on. when you get your new V2 props from DJI then simply remove this tiny bit of sticky tape..EASYtape on red motors.jpg

Reactions: NickU
Seriously you want to go to all that trouble because DJI have not got their act together? The red V2 props fix the issue alternative it a very easy temp fix that does not involve buying new mounts from dji and unscrewing old mounts or painting.... just add a bit of double sided sticky tape and leave the backing on. when you get your new V2 props from DJI then simply remove this tiny bit of sticky tape..EASYView attachment 12140

The tape does not fix the problem, it only masks it. The way I described does fix the problem. And seriously it's only 2 screws to take out and put back in, it's not a lot of work. These aircraft are too expensive to be using tape or toilet paper to mask problems.

Reactions: oblivie
The tape does not fix the problem, it only masks it. The way I described does fix the problem. And seriously it's only 2 screws to take out and put back in, it's not a lot of work. These aircraft are too expensive to be using tape or toilet paper to mask problems.
Yeah these aircraft are too expensive to be fixing yourself PERIOD!
DJI it's time to get customers in the air without them having to repair anything on day one when opening up their new Inspire 2

Reactions: Lesmess

I like this sort of solution.

I had the same issues, rattling and a slight play in the rotation. One of the solutions I tried was putting contact cement on the bottom outside edge of the prop hubs and letting it dry a few hours, then attaching to the mounts. No rattle, no play. Its almost like the props were glued to the motors.... Not recommending this, but I have not had any issues since.

The red clip mounts that you squeeze to twist and lock the props...... they are less that 1 mm short .......change jus the red clip mount with white clipmounts ..... ONLY THE RED CLIP MOUNTS.... leave the red middle piece in the middle and the spring.... DONT touchs those.....as per Gregp2017 post above

I did this solution as mentioned above....by gregp2017 ....works perfect , with or without the foam[emoji16][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Hello, yes it works great on mine too. Glad I could help you out. I had one person tell me that it was way too much work to do the fix I described, but when dealing with an expensive drone like we have, I have no problem spending the time doing it right the first time. I don't like to just mask the trouble, I want to eliminate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy